Prescott, polished and groomed

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This is one of the first threads I've seen him in where he doesn't let everyone know that he "knows more about football than most."

Take it easy Phil, you may be in over your head.
He pm me and we cleared the air. We are good for now but hopefully we're good for a long time. I wasn't trying to insult his integrity though and that's the truth.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I totally believe Dak Prescott has hit a new level. I always believed he had the talent to tools to make it in the NFL. When you're from a top-10 program. Coming out of college. Sure you have talent you have tools. But what they teach you is the Polish and The Grooming. I believe that's what Prescott was lacking. Now that he has the proper teachers , tutoring, coaching. I believe he can become an elite quarterback. If he had received this tutoring in school I think he would have been a top 5 draft pick. Go Cowboys go Prescott.

Mississippi State never finished in the top 10 while he was there. So he didn't come from a top 10 program. But that to me at least gives him more credit.

edit: never mind, that was your point

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mississippi State never finished in the top 10 while he was there. So he didn't come from a top 10 program. But that to me at least gives him more credit.

edit: never mind, that was your point
Help me out here. I thought I made that clear that he wasn't from a top 10 program. For some reason it seems I didn't present that properly.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is one of the first threads I've seen him in where he doesn't let everyone know that he "knows more about football than most."

Take it easy Phil, you may be in over your head.
I never imply that I know more about football than most if that's your take on it oh well. That's on you. Because I fight for what I believe in my opinion does not mean I'm right. It just an opinion that I believe in strongly. Facts are factual cannot be debated. So again if that's the opinion you get that's on you

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Help me out here. I thought I made that clear that he wasn't from a top 10 program. For some reason it seems I didn't present that properly.

The english teacher in me wants mark all over your post in red ink, but *if* one actually reads the whole post it is clear what you meant.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The english teacher in me wants mark all over your post in red ink, but *if* one actually reads the whole post it is clear what you meant.
I have neuropathy nerve damage from the military. Most people that know me know this and let it slide. My fingers sting like bee stings when I type so I rely on speak and text. Google has been horrible lately. Even after I proofread. It changes my wording and content. Again most people that know me let it slide I only explain it to you because you have class and I think you can understand

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I've noticed that Dak added another element to his game. Hes doing that little shoulder fake when the defense has its eyes on him. It freezes the defense for a split second, allowing recievers a little more separation.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most people with an agenda no matter who's running the post. They read a particular sentence something goes off in their mind and they stop reading. I call that having an agenda. I'm not talkin about you. But that's what I'm noticing the consistency. Over the years. People don't take the time and read and understand the entire thing. And I'm guilty sometimes also

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've noticed that Dak added another element to his game. Hes doing that little shoulder fake when the defense has its eyes on him. It freezes the defense for a split second, allowing recievers a little more separation.
I'm glad you mentioned that. She's the first time I've seen someone mention it even though I wanted to I forgot. His game is come so far. Maybe you should start a thread LOL

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned that. She's the first time I've seen someone mention it even though I wanted to I forgot. His game is come so far. Maybe you should start a thread LOL
Yeah i havent seen it mentioned yet. But you know the trolls will come out from the stinky water beneath the bridge and downplay anything positive regarding Daks game.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
He isn't from a top 10 program sir. He's the same QB 4 years in with better WR talent. He won't lose the game and won't win many games as the main reason either. That's who he's is and has been. He will probably be that player his whole career too.
But he’s not the same QB. His passes are much more in the area they should be,as opposed to sailing to the 1st row fan for a pleasant surprise. Red zone is his biggest issue he says and it’s true ....but you look at the ability to move ball more downfield where 300yds isn’t a question anymore. That pass to Cooper late....he probably isn’t making that play or recognizing right coverage before. Or the little Romo flip tosses to Austin and Zeke...those are vet savvy plays. I understand your point,he’s not a guy can just Rodgers you to wins,but his game is evolving all the same.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah i havent seen it mentioned yet. But you know the trolls will come out from the stinky water beneath the bridge and downplay anything positive regarding Daks game.
Google helps me with speaking text because of my issue with typing. Thank you

blueblood70

Reaction score
not really but he has improved to 10 from 16 so its step up but I dont believe he will ever sniff elite and that ok.. we dont need him to be Rogers for us to win.. I do see enough change in confidence and throwing to WRs even if they arent WIDE open..hes taking less sacks and making good decsions.. this is most likely a finished Dak..

I know some of his numbers have hi 3 like yards but by seasons end it wont be that way, he got nice head start from the first 3 games and playing rom behind but hes still at 10 for me..

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But he’s not the same QB. His passes are much more in the area they should be,as opposed to sailing to the 1st row fan for a pleasant surprise. Red zone is his biggest issue he says and it’s true ....but you look at the ability to move ball more downfield where 300yds isn’t a question anymore. That pass to Cooper late....he probably isn’t making that play or recognizing right coverage before. Or the little Romo flip tosses to Austin and Zeke...those are vet savvy plays. I understand your point,he’s not a guy can just Rodgers you to wins,but his game is evolving all the same.
Because of Rogers age. I take Prescott right now. The Improvement as long as it keeps improving he could be the best. Just a little bit more polish LOL

CWR

Reaction score
To me that's just a saying people feel they have to say. I say it at times myself so I'm not immune to it but I mainly think its pointless. We already know we disagree so either we don't even discuss the topic or let it take its natural course is my thinking on it. I also think online has folks more hype than face to face because as I've said many places online the convo goes a lot different when people are face to face compared to online.

I think there's meaning to agree to disagree. Yes we have different points of view, yes we spoke about it, but we've reached a stalemate. Neither of us convinced by the other. (It's rare to change anyones mind, especially now days) So when I say agree to disagree Im basically saying I respect your opinion but I dont agree with it, and its clear we are to far apart to compromise on this topic. Consequently I wish you a good day my Cowboy brother and Im on to the next conversation.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
not really but he has improved to 10 from 16 so its step up but I dont believe he will ever sniff elite and that ok.. we dont need him to be Rogers for us to win.. I do see enough change in confidence and throwing to WRs even if they arent WIDE open..hes taking less sacks and making good decsions.. this is most likely a finished Dak..

I know some of his numbers have hi 3 like yards but by seasons end it wont be that way, he got nice head start from the first 3 games and playing rom behind but hes still at 10 for me..
I don't know if you'll ever be elite either. But if he keeps improving at this level I have no doubt he has the opportunity to show it. For me it's about growth. And that's all he continues to do. And I'm not really a statistics number guy. I believe there for you the end of your career. Or Vegas LOL I just like what I'm seeing from his fourth season. It's what I expected.