Prescott had a much better game than some are giving him credit for

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak had a Rush like performance which was all we needed. I was pleased with his first game back.

He did make a couple iffy throws into coverage that was lucky weren’t picked off.

I thought the first half we tried to throw the ball too much. But in second half we went back to the running game which did well and our offense begun settling down and Dak was more effective.

This...and KM seemed to get better also again the change to running out of set formation with motion and making the defense cover multiple options sparked our short yardage offense, lets hope this continues.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak said in his post game PC. His thumb was feeling great. And he got too aggressive on some throws.
Then in the 2nd half as things settled down, he was less aggressive.

he was agressive ? I saw an incredible dumb throw that was thrown into 3 defenders. I didnt see much aggressiveness. id you happen to see the 1 time Turpin lined up in the slot?

I saw the 1 nice fairly deep throw to lamb where lamb made a great catch and got pounded. Besides that, I saw a whole lot of targets to TEs within 6-8 yards from the LOS.

If Im not mistaken, the TEs and RBs had more targets than WRs. IM ok with that to a point. I just dont see that working against the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and even the Eagles and possibly Niners moving forward.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Meh Dak was fine. the offense overall was underwhelming until the defense completely took over the game. A quality offense would have scored 40 points easy and the game would never have been in doubt.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
bs, they did show it, and that ball crossed the line.... but whatever. Canges little in the discussion.

No they showed it and even had a still shot of the ball, it was not aTD it was however closer than where they spotted the ball.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We can do what you described with a much more cap friendly QB.
Yea just like at RB and we could argue TE as well. But those aren’t our call.

We let go of a WR and OL we were over paying. Can’t get rid of everyone and expect to stay relative and interesting which by our owner own words is the priority.

And Im sure fans are criticizing the same over paid Qb’s in Arizona, Cleveland , Denver and Las Vegas for example . Over paid average to above average QB’s is part of the NFL.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
he was agressive ? I saw an incredible dumb throw that was thrown into 3 defenders. I didnt see much aggressiveness. id you happen to see the 1 time Turpin lined up in the slot?

I saw the 1 nice fairly deep throw to lamb where lamb made a great catch and got pounded. Besides that, I saw a whole lot of targets to TEs within 6-8 yards from the LOS.

If Im not mistaken, the TEs and RBs had more targets than WRs. IM ok with that to a point. I just dont see that working against the Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and even the Eagles and possibly Niners moving forward.

Thats how it works in a ball control offense, your chunk plays will come from PA, again if you were one of the folks calling for ball control...this is it. it can and will get more effecient as Dak and KM get back in sync...I do not want to to see air raid football again, this defense can win games come january...ball control and let them do thier thing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I am just posting what he said.
Don’t shoot the messenger. :laugh:
I thought some were dumb decisions as well. It happens. Rush made them in the Eagles game.

You know the drill. They all say…we need to get better….
I seen Mahomes after his game against SF….you know what one of his first lines was…we need to get better and learn from our mistakes…sound familiar?

ok, Mahomes doesn’t need to learn much…but they all say that…

vig454

Reaction score
yea... you understand it all, and the rest of us that think Dak had a VERY avg game against the Lions, we dont know anything.

Give me your great analysis on all the games this weekend, maybe I can make some money.
He's what you call an armchair guru.:lmao:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yea just like at RB and we could argue TE as well. But those aren’t our call.

We let go of a WR and OL we were over paying. Can’t get rid of everyone and expect to stay relative and interesting which by our owner own words is the priority.

And Im sure fans are criticizing the same over paid Qb’s in Arizona, Cleveland , Denver and Las Vegas for example . Over paid average to above average QB’s is part of the NFL.

I already asked them how that could change this year..again the cap is set, you either want to play the best QB on the roster or you dont....they couldnt cange that right now even if they wanted to.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am just posting what he said.
Don’t shoot the messenger. :laugh:
I thought some were dumb decisions as well. It happens. Rush made them in the Eagles game.

You know the drill. They all say…we need to get better….
I seen Mahomes after his game against SF….you know what one of his first lines was…we need to get better and learn from our mistakes…sound familiar?

ok, Mahomes doesn’t need to learn much…but they all say that…

Yeah... Mahomes put up 400 plus yards and 3 tds or so.... 44 points. Not gonna get much better, but I get that they all say it. But when Dak says it... hes not blowing smoke like Mahomes....lol

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Those QB challenged fans should learn another valuable lesson from the great Tom Brady is doing this year. He has having one of his worst seasons ever. ONLY reason thats happening is the quality of his Oline. Even the great Tom Brady cant do much behind a bad Oline. No run game, not play action, lost of pressure.

Another "Oline matters" message for the education needy trolls to learn from.

Nah the only reason he is having a bad season is his wife Giselle. He is worried that she is going to take him to the cleaners in his divorce settlement.:lmao2:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nah the only reason he is having a bad season is his wife Giselle. He is worried that she is going to take him to the cleaners in his divorce settlement.:lmao2:

I mean she makes more and i think its by alot...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wealthy people with their own money have prenup agreements.

And she has more money than him anyway. Their breakup isn’t about money.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Prior to his final pass, the touchdown to rookie TE Peyton Hendershot, Prescott had a 100.8 passer rating. The score bumped his rating to 113.2.

113.2 is the best passer rating by a Cowboys QB all season.

Rush’s season high was 107.5 in the Week 4 win over Washington. It was his only rating above 100 the entire season.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-prescott-advanced-stats-week-7/

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that he could have played better early on. He missed a couple of passes that we needed him to hit and he threw a couple into traffic that could have been interceptions. His second half was solid, so hopefully, that's a good sign of where he's headed. Would be nice to get back to this offense putting together long drives and scoring to put pressure on other offenses against this D. We don't need the offense to be a scoring machine, but a little more balance would be good instead of needing five second-half turnovers to score TDs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that he could have played better early on. He missed a couple of passes that we needed him to hit and he threw a couple into traffic that could have been interceptions. His second half was solid, so hopefully, that's a good sign of where he's headed. Would be nice to get back to this offense putting together long drives and scoring to put pressure on other offenses against this D. We don't need the offense to be a scoring machine, but a little more balance would be good instead of needing five second-half turnovers to score TDs.

yes..this, if we clean up our 3rd and shorts (Which we did in the 2nd) throughout the game this thing can look really good.