Prescott has all the leverage to ask for at least $60M per year

Chasing6

Reaction score
So if he's not going to pay CeeDee, what's the point in keeping Dak, all we do is go back to the Receiver by Committee and Dak will struggle. See the main concern about Dak, which his Fans dont factor in is that that it's not the money he gets, it's the ability to have enough to spend on others.....BECAUSE HE'S NOT A QB THAT CAN DO IT ON HIS OWN......HE NEEDS WEAPONS.

That's why I say Dak has to 'give' something, probably by conceding to a longer contract (for restructuring purposes).
He has no options but to pay Dak or he is gone.

CD and Micah are still both prisoners at this point.

CD and Micah both care too much about their stats. Do you think they will mis games holding out???

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So if he's not going to pay CeeDee, what's the point in keeping Dak, all we do is go back to the Receiver by Committee and Dak will struggle. See the main concern about Dak, which his Fans dont factor in is that that it's not the money he gets, it's the ability to have enough to spend on others.....BECAUSE HE'S NOT A QB THAT CAN DO IT ON HIS OWN......HE NEEDS WEAPONS.

That's why I say Dak has to 'give' something, probably by conceding to a longer contract (for restructuring purposes).
Thats a good point, hopefully both sides can give a little and maybe the team pays a little more than they really want to and Dak takes a contract a little longer than he wants to.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I never said he was not going to pay CD. He has no reason to at this point. He is under contract and he can be tagged next year. GM Jethro has zero interest in signing him this year.

If CD wants to break the bank and be the highest paid then just tag him, it will be cheaper.

Did they tag Dak? Do you see the pattern?

plasticman

Reaction score
Dak has all the leverage....today.

After the preseason games where Trey Lance gets significant snaps, Dak's contract status will change.

Either Dak will have more than all the leverage he needs or he could see that leverage go up in a puff of smoke. If I had to bet, I would say that Dak is in an envious situation, much like Emmitt Smith was back in 1993.

When Emmitt sat out the first two games in 1993, the results were so poor the team's management acted quickly. Not only was the running attack inefficient and unpredictable, they lost both games.

Jerry Jones was looking for leverage and hoping Derrick Lassic would produce enough to make Emmitt nervous. It would be a gross understatement to say things didn't exactly work out that way.

I think this is what Jerry wants to do here. Not that they would want to start Lance. They just want him to play well enough that they can prop him up in the media and make Dak nervous.

Either way, I predict Dak gets his contract shortly after the 2nd preseason game.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
They play against each other and anytime a couple of real good or great QBs face each other their battles will be analyzed. I’ll never forget the hype when Joe Montana and Dan Marino faced each other in the Super Bowl. The QB is the only position in football that has a W/L record because they influence the outcome of games more than any other position. By the way, some of those commentators you’re referring to as dumb were Pat Summerall and John Madden, who made big deals about great QBs facing each other in big games. The fact that Eli Manning beat Tom Brady in two Super Bowls is going to get him in the Hall of Fame. Had Eli beat a much lesser QB in those SBs I’m not sure he gets in. A QB’s performance always gets compared to the QB they’re facing especially in big games.
You wrote all of that and still didn’t show how they play each other like you claimed. Unless the opposing QB is on the field at the same time playing defense, QBs never play each other. QBs play each other only in QB competitions during the Pro-Bowl.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They play against each other and anytime a couple of real good or great QBs face each other their battles will be analyzed. I’ll never forget the hype when Joe Montana and Dan Marino faced each other in the Super Bowl. The QB is the only position in football that has a W/L record because they influence the outcome of games more than any other position. By the way, some of those commentators you’re referring to as dumb were Pat Summerall and John Madden, who made big deals about great QBs facing each other in big games. The fact that Eli Manning beat Tom Brady in two Super Bowls is going to get him in the Hall of Fame. Had Eli beat a much lesser QB in those SBs I’m not sure he gets in. A QB’s performance always gets compared to the QB they’re facing especially in big games.
Eli is garbage.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
NOTHING has changed. He asked for 60 million months ago. He has zero leverage... unless Dallas wants to sign him. If they planned on letting this season play out and we have another 1st rd playoff loss... he has zero leverage.

OH, Allen, Burrow and Mahomes are in th emiddle of deals... 2 of them just signed not that ong ago. Do you think they have all the leverage over their teams?
Yup.

Dak should hold out for more $$$.

Haha

#Lance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Dallas signs him for a ridiculous amount, they deserve another five years of playoff failure. Let him get paid elsewhere and start the QB search.
Yes.

- $100 million dead cap
- 2-5 playoff record
- one pro bowl since 2018
- Lance

Time to move on from Chokota

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agree.

Dallas still has to eat $100+ million in dead cap from Daks current contract.

No way they add another $ to that mess.
GM Jethro has to eat dead cap space for the dumb decisions he made restructuring Dak's contract.

Their is a significant difference between cutting a player and eating dead cap space and a player playing out his entire contract and eating dead cap space.

They both are bad, but the second just highlights GM Jethro's incompetence.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're just telling everyone you're terrible at negotiating, and jump on every first offer you get.

Jags just paid Lawrence a couple days ago. GB paid Love a week ago. I guess those teams didnt want them...

Even if Dak decides to test free agency, that doesnt mean Dallas didnt want him... but I bet you will try your hardest best to spin it that way your gulible mutuals.
GB paid Love a week ago?

You’re telling everyone that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Oh, and you’re on record thinking Dak would have a new deal by March 13th.

Please, tell us more about what’s going to happen. You have a good track record.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another "Click and Bait" Prescott thread.

No NFL Team including our beloved Cowboys will give this scrub needs to be carried QB close to 60 million.
He will get Kirk Cousins $ from another team in the spring of 2025.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has leverage if Jethro intends on resigning him.

Obviously if we want to let him walk there’s no leverage .

Chasing6

Reaction score
He has leverage if Jethro intends on resigning him.

Obviously if we want to let him walk there’s no leverage .
He has so much leverage that GM Jethro can't resign him.

He can intend on resigning him and Dak could say I am not interested.

Then Jethro can pretend that was his plan all along, until you find out he has no QB and no plan at all.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But Jethro knows the market better than anyone, he has told us himself. I mean he is the most experienced GM in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He has so much leverage that GM Jethro can't resign him.

He can intend on resigning him and Dak could say I am not interested.

Then Jethro can pretend that was his plan all along, until you find out he has no QB and no plan at all.
There’s always the possibility Jethro won’t meet Prescotts demands . But it won’t be because of his intent to sign him.

Most of the detractors believe the Cowboys are prepared to let him walk regardless but it’s most likely coming down to money not solely based on his choking in the playoffs.

John813

Reaction score
Where is this 60 coming from? Unless this is purely the ask from his camp, with idea that's unlikely.

The market is at 55mil. Burrows set it a few years back and no one has topped that AAV yet.
It's 55,55, 53, 52.5, 52, 51, etc...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Now this is funny as dude, that’s all you do here. You crap on every positive post about Dak, or really anything positive about the Cowboys trying to influence their behavior, so who the hell do you think you are kidding?
No. I crap on guys like you, Ranching, AC and TMC who are always whining about other posters. I reflect yourselves right back at you. Find a post or two from me that isn't directed at your little group of crusaders.

The hypocrisy in all of you is absolutely fascinating. You guys crack me up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just for the record Jordan Love hasn’t received a new contract yet but is expected to receive more than Trevor Lawrence which could set the new Market Price.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-become-nfl-s-highest-paid-player/ar-BB1onVSV
Just curious did Jordan Love resemble Dak while kicking our bleeps?
I mean talent wise did you see any Prescott in Jordan Love's performance?
Is Jordan the same age as Dak?
Man compare Apples to Apples and don't consider us mental midgets, please!