Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

Chasing6

Reaction score
Their performance is measured against the opposing QB so yes they do and I’m not about to waste much time trying to convince you of it.
Are we talking about QB Ratings?

stiletto

Reaction score
You must be sitting in the front office meetings with Jerry and Dak lol

Yall guess and make up utter lies so much, that yall actually believe that they're true.
I don't think it is a lie to say that there has been 0 negotiations. Everyone has said that even Jerry himself.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Yall guess and make up utter lies so much, that yall actually believe that they're true.
Nah, I can just read Quotes.

"No, I'm not trying to be the highest paid necessarily," Prescott said, via ESPN's Todd Archer, when asked if he wanted to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. "We'll wait until the negotiations begin and obviously want to put this team in the best situation."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are we talking about QB Ratings?
We’re talking about statistically and their overall performance. When Brady and Mahomes faced each other in the Super Bowl their performances were stacked against each other. We see it all the time in the tale of the tape between the two QBs. This has been going on ever since I started following the NFL in the early 70s.

Chasing6

Reaction score

"No, I'm not trying to be the highest paid necessarily," Prescott said, via ESPN's Todd Archer, when asked if he wanted to be the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL. "We'll wait until the negotiations begin and obviously want to put this team in the best situation."
GM Jethro wants an excuse to not extend CD this year.

By dragging out Dak, he drags out CD. GM Jethro is simply using Dak as an excuse to not extend CD.

Next year he will drag out CD to avoid extending Micha for another year.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

By dragging out Dak, he drags out CD. GM Jethro is simply using Dak as an excuse to not extend CD.

I don’t disagree with you. I’d also go as far as saying they might take calls from other teams inquiring about the availability of some of the players whose contracts are coming due. He seems pretty content on keeping things as they are for this year.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

This was 2 months ago.

Come on man, you gotta be going off news more recent than that. Especially when it comes to negotiating NFL contracts.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Sorry, Rocky using your post again for a point I’m trying to make nothing to do with your convo with the poster you’re replying to.

All these stories don’t look like a typical PR leak from an agent? I posted Dak’s confirmation that no negotiations have begun. I stated it looks like a PR push to get a deal done. I don’t need to make up “lies” about anything. You went full attack mode calling me a liar which I don’t appreciate, my guy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you. I’d also go as far as saying they might take calls from other teams inquiring about the availability of some of the players whose contracts are coming due. He seems pretty content on keeping things as they are for this year.
Dak does not seem concerned. So he is either in on the plan or he is 100% open to being a FA.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Sorry, Rocky using your post again for a point I’m trying to make nothing to do with your convo with the poster you’re replying to.

All these stories don’t look like a typical PR leak from an agent? I posted Dak’s confirmation that no negotiations have begun. I stated it looks like a PR push to get a deal done. I don’t need to make up “lies” about anything. You went full attack mode calling me a liar which I don’t appreciate, my guy.
That just looks like media doing what the media always does when it comes to Dak/Cowboys... finding an angle and talking about it to death for views. There's no real news about negotiations and hasnt been in two months.

I thought you based your PR/ negotiations stories off something solid and not news that was two months old... my bad.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
How can you have leverage when the other side really hasn’t shown any interest in getting a deal done? Wouldn’t that negate someone’s leverage?

Sounds like some agent(s) are running PR to get a deal done.
His “leverage” is in getting big compensation to play in the NFL. He doesn’t have leverage over any specific team. He’s going to be paid quite a lot of money to play in the NFL in 2025 and subsequent years. And he gets to select the deal he likes the most. The team that signs him does not have to give up any players or draft picks to the Cowboys to acquire him. That’s the best situation to be in if you’re a professional football player. But it’s true, Dak is only going to be paid what one the NFL’s ownership groups says he’s going to get paid. It’s the one that offers him the deal he likes the most. Some free agents don’t get any offers and their careers are over. That probably won’t be the case for Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How can you have leverage when the other side really hasn’t shown any interest in getting a deal done? Wouldn’t that negate someone’s leverage?

Sounds like some agent(s) are running PR to get a deal done.
No not really. Dallas has zero leverage.

Dak will have a team no matter what.

GM Jethro will have an athlete impersonating a QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The millionaire asking the billionaire for money has no leverage.
Unless there are 31 other billionaires he can ask for money.

There is a saying in the investments world, "The value of an asset is soley determined by what somebody is willing to pay for that asset".

That is why unrestricted free agents, in literally every sports league in existence, get bigger contracts than restricted free agents, assuming similar talent of course.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
There are 31 other ownership groups in the NFL “with the power and money to pay for“ his services.
Exactly..............its like people dont understand the concept of free agency:huh:

Free agents have more leverage in contract negotiations than players that are not free agents...................not exactly rocket science.

Anybody above the age 10 understands this.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And it requires one of them to give him what he wants.

The one asking the rich man for money is not the one with the leverage.

The town drunk begging people for money doesn't have leverage over them.

I guess common sense isn't so common.
What happens when one rich man starts bidding against another rich man?

Price goes up.

Common sense.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

So if he's not going to pay CeeDee, what's the point in keeping Dak, all we do is go back to the Receiver by Committee and Dak will struggle. See the main concern about Dak, which his Fans dont factor in is that that it's not the money he gets, it's the ability to have enough to spend on others.....BECAUSE HE'S NOT A QB THAT CAN DO IT ON HIS OWN......HE NEEDS WEAPONS.

That's why I say Dak has to 'give' something, probably by conceding to a longer contract (for restructuring purposes).