Reaction score
PFF Final 2023 O-Line Rankings

Here is the link.
I can only see the top 4
  1. Philly
  2. Detroit
  3. Indy
  4. Atlanta
I know Dallas was 3rd entering week 18, but was glad to see they didn't stay that high. But I assume tey are probably top 6.

8. DALLAS COWBOYS

Best lineup:​

LT Tyron Smith
LG Tyler Smith
C Tyler Biadasz
RG Zack Martin
RT Terence Steele

• Injuries at left guard and left tackle, combined with disappointing play at right tackle, led to this unit playing below expectations. However, even with Terence Steele struggling at right tackle, the Cowboys field one of the NFL's better offensive lines when the Smiths are available to play on the left side.
  • While his play was not what Cowboys fans hoped for this season, right tackle Terence Steele demonstrated durability after returning from injury. His 1,187 snaps tied for the most by an offensive tackle in 2023.

Best player: Tyron Smith

• Smith finished the season with the highest pass-blocking grade (88.6) among all offensive tackles.

DFWJC

Reaction score

8. DALLAS COWBOYS

LT Tyron Smith
LG Tyler Smith
C Tyler Biadasz
RG Zack Martin
RT Terence Steele

• Injuries at left guard and left tackle, combined with disappointing play at right tackle, led to this unit playing below expectations. However, even with Terence Steele struggling at right tackle, the Cowboys field one of the NFL's better offensive lines when the Smiths are available to play on the left side.
  • While his play was not what Cowboys fans hoped for this season, right tackle Terence Steele demonstrated durability after returning from injury. His 1,187 snaps tied for the most by an offensive tackle in 2023.

• Smith finished the season with the highest pass-blocking grade (88.6) among all offensive tackles.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

8. DALLAS COWBOYS

LT Tyron Smith
LG Tyler Smith
C Tyler Biadasz
RG Zack Martin
RT Terence Steele

I love all these “ let’s get rid of Tyron “ fans as if we have any chance of drafting someone better. He just had a great year and we should try to resign him.

ICP

Reaction score
PFF quite often has some very strange rankings

DFWJC

Reaction score
PFF quite often has some very strange rankings
Yes they have.
But they arent opinion polls, they are based on analytics—though I've often had issue with their methods

Anyway, in this case, PFF fell in line with the other ranking that had Dallas top 10 or higher, so they were not an outlier
  • PFN (Pro Football Network)….5th
  • PlayerProfiler. Com…..tier of 3 through 10
  • PFF….8th….

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I love all these “ let’s get rid of Tyron “ fans as if we have any chance of drafting someone better. He just had a great year and we should try to resign him.
He has been inujry prone but all in all he has held up better than Zack which is kinda nuts.
They have a plan where they don't practice him that is working so no reason he shouldn't be back.
He is not a talker so doubt he wants to go into media or even coaching.
He may well be happy to play a very long-time then truly retire and live off of investments.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Dallas OL issue was the guy who played the most snaps was the guy who played the worst.
And the backups who filled in all rated very poorly.
With an OL it is often about your weakest link which is why Dallas was famous for shuffling to get their best 5 on the field during the 90s.

All that said; OL play around the league has been an issue for years. There are not enough quality OL to fill the league.
A number of these guys are going to drop 30 pounds as soon as they quit playing and look like a fairly average human on the street.
So what any single fan base thinks is based on a perception that blocking should be perfect every play.
And that is a ridiculous bar.

PFF puilling Dallas down in season end rankings makes sense.
I do not htink they are a top 5 OL by any means.
I saw SF and PHI and a few others flat out play us.
But we stomped a number of teams to death and you don't do that unless the OL is playing at a very high level.

The true physical freaks like Tyron and Tyler stand out forever, So if an OL is the guy in R1 that falls to us; so be it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has been inujry prone but all in all he has held up better than Zack which is kinda nuts.
They have a plan where they don't practice him that is working so no reason he shouldn't be back.
He is not a talker so doubt he wants to go into media or even coaching.
He may well be happy to play a very long-time then truly retire and live off of investments.
Well, he’s a free agent so nobody knows his plan or the cowboys plan

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Pro Football Network Final 2023 OL Rank

1. Philadelphia
  2. Baltimore
  3. Indianapolis
  4. Detroit
  5. Minnesota
  6. DALLAS
  7. Cleveland
  8. Green Bay
  9. Atlanta
  10. LA Rams
  11. Tampa Bay
  12. Las Vegas
  13. Denver
  14. Kansas City
  15. San Francisco
  16. Buffalo
  17. New England
  18. Houston
  19. Pittsburgh
  20. LA Chargers
  21. Cincinnati
  22. Arizona
  23. Miami
  24. Chicago
  25. Washington
  26. New Orleans
  27. Seattle
  28. Jacksonville
  29. Carolina
  30. NY Jets
  31. NY Giants
  32. Tennessee

6th ;) I remember some Dakster on here telling me this was one of the worst offensive lines we've had as an excuse and hinting that we could no longer say that Dak never had an offensive line as bad as Romo.

Nav22

Reaction score
"DURRRR 1 LESS EXCUSE FOR DAK!"

The rankings are based on the regular season.

Dak was literally an All-Pro QB this regular season, you weirdos.

Why would he need an "excuse"?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Well, he’s a free agent so nobody knows his plan or the cowboys plan
Of Course; but he was in the same spot last year.
Likely year to year now until he retires.

Dallas doesn thave tons of cap space but they obviously can find a way to pay a day 1 Ring of Honor/HoF starting LT.

1942willys

Reaction score
Yes they have.
But they arent opinion polls, they are based on analytics—though I've often had issue with their methods

Anyway, in this case, PFF fell in line with the other ranking that had Dallas top 10 or higher, so they were not an outlier
  • PFN (Pro Football Network)….5th
  • PlayerProfiler. Com…..tier of 3 through 10
  • PFF….8th….
so what is the difference between LOUSY analytics and opinions?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Overrated just like everything with the team.