Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Some say Romo would have won the Superbowl with Zeke or with the offense Dak had in 2016. There still is the fact that Murray won offensive player of the year in 2014. And if some want to contribute that to the O line, then it debunks Romo never having a great O Line like Dak has.

Also some are basically having a assumptions that Romo needs a RB like Zeke or a defense like the one the Cowboys have now, to have been able to win the Superbowl. But, then "He can't do it without Zeke or only won because of this and that" is used against Dak. Where as the 2016-2018 cowboys are used for the benefit of how some feel like Romo would have won it all with them.

So, it's like some are saying both Romo and Dak need the same or similar types of talent and players around them to have accomplished a successful season or to win it all.

Team around Dak used to high light his weaknesses saying he only won games because of them.

Team around Romo used to highlight his strengths and say he would have won more important games if he had the same team around him Dak has.

So the same team and players are used to either credit or discredit the last couple of Cowboys QBs depending on whether some are Pro Romo or Anti Dak.
:hammer:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That's the wrong question. What you should be asking was how did the trip effect Romo's performance.
200 yards passing. Prescott gets murdered for such yardage here.
50% completion percentage. Yikes.
1 TD.
And the infamous INT to end the game and season.

Specific enough?

Sure except for two of the gaffes that were mentioned (the dropped huge gain by Crayton and the dropped touchdown pass by Fasano, both of which hit them right in the hands) greatly detracted from the yardage and touchdown total that you are complaining about

"Specifically" speaking, would you have been happy with about 270 yards and 3 touchdowns? because if those perfectly thrown balls get caught, that's what he would have had

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly. TO is the only number one receiver Romo ever had who did anything anywhere else or with any other quarterback

Every other "stud" receiver Tony ever threw to didn't do Jack crap with any other quarterback

Prescott cost Dez his career for Pete's sake
Ridiculous point.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sure except for two of the gaffes that were mentioned (the dropped huge gain by Crayton and the dropped touchdown pass by Fasano, both of which hit them right in the hands) greatly detracted from the yardage and touchdown total that you are complaining about

"Specifically" speaking, would you have been happy with about 270 yards and 3 touchdowns? because if those perfectly thrown balls get caught, that's what he would have had
Romo wasn't good enough to overcome a drop. Sound familiar?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Ridiculous point.

How so?

A series of alleged "stud receivers" can't produce in any other situation with any other quarterback?

You think it's ridiculous to wonder if maybe the quarterback had a lot to do with that?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Romo wasn't good enough to overcome a drop. Sound familiar?

Sounds like you don't want to answer my question is what it sounds like

I asked you if you would have been happy with 270 yards and 3 touchdowns, which is what he would have had if those perfectly thrown balls were caught

Your insistence on deflecting without answering the question is very telling

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't want to answer my question is what it sounds like

I asked you if you would have been happy with 270 yards and 3 touchdowns, which is what he would have had if those perfectly thrown balls were caught

Your insistence on deflecting without answering the question is very telling
The Int was also a perfect pass.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Confident Romo would for sure..but you would always worry about that dear in the headlights Romo that was capable of single handedly throwing 5 picks and playing like crap.

But yes mature confident Romo would have a shot.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.
BS. Before Cooper, Romo wouldn’t succeed either because none of the WR’s were open except Beasley occasionally.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The Int was also a perfect pass.

Which wouldn't have been thrown if the previous 2 dropped TD passes had been caught

But you already knew that, right?

In good faith I'll try one more time, would you have been happy with 270 yards and 3 touchdowns?

I know you're not going to answer but at least this way I can say I tried

You can always tell when you have a Prescott jock sniffer on the Run, because the goalposts keep moving and they refused to keep the discussion on topic LOL

I will hand it to you you're better than most. Still not very good but better than most

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
How so?

A series of alleged "stud receivers" can't produce in any other situation with any other quarterback?

You think it's ridiculous to wonder if maybe the quarterback had a lot to do with that?
Prescott is at fault for mistakes he made, but he doesn't have 2 HOFers in their prime as well as Bryant in his prime. It's typical and lazy to assume Dak is the reason a bunch of jags can't be elite. I would agree if Bryant had a job and was putting up numbers he did 4 years ago.
many WRs have a flash of brilliance one season, go elsewhere and bomb. It happens. Again, if Bryant went to another team and was very good you may have a point, but you boner for Romo is a little sad.

I liked the guy, but good lord, he was part of the late season, win or go home games and the postseason Meh.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Prescott is at fault for mistakes he made, but he doesn't have 2 HOFers in their prime as well as Bryant in his prime. It's typical and lazy to assume Dak is the reason a bunch of jags can't be elite. I would agree if Bryant had a job and was putting up numbers he did 4 years ago.
many WRs have a flash of brilliance one season, go elsewhere and bomb. It happens. Again, if Bryant went to another team and was very good you may have a point, but you boner for Romo is a little sad.

I liked the guy, but good lord, he was part of the late season, win or go home games and the postseason Meh.

TO was in his prime in Dallas? He was 34 years old in 2007. How many thirty-four-year-old receivers are lighting up the league right now? I can't wait for this list.....

As for dez, i don't have to imagine. I saw Dez play three seasons with quarterbacks other than Romo and his production fell off the grid

Two of those seasons were with Prescott

Thoughts?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Which wouldn't have been thrown if the previous 2 dropped TD passes had been caught

But you already knew that, right?

In good faith I'll try one more time, would you have been happy with 270 yards and 3 touchdowns?

I know you're not going to answer but at least this way I can say I tried

You can always tell when you have a Prescott jock sniffer on the Run, because the goalposts keep moving and they refused to keep the discussion on topic LOL

I will hand it to you you're better than most. Still not very good but better than most
The yardage wasn't an issue for me, but those here who are still hurt Romo is gone use Prescott's lack oh high yardage games as a point. get it? I couldn't possibly care less. I noticed you conveniently picked out that ONE stat. Not his par completion percentage or INT in a big game.

And, you don't even get that you don't get it. I support Prescott because he's on the roster. If there was an opportunity to get a better player, I'm all in. Same with any position. So yo can stick the jock sniffer comment up your ***, because you haven't a clue.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The yardage wasn't an issue for me, but those here who are still hurt Romo is gone use Prescott's lack oh high yardage games as a point. get it? I couldn't possibly care less. I noticed you conveniently picked out that ONE stat. Not his par completion percentage or INT in a big game.

And, you don't even get that you don't get it. I support Prescott because he's on the roster. If there was an opportunity to get a better player, I'm all in. Same with any position. So yo can stick the jock sniffer comment up your ***, because you haven't a clue.

So, would you have been happy with 270 yards and 3 TD? It's a pretty simple question.

For the life of me I can't imagine why you refuse to answer it.....

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He's unemployed. It's not 2014 anymore.

Wait, no. It was all Prescott's fault. Now will you shut the **** up? Your Romo-rootering is annoying. Nite!

Any comment about Owens being in his prime?

Didn't think so. I'll wait for that list of big producing 34 year old wrs some other time.

Victory

Man, it never gets old!

Sleep well friend. It's been fun

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How does Dak make them worse??? You got it backwards don't you, wouldn't it be the OL that makes Dak better??
and your QB and Wr's have been limited because of coaching and play calls. They are not being used in a way to succeed.
exactly , but fans that dont understand things just blame the qb who is always the target when things go bad.

Tony did mask how bad JG is , and linehan, so now Dak cant do what tony did, especially since they wont let him run the rpo's
and they dont want him running. That is on S.Jones.

I do think Romo could have made a SB run had they let him play GB back in 2016.
and now with this defense, tony could probably do better than Dak, mainly because he knew the game better,
and was more free to adlib than dak is .

People dont realize, tony had already got his 100 mil deal, so he didnt have to kiss JG's butt and could ad lib in games
and no one could do anything about it.

But Dak has to kiss butt, and do as he is told, run the plays the way JG wants,. because he is trying to get to his big contract.

Dak is only making peanuts with a rd 4 rookie salary.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Any comment about Owens being in his prime?

Didn't think so. I'll wait for that list of big producing 34 year old wrs some other time.

Victory

Man, it never gets old!

Sleep well friend. It's been fun
Oh, that' what you need? Next time you want to parade your douchebaggery, just lead with that. You win the internet!