Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the logic is that if you’re paid at the top you should be one of the top performers. the hope is that you’ll be a top performer and advance in the playoffs no matter what you’re paid. so no, there’s no alignment for sub par pay and sub par play anywhere but at the negotiations table

Dak is clearly one of top performers and QB's in the NFL. However, paying a QB big money doesnt guarantee the success of the team or mean that the players around the QB are good enough to win anything.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is clearly one of top performers and QB's in the NFL. However, paying a QB big money doesnt guarantee the success of the team or mean that the players around the QB are good enough to win anything.

Please do tell.......man I'm excited to find out all his glorious accomplishments.:yourock:
Please post all his playoff wins and Superbowl wins????
Can't wait......:popcorn:

Just one thing though....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter if he's the highest or the not. Stephen Jones will not do much with the remaining cap dollars available. He's willing to overspend on his own players and that is it. So even if Dak had signed for less they wouldn't do anything productive like actually go out and add talent to a team who was winning. This team is not winning with or without Dak regardless.

Sadly I think we can all agree on your point. Romo learned that lesson and Dak is learning it now.

basel90

Reaction score
dak has to win on the field and prove he is a top 10-15 QB . He has not answered any questions and he is running out of excuses ( the defense, garret , Dez , elite receiver missing leg broken, and now bad OL etc ) .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Carr had a star on his helmet you would be one of the leaders of the "Carr thrived while all the distractions were going on" crowd, Ronnie.

We all know your game.

LOL.. nice try to paint others with the same brush folks use on you. I have always been consistent in where I stand on Dak.. He's good.. he is not great.. and he needs to continue to improve. If he had a season where he threw 23 TDs and 15 INTs I would NOT be calling it anything but what it was.. which was "meh." It also bears pointing out that Carr didn't do much "thriving" after the Gruden saga settled down. In fact in the three games right after Gruden stepped down the Raiders went 0-3 and averaged 15 ppg. In fact he really only played well when feasting on Anthony Brown on Thanksgiving.. Other than that game the Raider offense scored 16, 13,14, 15, 9 16 and 17 in 7 of 8 games. Doesn't seem like Carr did much "thriving" at all. But maybe the defense did. They won 5 of their last 7 games while averaging under 20 ppg. But again, only softheads make that about the QB..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played great against the Bucs last year first game of the year with little to no offseason throwing the ball. Miraculous performance against the Champs. Another great game was the first in years to throw for over 400 yards on a Bellicheck defense.

These Dak turds cant argue their way out of a paper bag.

And by the way those were both with Kellen Moore as the OC. In fact, the Cowboys offense has actually gone to the next level with Moore as the OC.

However he clearly ran out of gas last year as his scheme looked predictable and uncreative. Despite the Oline problems.

His decision to keep featuring Zeke last year even while he was hurt and ineffective was a big reason for that. Clearly one of his worst decision of his young career.
You are assuming that was his decision to make. I think the coaching staff is well informed as to what players the Joneses want playing and being featured.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We knew it wouldn’t be long. He is about where he belongs. Give him a little better line and run game and he is top 5. Very few carry a team on there backs consistently..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are assuming that was his decision to make. I think the coaching staff is well informed as to what players the Joneses want playing and being featured.

I have no doubt that Jerry was pushing Zeke. There is no way that someone continues to feature Zeke last year when Pollard is the better runner by a long shot. Especially when he was hurt.

But by no way am I letting Moore off the hook for that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We knew it wouldn’t be long. He is about where he belongs. Give him a little better line and run game and he is top 5. Very few carry a team on there backs consistently..

Yah I think if we can get the line back to top 7 or so then the offense will flourish.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yah I think if we can get the line back to top 7 or so then the offense will flourish.
They usually do. It the playoffs when we need coaching to give us that edge. When the teams are both good teams you need a coaching staff to make the difference. That or let Dak call plays on Offense and a player call the Defense plays.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak played great against the Bucs last year first game of the year with little to no offseason throwing the ball. Miraculous performance against the Champs. Another great game was the first in years to throw for over 400 yards on a Bellicheck defense.

These Dak turds cant argue their way out of a paper bag.

And by the way those were both with Kellen Moore as the OC. In fact, the Cowboys offense has actually gone to the next level with Moore as the OC.

However he clearly ran out of gas last year as his scheme looked predictable and uncreative. Despite the Oline problems.

His decision to keep featuring Zeke last year even while he was hurt and ineffective was a big reason for that. Clearly one of his worst decision of his young career.

Realistically he didn't really "feature" Zeke. He kept him in the line up as a 6th offensive lineman basically. I don't think Zeke even got to 15 carries over the last 10 games did he? But we can all agree he should not have been playing. I can't even say for sure it was Moore's decision but whomever made that decision needs to be taken to task for it. Zeke was hurt and needed to sit 3-4 weeks (maybe more) to heal up to where he could get back close to the level he was playing at before he got hurt. When they kept telling us that "he can't do anymore damage to it" they were outright lying because unless the ligament was completely torn you can ALWAYS do more damage if only making the tear bigger. In fact if it WAS completely torn then that places more stress on the other ligaments and you run the risk of turning one torn ligament into 2 or 3 and maybe ending that kid's career. It still angers me how they handled that.

Still when I try and reconcile the offensive "rankings" against what we see on the field something doesn't add up.. Clearly the offense has gone up several notches since Moore took over in several statistical categories. But how much of that is the once inexperienced QB simply improving his mastery of the craft a little more? How much of it is great players doing great things vs scheme? Lots of experts talk about how Moore does not appear to have a plan in his play calling. Most of the big plays come as a result of a guy doing something amazing more so than a great play design getting a back to the second level untouched or a receiver running butt nekked wide open in the secondary. And how "great" was Moore's offense in 2020 after the triggerman went down? I know there is no one answer to any of these questions but obviously we need answers if we don't want to see the offense stumble over the second half of the season again. It happened in 2019.. and in 2020.. and aside from beating up on NFC rivals in disarray, in 2021.. Something has to give.

dckid

Reaction score
Derek Carr just signed an extension worth 121.5 million for 3 years which will drop Dak down another spot to #7.

ChD9ogK.jpg
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-highest-paid-quarterbacks-2022-salary/u3fhtwvx88tkvklijimo2fzh#:~:text=Each of the NFL's top 10 quarterbacks in,making $50 million per season. NFL's highest-paid quarterbacks

The problem is the market drives this, there is no shortage of money. I am ok with paying the franchise guys the right amount of money but not average players like Fak, Carr, Cousins, Jimmy G

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
dak has to win on the field and prove he is a top 10-15 QB . He has not answered any questions and he is running out of excuses ( the defense, garret , Dez , elite receiver missing leg broken, and now bad OL etc ) .

QBs dont win or lose on their own buddy. The fact that you think they do just shows that you dont understand what is going on out there.

There are great QB's on losing teams and average QB's on winning teams.

LOL..........so you dont think things like (Broken leg, bad Oline, Elite receiver missing, Garrett) are legitimate excuses? :huh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Realistically he didn't really "feature" Zeke. He kept him in the line up as a 6th offensive lineman basically. I don't think Zeke even got to 15 carries over the last 10 games did he? But we can all agree he should not have been playing. I can't even say for sure it was Moore's decision but whomever made that decision needs to be taken to task for it. Zeke was hurt and needed to sit 3-4 weeks (maybe more) to heal up to where he could get back close to the level he was playing at before he got hurt. When they kept telling us that "he can't do anymore damage to it" they were outright lying because unless the ligament was completely torn you can ALWAYS do more damage if only making the tear bigger. In fact if it WAS completely torn then that places more stress on the other ligaments and you run the risk of turning one torn ligament into 2 or 3 and maybe ending that kid's career. It still angers me how they handled that.

Still when I try and reconcile the offensive "rankings" against what we see on the field something doesn't add up.. Clearly the offense has gone up several notches since Moore took over in several statistical categories. But how much of that is the once inexperienced QB simply improving his mastery of the craft a little more? How much of it is great players doing great things vs scheme? Lots of experts talk about how Moore does not appear to have a plan in his play calling. Most of the big plays come as a result of a guy doing something amazing more so than a great play design getting a back to the second level untouched or a receiver running butt nekked wide open in the secondary. And how "great" was Moore's offense in 2020 after the triggerman went down? I know there is no one answer to any of these questions but obviously we need answers if we don't want to see the offense stumble over the second half of the season again. It happened in 2019.. and in 2020.. and aside from beating up on NFC rivals in disarray, in 2021.. Something has to give.
fall-jump-out-of-the-window.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You should actually love Moore. He continues to run and feature Zeke when he should be sitting on the bench or playing FB.

Zeke is definitely featured in the run game buddy. Pollard, especially later in the season was a guy that was simply spelling Zeke. In the playoff game it was even worse.

If Moore ever got away from the run game its because Zeke was either ineffective or the Cowboys were falling behind.

Did you really think the offense was going to be good after Dak went down? LOL

So when the offense is going great, its Zeke and when Zeke is running poorly or the offense is ineffective its Moore?

Bottom line is the Oline was the big issue. And that one huge issue can cripple an offense. We saw it effect both the run game and the passing game.

So how come the great Zeke couldnt carry the offense when Dak went down in 2020?

Zeke is a slow and limited RB at this point. Unable to consistently get to the edges, break tackles or make guys miss.