Twitter: Price point is wrong for the Cowboys on Jaylon Johnson

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
An NFC championship is a lot to show for it. Competing in the SB is a big deal and a lot to show for it also.
A SB? They did not go to a SB last year and I’m of the belief they still beat the Cowboys last yyear we without CMac. People don’t remember they have always had a good running game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Our fan base IQ is as bad as it gets.

Jaylon Johnson is a good CB but not elite. He wants 20M a year in free agency which occurs after this year.
Chicago has 100M in cap space and just traded FOR Montez Sweat as they seek MORE talent.

Dallas has Trevon Diggs whom they just paid as a franchise level CB.
They also have a major hit in Daron Bland.
They aren't paying Johnson 15-20M AAV.

You aren't paying a 2nd and 4th for virtually anyone as you already gave up R5 and R6.

Would have been great to pick off a guy with an R7, Gallimore or other very bottom of roster guys. But you weren't in on top line trade targets.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Too high? They would get a 3rd round back if he signed with another team.
No, he almost certainly wouldn't.

Spotrac has his market value at 17.5M AAV. That is an R4 level comp and only part of equation depending upon who leaves/joins per team.
2 contracts were awarded R3 last year. --plenty of R3 supp based on hiring alone.

Ultimately, he did not move to any team much less a team which already has its CB1.

coult44

Reaction score
A SB? They did not go to a SB last year and I’m of the belief they still beat the Cowboys last yyear we without CMac. People don’t remember they have always had a good running game.
Sorry should have read competing for a chance to go to the Super Bowl is huge. Should’ve proofed it. My bad.