Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

Diehardblues

Reaction score
th

Ken

Reaction score
Right. Jay Cutler had great arm talent how far that take him? They just keep pushing their agenda…..so now you pay “arm talent”…you just completely ignore production lol….
Which was my point, thank you. Jay Cutler was the #11 pick in the draft bc he had a rocket arm but a $.10 head. Got multiple chances too....total loser.

Vince Young was another with the same issues but could also run in that same class ..#3 overall.

Great examples of "talent" not being all it takes to be a great qb.

ESisback

Reaction score
I’d say by all of the responses he’s being fed appears to be achieving his goal of trolling the board.

Personal attacks and ridicule don’t appear to deter.
Must be working. He’s asking me to stop!✊

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So he us not talented and doesn't know how to play qb?

Interesting analysis. Completely devoid of fact but interesting nonetheless. lol
He is kinda talented and kinda knows how to play QB.

I expect better than "kinda" though. I thought we were on the same page here?

I'll say this..... just because we are stuck with him for the right now doesn't mean we should pretend he is better than he is or, in Jerry's case, not be looking to upgrade the position in the near future.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you care what he's getting paid? They're under the cap and not spending it.

Some seem to think if they can pay the QB less, they can get more All Pros. Really?

Which stellar players have the Cowboys lost because of what they pay the QB? Or even the top 5 paid players?

Cooper, Collins and Williams weren't just about money. Gregory saved them from making yet another stupid mistake.

The problem with the Cowboys is not money; it is evaluation and establishing value.

The going rate for the franchise QB will continue to climb and this year is even more critical because of the lack of QB talent in the draft. Jackson, Herbert and Murray coming up next. AZ has a real tough decision to make. Pay Murray or do what at QB?

GoldenR

Reaction score
I don't really give a crap where he is ranked in relation to the league......he is paid too much in Dallas for what he can bring to the offense. Overpaying for a QB who has an average arm and below average intelligence when it comes to reading defenses. Plus now he is less mobile. He ain't no rookie or spring chicken anymore, i think what we see is what we will continue to get.
Spot on In regards to Rayne Dakota Presscott . Unfortunately, Jerry will give him another extention shortly. Good enough QB to compete within the division and that's good enough for Jerry!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
He is kinda talented and kinda knows how to play QB.

I expect better than "kinda" though. I thought we were on the same page here?

I'll say this..... just because we are stuck with him for the right now doesn't mean we should pretend he is better than he is or, in Jerry's case, not be looking to upgrade the position in the near future.
Yes. "Kinda".

Why you think he will not continue to get better, i have no idea. I fully expect him to start the "mastery" level of qbing this year. We will start to see more disection of defenses more in the Romo/P Manning/ Brees mold more often.

All very good qbs make that jump around the same point in their careers. Manning had it sooner than the other two mentioned but generally speaking, 6/7th year is where this metamorphosis takes place.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. "Kinda".

Why you think he will not continue to get better, i have no idea. I fully expect him to start the "mastery" level of qbing this year. We will start to see more disection of defenses more in the Romo/P Manning/ Brees mold more often.

All very good qbs make that jump around the same point in their careers. Manning had it sooner than the other two mentioned but generally speaking, 6/7th year is where this metamorphosis takes place.
Did you actually put Romo in with Manning and Brees?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I brought up Gruden and Ruggs to show that Carr still played well enough to both lead his team to the playoffs and get this big contract with those crazy distractions happening all around him.

How many QBs have ever had to deal with their star WR ruining his career right after their coach was fired for crazy emails in what seems like a league wide conspiracy? None. That's how many.

Carr thrived in a time when it would have been acceptable to buckle under everything.

LOL!!! A guy who threw 5 more INTs and FIFTEEN fewer TDs was "thriving"... while "leading" his offense to 19 points or less in 8 of his last 11 games.. All hail that performance. What would this crowd be saying about our QB if our offense stunk it up like that over that long a span? I doubt the word "thriving" would ever enter into the conversation.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
(Inhales)
"He can't read a defense, can't throw anyone open, can't beat teams with a winning record, can't win games against non conference teams, can't throw the back shoulder fade, can't put the team on his shoulders, he's reached his ceiling, he dinks and dunks, panics in the pocket, needs talent around him, can't fit it in tight windows, sucks in the redzone, sucks in the green zone, sucks in all colors of zones, smiles too much, wears his hat funny,........
Blah blah blah

Ken

Reaction score
Did you actually put Romo in with Manning and Brees?
I did for the mastery phase of qb.

I saw a tangible difference in how Romo attacked a defense ...i am not saying he or Dak are as good as those two.

The understanding of defenses, the disguises of defenses, the command of the offense....all becomes second nature. This makes it involuntary, like breathing, and elevates the level of a qbs play.

This is my own theory not based off of anything generally accepted as fact but it should be lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yes. "Kinda".

Those QBs had the ability to read defenses and had arm talent. They were gifted with those abilities.

Dak wouldn't have even been drafted if he wasn't a dual-threat QB. He wasn't drafted for his arm talent or ability to read defenses. Dak had the gift of being able to take off and run when he got confused. He doesn't do that anymore. Instead he will now hold on to the ball to long, take a sack, or make a bad decision.

His rookie season should not still be his best season. That aggravates me about Dak. He's still, 6 seasons in, chasing the ghost of his rookie year when he should have easily surpassed that by now. I mean, his rookie season was good for a rookie QB, but come on. He should have left that in the dust at this point.

If he improves this season without Cooper then great, but if it's business as usual or worse, then what? Are you going to try and sell "7th years a charm" to us because you don't want to accept what he is? At a certain point the ownership needs to actually try and win. Could you imagine the contract Jerry would have given Goff if he would have lead us to a Super Bowl like he did the Rams? The Rams were smart enough to know that he's not the guy and stop wasting time on him. The Cowboys should not fall into the trap of wasting time on a lost cause if we see another year of failure.