Twitter: Price point is wrong for the Cowboys on Jaylon Johnson

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Didn't Dallas give SF a 4th for Lance? So maybe they have 1 each in rounds 1-3, and nothing until 2 picks in the 7th?

(Or did they pick up another one in the 4th from some other comp?)

Rayman70

Reaction score
HeresJerry:..."um..ba hum...hmmm....well...hum..we hum...umm...aren't in a fungible situation at this time...hmm...cough...that might change...if we were called first..hmm...but I cant see us, trying to improve the roster at all. ..hmm..I like our guys...as of today...hmmm..." Translation, I MUST win with my guys because I want the world to think I am a football guy. I need all the credit. Therefore, I can't trade to improve the team. Im admitting fault then.

Rayman70

Reaction score
anything more than spare change and half priced concessions is past cap boys “price point”. I’m sure we will here something about a honest offer at some point
We made our moves last week and before that. Trey Lance, Evans and Seibert. Thats how Jerry views it. Worst thing that may have happened was us beating the rams as bad as we did. I think Jerry thinks we don't need anything.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We made our moves last week and before that. Trey Lance, Evans and Seibert. Thats how Jerry views it. Worst thing that may have happened was us beating the rams as bad as we did. I think Jerry thinks we don't need anything.
I said that after the game.

Had we lost or even worse got blown out. Jerry would be angry and doing something.

Them blowing out the rams. Jerry can sit back and drink early.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I said that after the game.

Had we lost or even worse got blown out. Jerry would be angry and doing something.

Them blowing out the rams. Jerry can sit back and drink early.
exactly. Its Jerry 101.

Creeper

Reaction score
I hate be be the bearer of bad news but the 49ers are effectively $83 million under the CAP next year while the Cowboys are $7 million over. The 49ers can trade for players like Chase Young and Jaylon Johnson and easily sign them to long term deals. The 49ers will be good for some time because they will never have to pay Brock Purdy $50 million per year.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I hate be be the bearer of bad news but the 49ers are effectively $83 million under the CAP next year while the Cowboys are $7 million over. The 49ers can trade for players like Chase Young and Jaylon Johnson and easily sign them to long term deals. The 49ers will be good for some time because they will never have to pay Brock Purdy $50 million per year.
That’s the problem. Shouldn’t pay your qb unless superstar.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score

Dang, great news for them.

Gambit

Reaction score
Didn't Dallas give SF a 4th for Lance? So maybe they have 1 each in rounds 1-3, and nothing until 2 picks in the 7th?

(Or did they pick up another one in the 4th from some other comp?)
They will likely get 2 comp picks 2 sixes or a 6th and a 5th, but these can't be traded until they actually receive them.