Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That post had nothing to do about leverage. :huh:
See my response below my comment. I know that. I used your reply since you posted the quote and that was what I was saying. It was my thoughts on the quote you provided not the conversation you were having with another poster. Sorry for the confusion.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Packers team we got destroyed by last season in the playoffs only won one more game than that Tampa team. Regular season records don’t mean crap in the playoffs especially when you’re playing on the road. We couldn’t even beat a bad Washington team with a rookie QB on the road in 2022. We lost last season on the road to a bad AZ team led by Joshua Dobbs. Funny how some of you keep trashing that win over Tampa in the playoffs all because you hate Dak.
I don’t hate Dak, just think it’s time to move on. He can’t produce when it matters most.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You mean he provides an objective counterweight to your fawning worship of Dak? Yea I don't see a problem with that.
NFL MVP Runner-Up, All Pro and led the league or top 5 in multiple categories.

IMG-0493.webp

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
NFL MVP Runner-Up, All Pro and led the league or top 5 in multiple categories.

IMG-0493.webp
NFL MVP Runner-up: No such award exists
All Pro - The pro-bowl is largely a joke
Top 5 - thanks to playing in a division where he gets to play terrible teams

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, I wish he’d play better 1tech. He really needs to work on that.
Those two aren’t mutually exclusive along with other position weaknesses. Pay Dak around 60 million and more positions will weaken. I’m fine with him if he were to sign around 45 million or so but he isn’t worth an insane amount.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He did! Don’t know where you’ve been, but they compare QB’s head to head all the time. They had a segment on one of the networks comparing Brady and Peyton Manning head to head. When Mahomes faced Brady in the Super Bowl, you would have thought it was a heavyweight fight between them. It was Mahomes versus Brady. It’s almost like some of you never watch football. :rolleyes:
LOL. Way to deflect.

Comparing QBs doesn’t mean they play each other like you suggested. Just because a bunch of dumb commentators say dumb things doesn’t mean you have to listen to them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The window to win was during this last contract that they blew by waiting and trying to get him cheaper.

They chose to not add the necessary players to win then so as to not have cap problems later on, yet they have cap problems. Nice job.

Prescott will have anywhere from 6-10 suitors after this season, even if he misses most of it per injury. 60 per might be low.

I really hope Jerry and kid have decided to move on….not because I think it’s the right idea, but because they are blowing this big time if that’s not the plan.

If they think Trey Lance is the answer…wow

As far as I’m concerned they fully deserve to be exposed and fall flat on their faces, so let the chips fall where they may.
GM Jethro deserves everything that happens to the cowboys. We are definitely in the Al Davis era of his career.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
NFL MVP Runner-up: No such award exists
All Pro - The pro-bowl is largely a joke
Top 5 - thanks to playing in a division where he gets to play terrible teams
Well, we all know your football acumen now.

All-Pro is an honor bestowed upon professional American football players that designates the best player at each position during a given season.

The Pro Bowl is an All Star game. All-Pro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pro Bowl. :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Those two aren’t mutually exclusive along with other position weaknesses. Pay Dak around 60 million and more positions will weaken. I’m fine with him if he were to sign around 45 million or so but he isn’t worth an insane amount.
You have no clue what he will sign for and how it will affect the salary cap going forward. Look how much it increased Last year.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well, we all know your football acumen now.

All-Pro is an honor bestowed upon professional American football players that designates the best player at each position during a given season.

The Pro Bowl is an All Star game. All-Pro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pro Bowl. :lmao:
The All Pro is a legitimate award; about the last one left really
but the insulting attempt to make the one single vote in the MVP award look like something important is truly a joke

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL. Way to deflect.

Comparing QBs doesn’t mean they play each other like you suggested. Just because a bunch of dumb commentators say dumb things doesn’t mean you have to listen to them.
They play against each other and anytime a couple of real good or great QBs face each other their battles will be analyzed. I’ll never forget the hype when Joe Montana and Dan Marino faced each other in the Super Bowl. The QB is the only position in football that has a W/L record because they influence the outcome of games more than any other position. By the way, some of those commentators you’re referring to as dumb were Pat Summerall and John Madden, who made big deals about great QBs facing each other in big games. The fact that Eli Manning beat Tom Brady in two Super Bowls is going to get him in the Hall of Fame. Had Eli beat a much lesser QB in those SBs I’m not sure he gets in. A QB’s performance always gets compared to the QB they’re facing especially in big games.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't want Dak.

If they wanted him they would have extended him already.

It's over. Accept it. Move on.
You're just telling everyone you're terrible at negotiating, and jump on every first offer you get.

Jags just paid Lawrence a couple days ago. GB paid Love a week ago. I guess those teams didnt want them...

Even if Dak decides to test free agency, that doesnt mean Dallas didnt want him... but I bet you will try your hardest best to spin it that way your gulible mutuals.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They play against each other and anytime a couple of real good or great QBs face each other their battles will be analyzed. The QB is the only position in football that has a W/L record because they influence the outcome of games more than any other position. By the way, some of those commentators you’re referring to aa dumb were Pat Summerall and John Madden, who made big deals about great QBs facing each other in big games. The fact that Eli Manning beat Tom Brady in two Super Bowls is going to get him in the Hall of Fame. Had Eli beat a much lesser QB in those SBs I’m not sure he gets in.
QB's don't face each other.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
QB's don't face each other.
Their performance is measured against the opposing QB so yes they do and I’m not about to waste much time trying to convince you of it.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
How can you have leverage when the other side really hasn’t shown any interest in getting a deal done? Wouldn’t that negate someone’s leverage?

Sounds like some agent(s) are running PR to get a deal done.
You must be sitting in the front office meetings with Jerry and Dak lol

Yall guess and make up utter lies so much, that yall actually believe that they're true.