Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Deshaun Watson has the 2nd highest passer rating of all time..

Happy?

And I don't just use passer rating .. I also look at offensive output and wins and losses..

Here's how Dak's performances have stacked up in his career..

2016 In the first 5 game stretch of passer rating over 100 the team went 5-0 while averaging 26 ppg
2016 in the second stretch the team went 5-0 while averaging 29 ppg
2018 in the stretch where Dak went over 100 passer rating in 4 out of 5 games the team went 5-0 and averaged 24.4
2019 in the 4 game stretch the team went 3-1 and averaged 32.25 ppg

So an overall record of 18-1 and a scoring average in the upper 20's during these stretches of exemplary play by the QB. But again.. pay no attention to all those stretches of great play. Those never happened according to some..

What the evidence DOES show is that side from that 6 game stretch when Zeke was suspended, Dak has NEVER had more than a three game stretch where he had a passer rating BELOW 100. In his career he has 49 games above 100.. and 18 games below 80. So he is almost 3 times as likely to have a great game than he is stinker. Then the other 19 starts are obviously between 80 and 100. THAT is what he is.. The fact of the matter is he has played really well in over 60% of his career starts. Which might explain why he has won over 60% of his career starts..
Do you believe Dak is better than Watson?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deshaun Watson has the 2nd highest passer rating of all time..

Happy?

And I don't just use passer rating .. I also look at offensive output and wins and losses..

Here's how Dak's performances have stacked up in his career..

2016 In the first 5 game stretch of passer rating over 100 the team went 5-0 while averaging 26 ppg
2016 in the second stretch the team went 5-0 while averaging 29 ppg
2018 in the stretch where Dak went over 100 passer rating in 4 out of 5 games the team went 5-0 and averaged 24.4
2019 in the 4 game stretch the team went 3-1 and averaged 32.25 ppg

So an overall record of 18-1 and a scoring average in the upper 20's during these stretches of exemplary play by the QB. But again.. pay no attention to all those stretches of great play. Those never happened according to some..

What the evidence DOES show is that side from that 6 game stretch when Zeke was suspended, Dak has NEVER had more than a three game stretch where he had a passer rating BELOW 100. In his career he has 49 games above 100.. and 18 games below 80. So he is almost 3 times as likely to have a great game than he is stinker. Then the other 19 starts are obviously between 80 and 100. THAT is what he is.. The fact of the matter is he has played really well in over 60% of his career starts. Which might explain why he has won over 60% of his career starts..

Most are against DOG teams with losing records.
giphy.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And he'll continue dropping as other new contracts take place. He could be 20th on that list & we'll still see our flock of little haters complaining he's making too much!:laugh:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Deshawn Watson has a 52.8 winning percentage even Stafford with only 47 winning percentage while Dak has a 62.4 which is higher than Romo 61.4. Dak is not what I would consider an elite QB but I do think he is good enough to help the Cowboys where they want to be.

Agreed. Dak has already shown himself to be better than any version of Eli Manning we ever saw and better than 2nd year Russell Wilson, better than Jared Goff, better than Nick Foles, better than 38 year old Peyton Manning and so on..back to Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.. which means he has already proven himself to be good enough to win. Simply put, he is not the issue.. The team around him is.. There is nothing he can do to overcome the other deficiencies on this team. At least not when facing teams that can a) run the ball and b) have a DC who can undress Kellen Moore (and Dak for that matter). Hopefully having Gallimore, Osa and Hill all healthy this season a) will get taken care of but frankly I don't know what we do about Kellen Moore's propensity for losing the chess match badly 5-6 times a year. It's not realistic to think he's going to win them all but damn.. Dak has stated many times that he considers Moore to be a "genius" so that tells me that he's not going to override him very much. And that scares me to death. At some point Dak needs to figure out that what Moore is sending in isn't going to work and change it. Period. It took Romo like 7-8 years to start doing that to Garrett. It was 2013 when you really started to see Romo orchestrating the offense and taking it to a higher level. If Dak doesn't get to that point with Moore he and the Cowboys are doomed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's the chance you have to take.

Are you okay with winning the division every few years and losing in the Wild Card round unless you get SUPER lucky or would you rather keep trying until you hit on that true franchise QB and then you're set for the next 12-13 years and you won't need everything to be perfect to compete?

I know which one I'm taking. You've got to take chances. The Cowboys took a chance when they traded Hershel Walker and look what happened. It could've not worked out, but it did. They took a chance when they hired Jimmy Johnson right out of college. The Cowboys are playing it too safe these days and have been since the 2000s.
no, I agree we have to take a chance. if you don't you won't never get the chance (no pun intended). I think that was Jerry's way of thinking (kind of), take a chance with Dak, but it was probably the wrong chance. so he has to do it again and for that we have to suck really bad to end up in top 5 and cross our fingers that we don't pick a tua.

but somehow, I don't think Jerry would ever do that...not at least for another 5-6 years....

the cowboys are playing to maximize profit. just think about it. he parlayed a 12-5 season, to raising ticket prices by about 18%. Dak, CD, Zeke are in top 20 in Jersey sales in NFL!!! that justified Jerry giving out the big contracts. he is getting return on investment. and which team in the league has parlayed this level of (low)performance to becoming the most valuable franchise in NFL and one of the most valuable in any sport.......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Say what you want...you are moving the goal post. The expectations SHOULD stay the same as the time the contract was given.

Are you really trying to make some important drastic distinction between top 2 and top 7? Just to argue on the internet and claim your victory?

Wow...shallow.

I'm not sure there were THAT many people that said he MUST produce in the top 2. Most of the people you are hoping to create arguments with were wishing for top 10.
say what you want. come up with all your excuses. the goal post was never moved. I asked a simple question, based on your/their logic.and it seems you got upset to be called out.

its a simple question really. based on your/their logic. now you got all twisted.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. Dak has already shown himself to be better than any version of Eli Manning we ever saw and better than 2nd year Russell Wilson, better than Jared Goff, better than Nick Foles, better than 38 year old Peyton Manning and so on..back to Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer.. which means he has already proven himself to be good enough to win. Simply put, he is not the issue.. The team around him is.. There is nothing he can do to overcome the other deficiencies on this team. At least not when facing teams that can a) run the ball and b) have a DC who can undress Kellen Moore (and Dak for that matter). Hopefully having Gallimore, Osa and Hill all healthy this season a) will get taken care of but frankly I don't know what we do about Kellen Moore's propensity for losing the chess match badly 5-6 times a year. It's not realistic to think he's going to win them all but damn.. Dak has stated many times that he considers Moore to be a "genius" so that tells me that he's not going to override him very much. And that scares me to death. At some point Dak needs to figure out that what Moore is sending in isn't going to work and change it. Period. It took Romo like 7-8 years to start doing that to Garrett. It was 2013 when you really started to see Romo orchestrating the offense and taking it to a higher level. If Dak doesn't get to that point with Moore he and the Cowboys are doomed.

RonnieT run and save us as our File Cabinets are on fire......what will we tell the haters now?????:muttley:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It's the Dak happy hour again here on the CZ.
Let me open a beer and put up some disco music!!!!

giphy.gif

the next time dak gets scared while being pressured or while the WRs are covered, can the refs call a time out so he can do this re tarded sissy crap?

this has to be the most embarrassing thing for every Cowboys fan everywhere. sheesh so embarrassing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I do, Watson is 28-25 as a QB, what has he done, to haul in 46 mill avg per year? Use the same fricken logic and stop being a hypocrite.
I asked, Ronnie.

Watson is 28-25 or the Texans with Watson at QB are 28-25?

Do you believe Dak is the sole reason the Dallas Cowboys have not had playoff success? Or are you going to be a hypocrite and attribute it to the entire team when it comes to the failures? Because you looooooove talking about our winning percentage with Dak. So, do you blame Dak solely for the loses also since you want to give him full credit for the success?