Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

Proof

Reaction score
Dak is clearly one of top performers and QB's in the NFL. However, paying a QB big money doesnt guarantee the success of the team or mean that the players around the QB are good enough to win anything.

i’m not ranking dak or his performance. just chiming in on the logic expectations don’t drop unfortunately

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
the logic is that if you’re paid at the top you should be one of the top performers. the hope is that you’ll be a top performer and advance in the playoffs no matter what you’re paid. so no, there’s no alignment for sub par pay and sub par play anywhere but at the negotiations table
Have we gotten subpar play from Dak?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i’m not ranking dak or his performance. just chiming in on the logic expectations don’t drop unfortunately

My expectations for Dak didnt change one bit when Dak got 40 million.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Yet another reason why this contract is not NEARLY as bad as many of us make it out to be. Quite simply, decent quarterback play costs a ridiculous amount of money in the modern NFL. I'm fine with the contract. You can't compete without at least a competent QB. The Zeke deal is the true albatross.

Well wait until Zeke leaves and we spend the next 10 years looking for a RB because we got rid of Zeke. Never again to see a complete rb in dallas.

We have never even sniffed a Super Bowl with out a Top Rusher.

Screw Stephen Jones and ALL the fans that think like him.

To you and all your ilk I say two words................................. Darren Hambrick

Oh yeah the cusses are directed at Stephen Jones NOT the person I quoted in the post

That was just a jump off point .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You should actually love Moore. He continues to run and feature Zeke when he should be sitting on the bench or playing FB.

Zeke is definitely featured in the run game buddy. Pollard, especially later in the season was a guy that was simply spelling Zeke. In the playoff game it was even worse.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one since we clearly have different definitions of what "featured." Means..

Over the last 9 games of the season Pollard had 58 carries in the 7 games he played.. He missed two because he also got hurt.. Over that same span Zeke had 121 carries.. So one guy averaged 8 carries a game and the other averaged 13? In my book that doesn't "feature" either of them.

If Moore ever got away from the run game its because Zeke was either ineffective or the Cowboys were falling behind.

Did you really think the offense was going to be good after Dak went down? LOL

No I didn't.. but several experts claimed that the offense was going to function better with Dalton at QB.. and not just the idiots who post here..

As for running backs being ineffective.. You may have noticed that Pollard had plenty of "ineffective" games too. And if he's not going to give you anything extra running the ball you really can't leave him out there to be missing blocks and getting the QB beat up.

So when the offense is going great, its Zeke and when Zeke is running poorly or the offense is ineffective its Moore?

Bottom line is the Oline was the big issue. And that one huge issue can cripple an offense. We saw it effect both the run game and the passing game.

Interesting strawman but nobody has said that. It all works together.. always has and always will. When the line isn't blocking worth a damn the backs aren't going to run worth a damn. You may get a missed tackle of a blown assignment on defense that leads to an occasional good play.. but overall, bad line play equals bad offense.. on that we are in complete agreement.

So how come the great Zeke couldnt carry the offense when Dak went down in 2020?

Zeke is a slow and limited RB at this point. Unable to consistently get to the edges, break tackles or make guys miss.

Mostly because Moore wouldn't let him.. He had a whole ONE game with 20 or more carries after Dak went down. Running backs need to carry the ball to carry the offense. Moore seems content to use him as a 6th offensive lineman more often than not. None of which is Zeke's fault.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Please do tell.......man I'm excited to find out all his glorious accomplishments.
Please post all his playoff wins and Superbowl wins????
Can't wait......:popcorn:

Just one thing though....

Hmm so stats are for losers only until they fit your narrative... Exhibit A:
# 1 is not good enough for Dak or Zeke.....Jeez man, what are you smoking????:muttley:
Hmm...

Oh and everybody knows that PFF grading is HIGHLY suspect.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Well wait until Zeke leaves and we spend the next 10 years looking for a RB because we got rid of Zeke. Never again to see a complete rb in dallas.

To you and all your ilk I say two words................................. Darren Hambrick

Oh yeah the cusses are directed at Stephen Jones NOT the person I quoted in the post

Do you mean Troy Hambrick?? :muttley:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Brother, if you think that good running backs can't be had easily in rounds 2, 3, 4, and 5 every single year I think you are beyond saving.

nobody

Reaction score
He's still overpaid for what he provide. Let's hope that changes and his game picks back up to preinjury performance last season. I have my doubts given the loss of talent, but hopefully the draft will help.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Derek Carr just signed an extension worth 121.5 million for 3 years which will drop Dak down another spot to #7.

ChD9ogK.jpg
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-highest-paid-quarterbacks-2022-salary/u3fhtwvx88tkvklijimo2fzh#:~:text=Each of the NFL's top 10 quarterbacks in,making $50 million per season. NFL's highest-paid quarterbacks

Leveraging their future on promises. Dak has set the market.