Prescott had a much better game than some are giving him credit for

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The way we're playing right now with the run game is the only way we're going to actually win anything.

The problem is that we could be playing this exact way (It's been proven) with a QB that isn't being paid like a top 10 QB.

So show me how you can change that this year, again the ink is dry, do you want to play the best QB on the roster or not?

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We had 10 points through 3 quarters against the worst defense in the NFL.

We forced 5 turnovers and still scored 10 points under what the Lions were allowing PPG wise this season.

We averaged 21 PPG with Rush. We're averaging 13.5 PPG with Dak.

Dak, in 7 1/2 quarters has 1 TD.

The Cowboys are not getting their money's worth as of right now today and even the Dak homers should expect better than this.
We also had a great punt return by Turpin into Lions territory and ended up punting I believe....I like Dak but as a QB he really needs to show me this year that he can lead a team to playoff victories, especially with this type of defense, he has too or Jerry really needs to start thinking about moving on from him....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We also had a great punt return by Turpin into Lions territory and ended up punting I believe....I like Dak but as a QB he really needs to show me this year that he can lead a team to playoff victories, especially with this type of defense, he has too or Jerry really needs to start thinking about moving on from him....

For sure, we have enough to go deep, no doubt there are a few more complete teams but this team should not lose becaue of the QB play.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And Moore ended up with some stupid play calls on that drive.
Still should have came away with at least 3 points.
No one executed very well on that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I used nothing. I posted an article. The article used it. The article compared Dak to Rush.

You posted nothing and you didn't compare Dak to Rush?

"Prescott had a 100.8 passer rating. The score bumped his rating to 113.2.

113.2 is the best passer rating by a Cowboys QB all season.

Rush’s season high was 107.5 in the Week 4 win over Washington. It was his only rating above 100 the entire season."

That is what you posted.....why lie about what you posted? Interesting when you claim others lie.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
We had 10 points through 3 quarters against the worst defense in the NFL.

We forced 5 turnovers and still scored 10 points under what the Lions were allowing PPG wise this season.

We averaged 21 PPG with Rush. We're averaging 13.5 PPG with Dak.

Dak, in 7 1/2 quarters has 1 TD.

The Cowboys are not getting their money's worth as of right now today and even the Dak homers should expect better than this.

this is what many have to understand, this is the reality of Dak, many only live utopian realities, they live a blind love. someone is being paid millions for something that Rush can do, against the worst defense in the league, Dak was simply Dak, no dominance, no shine, I just play and win and that's it, Rush could have done that, understand, Dak is not the solution for this team nor the one that can take the team to the SB.
if the team gets to the SB it's going to be because of the defense not because of the QB.

I think this post is going to be deleted, because Dak is being talked about badly, LOL

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He drove the bus in this game definitely. Its all they asked him to do.
Whatever my man. In this thread you made a claim that Dak played well, and when presented with different opinions you've thrown out insults, and blamed others for the offensive shortcomings.

You've talked up Dak as the top scoring QB, but change the narrative when needed saying he just needed to drive the bus.

You've talked about how Dak is better than Rush, but then justify similar results.

You've posted content just to deny that you ever posted it or that you agree with said content.

It seems pretty clear that you are more of a Dak Prescott fan than a Dallas Cowboy fan, and that's fine. If that makes you happy more power to you, but it makes it extremely difficult to have respect for your opinion on the subject. I love to discuss the pros and cons of Dak Prescott, but that can't be done with someone who can only see things from one side.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
He also had a worse game than some would have you to believe. Easily could have had 3 or 4 interceptions and it took a herculean effort by the defense to hold a top offense to 6 points.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
*** are you talking about they should have had a 13-10 lead? Dallas should have had a 14-6 lead going into half if you want to play what if. They should have gone for it on 4th and 1 at the Detroit 3 and Noah Brown shouldn't have fumbled at the goal line. Furthermore, 2 of the 5 turnovers came in garbage time and in no way influenced the game.

I've soured on Dak in many ways but those of you pushing the narrative that he was on par with Rush against Detroit are just trying to fit your narratives and aren't being objective. Dak made 3 bad throws in the first half (first overthrow to Brown, then the two into double coverage). That's it. Other than that, the offenses bad showing was due to some lapses in o-line play and most of all terrible third down play calling by Kellen. It's just truly baffling the number (well, it's like 10 adamant posters but still) of posters who try to make mountains out of molehills to suit their narrative. Blast Dak when he loses a game because of his own dumb mistakes, or when he falls on his face like he did against SF. Not when he wins his first game after injury against a hungry team coming off a bye who went toe to toe with the Eagles and Vikings.

Nah... they actually HAD a td and a very blind official called it out on the 1, and for some incredible dumb reason the Lions didnt challenge it and we were giftwrapped the bal after that at the 10inch line. We were DAMN LUCKY. In any event, that game could have gone either way until the final 3 minutes. I have no agenda. I hope like Hell Dak plays like he did in the first 7 games last year, where he was a favorite to win MVP.

But he could and didnt come close to that pace the rest f the way.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Nah... they actually HAD a td and a very blind official called it out on the 1, and for some incredible dumb reason the Lions didnt challenge it and we were giftwrapped the bal after that at the 10inch line. We were DAMN LUCKY. In any event, that game could have gone either way until the final 3 minutes. I have no agenda. I hope like Hell Dak plays like he did in the first 7 games last year, where he was a favorite to win MVP.

But he could and didnt come close to that pace the rest f the way.

Nah his knee was down short. They showed in later.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't. That's why I asked, "what am I missing? "

You seemed to be mocking those pointing out the state of the Lion's defense, complete with a laughing emo.

What am I missing?

Well then I don’t know what to say. I thought I was clear.
Wasn’t not mocking anyone, was just stating facts / opinion.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
10 points through 3 3/4 quarters. The defense giftwrapped us 5 turnovers and as you said, we could not even blow out the lions. That final score is VERY misleading since they should have had a 13-10 lead with 4 minutes left.

The fumble you are referring to (at the one) happened with 12:21 left not 4 minutes. But that doesn't change the point that much.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Well then I don’t know what to say. I thought I was clear.
Wasn’t not mocking anyone, was just stating facts / opinion.
Can you tell me what I'm missing? I really do want to understand.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak had a Rush like performance which was all we needed. I was pleased with his first game back.

He did make a couple iffy throws into coverage that was lucky weren’t picked off.

I thought the first half we tried to throw the ball too much. But in second half we went back to the running game which did well and our offense begun settling down and Dak was more effective.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had a Rush like performance which was all we needed. I was pleased with his first game back.

He did make a couple iffy throws into coverage that was lucky weren’t picked off.

I thought the first half we tried to throw the ball too much. But in second half we went back to the running game which did well and our offense begun settling down and Dak was more effective.

Dak said in his post game PC. His thumb was feeling great. And he got too aggressive on some throws.
Then in the 2nd half as things settled down, he was less aggressive.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You like nail biters late into the game against weak opponents and offensive inconsistency like Rush? LOL

Nah, Ill take more of a Dak featured offense where Dak is leading the #1 scoring offense in football.

Why would you hide the QB with the #1 scoring average in the NFL since 2020? Maybe because you are a sad troll that cant handle Dak making you look silly? Sounds about right.

lol.... I was at the Lions game Sunday.... did I miss something or was it 10-6 with 4 minutes left and the Lions have the ball. Thats not a nail biter?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan