Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
Personally I was disappointed. Most of the night was predictable.

Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. John Cena
Bobby Lashley (c) (with MVP) vs. Goldberg
The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio
Edge vs. Seth Rollins
Sheamus (c) vs. Damian Priest
Drew McIntyre vs. Jinder Mahal
Alexa Bliss vs. Eva Marie (with Doudrop)
AJ Styles and Omos (c) vs. RK-Bro (Randy Orton and Riddle)

That is 8 of 10 matches the winner was known before the damn PPV even began.

Another match melted down because Banks couldn't go, so in walks The Man - asks for a championship match - 2 minutes later she's the champ again. What the heck??????

In the other match, having Flair beat Nikki was also predictable. I really didn't care who won but all WWE did last night was devalue the MITB. Everyone knew it was joke that Nikki won MITB and a bigger joke when she pinned Flair. But to let Nikki have the belt only 4 weeks?

Please, just please, do not try to make a storyline about Lashley/Goldberg/Goldbergs injury/Gage.

I will give Vince a little credit. He sees what we all have been seeing for a long time. And knowing Punk was making a big splash return to AEW, he actually went out and did something about it getting Becky and Brock to return to WWE just 24 hours later. If he can capitalize on the little momentum bump from last night we'll have to see.

I don't know if you read wrestling writer Dave Meltzer, but he's taking the WWE to task for the Sasha-Bianca match, as well as the Bianca-Lynch match. He seems to think that the WWE knew about Sasha not being able to wrestle last night, but chose not to announce it until last night. He also said that the fans deserved more than a 27 second match between Becky and Bianca.

I'm just glad that I didn't buy this PPV.

Plankton

Reaction score
MJF beating Jericho, don't like it.

I disagree. It's the right booking. MJF is the best heel in pro wrestling today. Jericho is a future HOF'er. Jericho doesn't need the win, and he's also soon to go out on tour with his band. MJF is the future of the company.

MJF now has even more heat on him after he won, and the way that he won. Having him lined up to face the CM Punk's and Bryan Danielson's of the world will draw a lot of buzz.

RaZon

Reaction score
I disagree. It's the right booking. MJF is the best heel in pro wrestling today. Jericho is a future HOF'er. Jericho doesn't need the win, and he's also soon to go out on tour with his band. MJF is the future of the company.

MJF now has even more heat on him after he won, and the way that he won. Having him lined up to face the CM Punk's and Bryan Danielson's of the world will draw a lot of buzz.

I totally agree if talking what is best for business. And with Jericho going on tour it makes even more sense, I just hate to see him....tap out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite from this weekend!

All the Excitement in Wrestling right now. And they’re only adding to it.

I fully expect Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole, and Bray Wyatt to be debuting in short order too. Maybe they get Braun Strowman for good measure to add more size?

WWE is stocking the shelves for ‘em!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the Excitement in Wrestling right now. And they’re only adding to it.

I fully expect Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole, and Bray Wyatt to be debuting in short order too. Maybe they get Braun Strowman for good measure to add more size?

WWE is stocking the shelves for ‘em!
Yep I've been saying for weeks that Vince better do something and do something quick or they will be the 2nd tear pro wrestling company.

He did get Becky and Brock back. That tells me he can see the handwriting on the wall and actually made something happen.

rags

Reaction score
From all of the reports I've read, it looks like the plan is to turn Becky into a heel.

That means all of The Four Horsewomen are now heels.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep I've been saying for weeks that Vince better do something and do something quick or they will be the 2nd tear pro wrestling company.

He did get Becky and Brock back. That tells me he can see the handwriting on the wall and actually made something happen.

But take special note of that word - back.

He’s got high-priced people he can ‘bring back’, but very few up-and-coming less expensive stars in the pipeline. At this point, Vince and WWE are just going back to the same, dried-up well(s).

Lesnar probably extorted a king’s random out of McMahon. For a handful of yearly appearances.

My bigger issue is with Vince ruining the younger stars NXT creates for him. And then crying about not having new stars.

rags

Reaction score
But take special note of that word - back.

He’s got high-priced people he can ‘bring back’, but very few up-and-coming less expensive stars in the pipeline. At this point, Vince and WWE are just going back to the same, dried-up well(s).

Lesnar probably extorted a king’s random out of McMahon. For a handful of yearly appearances.

My bigger issue is with Vince ruining the younger stars NXT creates for him. And then crying about not having new stars.

Idle question.

What happened to Toni Storm?