Twitter: Price point is wrong for the Cowboys on Jaylon Johnson

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Eagles have a legit GM who does the job full-time. We don't. We have a part-time part-incompetent GM who thinks with his heart and not his head.
Does the Eagles stuff ever end here? If all of their deals worked out they wouldn’t have to keep making them.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Didn't Dallas give SF a 4th for Lance? So maybe they have 1 each in rounds 1-3, and nothing until 2 picks in the 7th?

(Or did they pick up another one in the 4th from some other comp?
You are correct.

1st - 1
2nd - 1
3rd - 1
4th - 0
5th - 0
6th - 0
7th - 2

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Eagles have a legit GM who does the job full-time. We don't. We have a part-time part-incompetent GM who thinks with his heart and not his head.
I really don't think it is Jerry making the calls. It's most likely Will McClay, our vice president of player personnel. Now, I'm sure everything gets passed through Stephen and Jerry, but it is McClay's full-time job to seek out the best players he can get. Of course, I think McClay likes holding onto those draft picks since that's his bread and butter.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You are correct.

1st - 1
2nd - 1
3rd - 1
4th - 0
5th - 0
6th - 0
7th - 2
I'd try to move down in the second and pick up more draft picks, since our success rate in the second isn't very high anyway.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'd try to move down in the second and pick up more draft picks, since our success rate in the second isn't very high anyway.
Move down from where to where? Do you mean trade out of the 2nd round altogether? Keep in mind, our picks in each round are likely to be in the 25-32 range anyway, just like most years.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I really don't think it is Jerry making the calls. It's most likely Will McClay, our vice president of player personnel. Now, I'm sure everything gets passed through Stephen and Jerry, but it is McClay's full-time job to seek out the best players he can get. Of course, I think McClay likes holding onto those draft picks since that's his bread and butter.
Jerry probably told him not to trade his fun round pick too.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Move down from where to where? Do you mean trade out of the 2nd round altogether? Keep in mind, our picks in each round are likely to be in the 25-32 range anyway, just like most years.
Yes. Trade into the third and try to pick up a couple of extra picks. Probably would have to trade at least into the middle of the third, possibly later in the round. More bullets give us a better chance of hitting that our second-rounder usually does.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As long as we're without a 5th and a 6th round pick at this point, I doubt we're in the hunt for a backup. We're likely holding onto what draft picks we have until the NFL Draft. I'm sure most of us would be upset if we gave up the picks we have left today and went without them for the draft.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Blowing that 4th rd pick on Lance is going to come back and bite JJ in his clit since he did nothing to help his club at the trade deadline. He gave away a 4th rd pick for a QB who couldn't start for any team in the NFL. Heck, if Lance was all that teams would have been beating down JJ's door trying to pull Lance from JJ's greasy hands. No, the 9ers gave up a lousy 3rd rd pick for a D-Lineman who could possibly be the missing piece since DEFENSE wins championships. This just proves how out of touch these idiots who run the Cowboys really are. Both the 9ers and Eagles are spending draft picks left and right to improve their teams as JJ and the Dumb F$%^&ks once again sit idle at the trade deadline.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yes. Trade into the third and try to pick up a couple of extra picks. Probably would have to trade at least into the middle of the third, possibly later in the round. More bullets give us a better chance of hitting that our second-rounder usually does.
Ok. Maybe. We don’t hit in the second anyway. What trade would have made it worthwhile in your opinion!

gimmesix

Reaction score
Ok. Maybe. We don’t hit in the second anyway. What trade would have made it worthwhile in your opinion!
Not sure about trade values, but if we could trade back midway through the third and get a fifth and sixth, I'd consider that worthwhile. It's not great ammunition, but would get us back to seven picks.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Too many Jaylens anyway. My God, what happened in the mid90s-2000s? Every black woman naming her boy Jaylon?
Can’t be worse than every white woman in the 2010s naming their son “Aiden” or “Jackson.”

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would trade our 2nd every year for picks or established players.