Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
These media talking heads are ridiculous. They want us to sign him, so we'll be mired in mediocrity for the next 4-5 years.

Who cares if dak has leverage. I want playoff wins.

If he goes on a deep playoff run pay him, if he's bad again, and folds in another big game. Time to move on.

erod

Reaction score
Yes, and let’s see you prove me wrong. :thumbup: Brady was 7-0 against the Cowboys until that playoff game. That was the Cowboys first playoff win on the road in almost 30 years.
Yep, all we had to do was wait for Brady to turn 57 years old.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, and let’s see you prove me wrong. :thumbup: Brady was 7-0 against the Cowboys until that playoff game. That was the Cowboys first playoff win on the road in almost 30 years.
That Tampa team was terrible and shouldn’t have been in the playoffs. Any team would have beat them in the first round.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
"No, I'm not trying to be the highest paid necessarily," Prescott said, via ESPN's Todd Archer, when asked if he wanted to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. "We'll wait until the negotiations begin and obviously want to put this team in the best situation."
I think this is the bigger point in this entire statement. I don’t necessarily think he has all this leverage that’s being alluded to. If they haven’t even started negotiating that would take all the leverage out of his hands as they’re intent on allowing him to play out the year.

Not singling you out. I’m just replying my thoughts on the quote you provided.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep, all we had to do was wait for Brady to turn 57 years old.
He won a SB 2 years earlier. lol He put up almost 4700 yards passing his last season. He had 350 yards against us with 2 TDs in that playoff game.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And it requires one of them to give him what he wants.

The one asking the rich man for money is not the one with the leverage.

The town drunk begging people for money doesn't have leverage over them.

I guess common sense isn't so common.
If the Cowboys were the only team Dak Prescott could play for Jerry Jones would have all the leverage. Right now the Cowboys are the only team Dak may play for and he’ll be paid $29 million if he’s on the roster all 17 games this season. Jerry has all the leverage about where Dak plays this season. If Dak plays out his current contract or is cut Jerry will have no leverage over where Dak plays and Dak can sign the offer he likes the most. Jerry can regain the leverage he has now for subsequent seasons by offering Dak the deal he likes the most. It’s really that simple. I guess some people are more simple.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I used to talk football, but got called out for just being a HS coach by some fools that probably never even played. So, thus is what I do now.

Coach, come on who cares. It’s a lame comeback that people use to sound smart. When they start pumping their football “knowledge” and then turn into Al Bundy you just know the eye roll is coming.

You’re a knowledgeable guy and I for one would’ve love to play under you! So come back and drop the knowledge. Some of us appreciate it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That Tampa team was terrible and shouldn’t have been in the playoffs. Any team would have beat them in the first round.
The Packers team we got destroyed by last season in the playoffs only won one more game than that Tampa team. Regular season records don’t mean crap in the playoffs especially when you’re playing on the road. We couldn’t even beat a bad Washington team with a rookie QB on the road in 2022. We lost last season on the road to a bad AZ team led by Joshua Dobbs. Funny how some of you keep trashing that win over Tampa in the playoffs all because you hate Dak.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys were the only team Dak Prescott could play for Jerry Jones would have all the leverage. Right now the Cowboys are the only team Dak may play for and he’ll be paid $29 million if he’s on the roster all 17 games this season. Jerry has all the leverage about where Dak plays this season. If Dak plays out his current contract or is cut Jerry will have no leverage over where Dak plays and Dak can sign the offer he likes the most. Jerry can regain the leverage he has now for subsequent seasons by offering Dak the deal he likes the most. It’s really that simple. I guess some people are more simple.
The Cowboys don't want Dak.

If they wanted him they would have extended him already.

It's over. Accept it. Move on.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This is silly. QBs don’t play each other. The QB plays against the defense of the other team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is silly. QBs don’t play each other. The QB plays against the defense of the other team.
What’s silly? Brady was 7-0 against us. That stat came up many times before we faced him in the playoffs in 2022. Don’t think you comprehended my post. This wasn’t Brady versus Dak, it was Brady versus the Cowboys.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What’s silly? Brady was 7-0 against us. That stat came up many times before we faced him in the playoffs in 2022. Don’t think you comprehended my post. This wasn’t Brady versus Dak, it was Brady versus the Cowboys.
Dude, you’re the one who said: “Dak beat the greatest QB to ever play the game in the playoffs on the road.”

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
And it requires one of them to give him what he wants.

The one asking the rich man for money is not the one with the leverage.

The town drunk begging people for money doesn't have leverage over them.

I guess common sense isn't so common.
Especially after the one asking for money went out and crapped the bed in the playoffs again.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dude, you’re the one who said: “Dak beat the greatest QB to ever play the game in the playoffs on the road.”
He did! Don’t know where you’ve been, but they compare QB’s head to head all the time. They had a segment on one of the networks comparing Brady and Peyton Manning head to head. When Mahomes faced Brady in the Super Bowl, you would have thought it was a heavyweight fight between them. It was Mahomes versus Brady. It’s almost like some of you never watch football. :rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You just don't seem to get it. The only reason you're reading this response is because you just have to argue. All fine and good. There are a lot of people here who like to argue. It's literally the lifeblood of the forum. The only reason you and I are arguing right here is because you very hypocritically called someone out for arguing and I just couldn't let it go (my bad) simply because you are as guilty as anyone. You are always ragging on posters in ways that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Did I say always? I meant ALWAYS. lol

I didn't say you couldn't do it. That's actually a very interesting comment and possibly opens a window to the difference between you and I. I have no illusions that I have either the power or authority to modify anyone's behavior here, while you spend 90% of your time trying to modify peoples behavior here.

Come on bud. You're a smart guy. I'm sure if you just thought about the irony of me being able to use the exact words against you, twice, that you just used against another. and then noticed how you chose to react..... well... you just might start to see what's being said.

You just might be that which you seem to hate.

I've always wondered why you contribute next to nothing football related. I think I heard somewhere you used to coach?
Now this is funny as dude, that’s all you do here. You crap on every positive post about Dak, or really anything positive about the Cowboys trying to influence their behavior, so who the hell do you think you are kidding?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think this is the bigger point in this entire statement. I don’t necessarily think he has all this leverage that’s being alluded to. If they haven’t even started negotiating that would take all the leverage out of his hands as they’re intent on allowing him to play out the year.

Not singling you out. I’m just replying my thoughts on the quote you provided.
That post had nothing to do about leverage. :huh: