Prescott is not taking his team to a championship ever

Acheman08

Reaction score
Correction....Jerry and Stephen not bringing this team to a championship ever.

Doesn't matter who the coach or QB is. As long as they act as a GM or control everything we won't win ****. It's that fn simple

Oh let's tank or rebuild....whats that going to accomplish? absolutely fn nothing with them two running things. Just a repeat

They either sell the franchise(lols) or realize they need to sit back and hire a proper GM to build a team.
This. Stever-beaver is just like Jerry...only cheap. So its going to get worse when he is the lone one in charge. Then he will bring HIS kid in and it will never end. Kind of sobering to think this poop show isnt going to change in any of our lifetimes. Could they fall bass-ackwards into a SB appearance? Sure. Win? No. Go back again? No.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dak is a good quarterback but he just needs everything in place to succeed in this league, a great offensive line, a great running game, a great receiving core and a great defense, otherwise he isn't leading this team to a championship....Dak isn't as good as Romo and I didn't think Romo would lead this team to a championship because he's just to much of a gunslinger and took too many risks

McKDaddy

Reaction score
if 2016 sputtered with Romo out, Garrett is fired then and then they could of had a chance for Mahomes in 17 or Allen in 18 by finishing in the top 10 draft wise.

I have said for years we have had good years at exactly the wrong time and vice versa. Getting Garret out earlier would have been a huge advantage.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If this statement was true, Aaron Rodgers would have been able to "take his team" to more than one Superbowl, correct???

Well the great news is... NO quarterback takes a team to the superbowl. The TEAM, coaching staff, and the front office takes the team to the Superbowl. With that said, which part of the Cowboys are championship caliber???

Is it our players, front office, or coaching staff?? I feel we have the players to make a run when healthy, but let me know what says championship caliber when discussing our front office and coaching staff....

I'll wait....
Prescott is no Aaron Rodgers

bigE79

Reaction score
Prescott is not taking his team to a championship ever. I’ve done nothing but support him. But the obvious is that. We need a franchise quarterback. Even treating for Garoppolo , It’s only a fix. It’s going to be a long season my cowboy family. But it’s not over til it’s over. This defense will keep us in ball games
No ****.. we've known this a long time.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If your giving up on him, that is telling ! fans throwing towels at him is telling.
But jerry wont give up on him, if rush wins 6 in a row he will put dak back in as soon as he can.
I’ve seen enough. Too many mistakes the same ones. I thought he was learning from them but obviously he’s not. That’s the only reason why I’m giving up on him. He’s the best he’s ever going to be and it’s not good enough

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No ****.. we've known this a long time.
No you couldn’t have. Because he was playing extremely well. The issue is is making the same mistakes over and over that’s why I’m giving up

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Dak understands he has lost the crowd, does he decide to waive the trade clause?
Does that change the cap implications if you can find someone willing to take a chance on him?
No I think he loves it in Dallas. I don’t think the team has given up on him. Either that they’re keeping their mouth shut

Cowboycarpontier

Reaction score
Prescott is not taking his team to a championship ever. I’ve done nothing but support him. But the obvious is that. We need a franchise quarterback. Even treating for Garoppolo , It’s only a fix. It’s going to be a long season my cowboy family. But it’s not over til it’s over. This defense will keep us in ball games
This injury will mask his inaccuracy and inept QB play for yet another year. He is an upper tier QB as long as he has 150 YDS+ run support and a bunch of good WRs and a solid O line. Ask him to win a game for us with his arm? Not a chance.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has regressed and I said several times the past few weeks that he was going to have a tough time getting back on track with the lack of talent he has around him on offense. If he doesn’t play well when he returns and the Cowboys end up with a high draft pick, which they likely will it wouldn’t surprise me if they pick a QB. Dak signed a four-year deal so they’ll likely move on from him at the end if it. The fan base is extremely down on him and it appears he’s lost confidence.
The same mistakes over and over. That’s my issue. He’s not growing he’s definitely regressing. I’m done with him. I’m not done with the team though

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I said this in 2016...and people scoffed then....:popcorn:

Welcome to the club....:clap:
You weren’t right then . He didn’t play long enough to see the same mistakes over and over. It’s the regression and that takes years to see.

OhReally

Reaction score
Look Dak does a lot of things well but he has major limitations.

Has no elite traits.

He'll check down to rbs and TEs before targeting open receivers down field.

Can be wildly inconsistent throwing the ball.

Does not hit receivers in stride or out of breaks.

He's late a lot. He'll either wait too late he has to check down, to late and make the play sacrificing yac, or so late he can't even throw it. Holds the ball at times way too long.

Has trouble diagnosing defensive coverage at times. A lot of times.

Has not shown the ability to make tight window throws or have adequate ball placement on contested catches.

Does not make players around him better.

Mentally has trouble beating better quality opponents.

Cowboycarpontier

Reaction score
This injury will mask his inaccuracy and inept QB play for yet another year. He is an upper tier QB as long as he has 150 YDS+ run support and a bunch of good WRs and a solid O line. Ask him to win a game for us with his arm? Not a chance.
I really mean this; I believe Dak is a standup guy and probably a great person. Just not a top NFL QB. Apparently, there aren't that many of them.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Probably right.

our front office is so bad. Our only chance is to have a transcendent QB who is one of the best ever.
Unfortunately, even if we were to luck into one, the attitude required of that QB would clash far too much with the Jones' and would never be tolerated.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i may be in the minority but i dont think dak will play another game in the nfl i dont he will ever get over that hand injury