Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Oh, that' what you need? Next time you want to parade your douchebaggery, just lead with that. You win the internet!

Shouldn't you be working on that list of big producing 34 year old receivers?

I'll give you Jerry Rice and Fitz. Other than that it's a short list

point being for a wide receiver that's not in your prime

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
This would still be the worst group of WRs Romo ever played with. At the very minimum, he always had a good WR (Terrell Owens, Miles Austin for a few years, Dez) plus a younger Witten.

Laurent Robinson says hi and I’m not sure if Miles Austin even hangs in the league long if not for Romo

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Laurent Robinson says hi and I’m not sure if Miles Austin even hangs in the league long if not for Romo
One hit wonders happen. Kudos to Romo for getting the most out of them, but they also deserve some credit for doing their part, no?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.

Revisionist HIS-STORY. Romo had 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007 with a top 10 defense left by the Tuna. Romo decided preparing for the playoffs in Cabo was the way to go to the Super Bowl.

Romo had numerous opportunities with great and good teams. He broke the Parcells rules for a QB.

Lets move on.

Heck no he does not belong in the Ring of Honor until the numerous more deserving Cowboys not in the ring (Cornell Green, Too Tall Jones, Harvey Martin, Gil Brandt, Demarcus Ware, Jason Witten) go in first.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Lots of people underestimating Miles Austin in 2009 and 2010. This offense was dead until he emerged as a legit top WR those seasons...remember being so desperate at WR that they were trying to target Sam Hurd vs. Champ Bailey at the goal line in that Broncos game early in that season?

The guy couldn't stay healthy but he was great for those two seasons...I don't think Romo made him at all

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lots of people underestimating Miles Austin in 2009 and 2010. This offense was dead until he emerged as a legit top WR those seasons...remember being so desperate at WR that they were trying to target Sam Hurd vs. Champ Bailey at the goal line in that Broncos game early in that season?

The guy couldn't stay healthy but he was great for those two seasons...I don't think Romo made him at all
Dude was amazing after catching the ball when his hamstrings were alright.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

First, before I get raped for ever talking negative about one of Romo's WR's, I actually really liked Miles. Good dude and he played hard. But he was in Dallas for like 8 seasons. He had 3 really solid years. While he did have some injuries, I don't think it's enough to say Romo made him. I think he was good enough to produce among a lot of decent QBs is the system works. But, around here Austin and Robinson are the go-to.

starfan1

Reaction score
Prime Brady wouldn’t win a super bowl with this dumpster fire

Especially being coached by clapper

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm sure if Roger Staubach had Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips instead of Tom Landry he'd be lighting up the league. lol But around here coaching doesn't matter.
100% correct coaching doesn't matter. The main preacher of that is @Diehardblues who has claimed for the last millennia that we will never have a quality coach while the Jonses run the team. Which is perfectly arguable by the way. What's not though is his consistent claim that talent wins and not coaching. Yet when confronted with this oxymoron he has created he continues to talk in circles.