Prescott had a much better game than some are giving him credit for

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Not if used as a general statement. Answering for a friend.

"Says a guy that he and his fellow haters".....using he seems more specific than general....but alas I am confident you know the rules so continue with your general statements and I will advise my friend.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
:lmao2:

At all the ...worst defense in the league ...comments...always some goal post moving, heck you all do not even have goal posts anymore. Just make up anything to discredit Dak.
Well they did change up their defense, and it took a little while to get it figured out and make adjustments, plus Dak getting some rust knocked off.

Dak did say, he got a bit too aggressive with some of his throws. As the thumb felt really good. He won't make those again, will take what is there.
It happens.

Anyone see last nights game. After Zappe's 1st 2 passes, they kept trying them, until they didn't work. Then fumbled, threw picks. At least Dallas and Dak settle it all down in the 4th quarter.
But that makes too much sense for many of you.

Why is considering the quality of the opposition considered goal post moving?

It is what it is. The Lions have given up more points per game than any other team. They are 31st in rushing yards given up and 22nd in passing yards given up. I don't see how you could even evaluate a performance without considering the quality of the opposition. What am I missing?

Comparing Zappe, a rookie fourth round pick who was 4th on the depth chart, to a seven year veteran starter seems to better fit the goalpost moving criteria.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As usual Streetwise, you are completely missing the point and have gone straight into defensive mode. Have a good day, sir.
Because you can't. So stop lumping everyone together to troll.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What BS? That the cowboys are a better team if they don't ask Dak to do much? I think everyone in the world (except a few idiots that slobber over Dak 24/7) agrees, Run the ball, Play good D and Special Teams is the best formula for success for this team. Dak airing it out 40 times a game is exactly what this does not need. 25-30 passes a game, Run 40 plus times a game. That is how this team will have success.
It's like arguing with a brick wall though. If you post anything other than Dak is the greatest QB of all time, and any issues with the offense are everyone else's fault this poster throws a fit.

I swear even the most obnoxious Dak haters bash the guy more because of posters like this than they actually dislike Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is considering the quality of the opposition considered goal post moving?

It is what it is. The Lions have given up more points per game than any other team. They are 31st in rushing yards given up and 22nd in passing yards given up. I don't see how you could even evaluate a performance without considering the quality of the opposition. What am I missing?

Comparing Zappe, a rookie fourth round pick who was 4th on the depth chart, to a seven year veteran starter seems to better fit the goalpost moving criteria.

You know what I mean.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude you literally posted an article comparing Rush to Dak......Dak playing better than his backup isn't an argument that he is a flawless qb who shouldn't endure even an ounce of blame for an overall poor offensive day.

Your grasping now. I posted an article. Argue with the article of you want. The point is that Dak didnt play poorly he actually played well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
are you arguing that Dakis better than Cooper? If so, I agree.

His rating this past weekend means little. Detroit had the ball at the 1 (which was a TD, they should have been up ) wth 4 minutes left in the game and should have taken a 13-10 lead. Let that sink in.

If Dak is going to have these 100 plus rating games, Id expect us to have 24 plus points against a bottom defense.

Yes, Brown had a goal line fumble... but teams in the league have similar stuff happen EVERY WEEK. The sorry bears had 33 last night against the vaunted Patriots who have the greatest mind in the history of the NFL coaching them.
The brady roy is bagging on right now had a long dime dropped early in the game. Not sure i see dak even attempt that....let alone drop it in.

Yes brady is struggling....the team is struggling. How very convenient to cherry pick it to prop dak.

And yes....dak had a decent game coming back from injury. Gonna have to ramp it up next 3. 4 weeks to make our run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My apologies, you are correct. You used passer rating to show Dak played well instead of QBR, which Dak had a QBR of 55.0 for the game (with the AVERAGE performance being 50.0).

Again, my apologies and move forward with your agenda.

I used nothing. I posted an article. The article used it. The article compared Dak to Rush.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
*** are you talking about they should have had a 13-10 lead? Dallas should have had a 14-6 lead going into half if you want to play what if. They should have gone for it on 4th and 1 at the Detroit 3 and Noah Brown shouldn't have fumbled at the goal line. Furthermore, 2 of the 5 turnovers came in garbage time and in no way influenced the game.

I've soured on Dak in many ways but those of you pushing the narrative that he was on par with Rush against Detroit are just trying to fit your narratives and aren't being objective. Dak made 3 bad throws in the first half (first overthrow to Brown, then the two into double coverage). That's it. Other than that, the offenses bad showing was due to some lapses in o-line play and most of all terrible third down play calling by Kellen. It's just truly baffling the number (well, it's like 10 adamant posters but still) of posters who try to make mountains out of molehills to suit their narrative. Blast Dak when he loses a game because of his own dumb mistakes, or when he falls on his face like he did against SF. Not when he wins his first game after injury against a hungry team coming off a bye who went toe to toe with the Eagles and Vikings.

This... dont beg for a ball control offense then get pissed when we win 24-6 using it and the defense we all agree is the center piece of this team. Dak is better than Rush at throwing and running there is no argument here, saying "Dak did not outshine Rush by enough" in a ball control offense that we all said we want is just ridiculous.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The brady roy is bagging on right now had a long dime dropped early in the game. Not sure i see dak even attempt that....let alone drop it in.

Yes brady is struggling....the team is struggling. How very convenient to cherry pick it to prop dak.

And yes....dak had a decent game coming back from injury. Gonna have to ramp it up next 3. 4 weeks to make our run.
Dak attempted it right into triple coverage and it was dropped by the defensive guy.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not high on Zeke right now...You know this.

But I do find it weird that someone hates on the actually bus but praises the driver.
Thats fine. I respect your opinion. We will need zeke healthy and in top form later this season if we're gonna make a run. He seems to be heading that way.

tony too.

All i ask is consistent ruler.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak did not play well nor did he play bad. Just average.
What he did was something Rush could've done, except Rush makes 1% of Dak's Salary.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Thats fine. I respect your opinion. We will need zeke healthy and in top form later this season if we're gonna make a run. He seems to be heading that way.

otony too.
The way we're playing right now with the run game is the only way we're going to actually win anything.

The problem is that we could be playing this exact way (It's been proven) with a QB that isn't being paid like a top 10 QB.