Prescott drops to 7th highest paid QB

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the logic is that if you’re paid at the top you should be one of the top performers. the hope is that you’ll be a top performer and advance in the playoffs no matter what you’re paid. so no, there’s no alignment for sub par pay and sub par play anywhere but at the negotiations table
yes, he should play and be one of the top performers. he needs to do better in playoffs and against better teams, specially in second half of the 2021 where his performance degraded a lot.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are being nice...Just call Dak Hater's Idiots and move along. ANY Dak Hater's logic if extrapolated reveals regression in brain cells.

Dak Hater's can never understand Leadership from people they never been around.....Eye Test
its not Dak haters....there are those who like Dak, there are those who don't and there are a few that are so illogical its comical. a few of those who are not Dak fans (I am being nice) actually put forth good arguments and can actually discuss the reasons and such....the lazy ones use his salary, not understanding how the cap works.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
David Carr is now the longest tenured QB in the AFC - 8 seasons.
And...he is the Raiders' all-time leader in attempts, completions, yardage, and touchdowns.
4,456 \ 2,896 ___ 31,700___ 193
Time flies.
Carr is a solid QB . One you can build around.

ESisback

Reaction score
You guys have done this. It's ya'lls fault.

I mean, there's pages on here of ya'll talking back and forth between each other about my opinion on things.

You guys have created a monster because ya'll care about every single thing I post.
All we did is comment on your nonstop complaints. Honestly, no one’s life is impacted by your rants beyond eye rolls, and your continuous delusions are either entertaining or just plain boring.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Did you see what the Raiders went through this season with Gruden, Ruggs, and so on? Dak struggles when things aren't perfect while Carr seems to thrive in it.

Basically blaming Gruden and Ruggs, however you are wrong saying Dak struggles and Carr thrives on it. Carr was not so perfect either.
I brought up Gruden and Ruggs to show that Carr still played well enough to both lead his team to the playoffs and get this big contract with those crazy distractions happening all around him.

How many QBs have ever had to deal with their star WR ruining his career right after their coach was fired for crazy emails in what seems like a league wide conspiracy? None. That's how many.

Carr thrived in a time when it would have been acceptable to buckle under everything.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Until he is somewhere around 15th he will be overpaid. As long as he is getting paid top 10 money without having top 10 talent he is a burden on this roster.

It won't be long before he drops down past 15. One more season, and he will be shuffled down to the level you are talking about.

It will be less than 24 months from his signing, and all the fans and pundits will not be talking about Dak like the first few days of his signing.

Prediction: In 24 months there will be a $60 Million/YR QB. In 48 months there will be a $75 M/YR QB. I hope everyone can see the pattern here.

Root cause: Take a look at this graphic. https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/

Prior to Jerry's latest price increase he wasn't even in the top 10 for seat pricing.

If you can't figure out where this is going I can't help you anymore.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
All we did is comment on your nonstop complaints. Honestly, no one’s life is impacted by your rants beyond eye rolls, and your continuous delusions are either entertaining or just plain boring.
You say that, but what ya'll show is much different.

Show me you don't care about what I post. Ignore me.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you think that having Dak and Zeke on this team on their current contracts did not influence Stephen and Jerry over the last few years (remember Dak was on the tag 2 years ago as well) then you don't know what you're talking about.
stephen and Jerry are all about profits. this cycle, they didn't sign anyone big. they are banking on a good draft. if the team does well (perhaps win division or wild card playoff), they will say that they knew all along and liked "their" guys. if we fail, then jerry will say he doesn't stand for this. cowboys fans deserve better. he will make one big name FA signing, to calm the masses, perhaps somehow make playoffs or win division again and raise ticket prices as he did this year. its a never ending cycle. its not about those contracts, its about what leads to better marketing, more sales and more profits. Those two are highest selling Jersey's for the team.

Nav22

Reaction score
Same guy who ASSURED us last year that Taylor Heinicke would light the Cowboys up and told us to “bet the house on Washington.”

Same guy who told us Carson Wentz was on Dak’s level.

He knows absolutely nothing about this sport and has likely never played football at any level.
:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Derek Carr just signed an extension worth 121.5 million for 3 years which will drop Dak down another spot to #7.

ChD9ogK.jpg
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-highest-paid-quarterbacks-2022-salary/u3fhtwvx88tkvklijimo2fzh#:~:text=Each of the NFL's top 10 quarterbacks in,making $50 million per season. NFL's highest-paid quarterbacks

Have the Dak turds ever been right about anything?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and being this is the last year on Lamar Jackson contract the Ravens will be faced with paying Jackson who will be looking at top money. Dak will be further down the ladder.
its the NFL. and the year after Burrows is coming up and the cycle continues.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't really give a crap where he is ranked in relation to the league......he is paid too much in Dallas for what he can bring to the offense. Overpaying for a QB who has an average arm and below average intelligence when it comes to reading defenses. Plus now he is less mobile. He ain't no rookie or spring chicken anymore, i think what we see is what we will continue to get.
I am with you. what is the alternative? please don't say rush or dalton. we have been there and we know it doesn't work

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a matter of time for him to not report to the team because he feels “undervalued”.
Get it while you can....any man that doesn't want to maximize his worth is or respect another man for doing it, is either jealous or just has low self esteem....at least in my eyes.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Same guy who ASSURED us last year that Taylor Heinicke would light the Cowboys up and told us to “bet the house on Washington.”

Same guy who told us Carson Wentz was on Dak’s level.

He knows absolutely nothing about this sport and has likely never played football at any level.
:laugh:

@ESisback , see what I mean?

Obsessed with me and my thoughts and opinions on everything.

I'm like the Dak Prescott of this forum and ya'll are haters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry is the greatest burden because he makes the bad decisions like giving Dak that contract.

Dak's contract makes him the biggest burden as a player because his talents are not in the same universe as his contract.
neither is Lawrence or Zeke. IMHO they are bigger burden's. two positions that are more easily filled than a QB