Pro Wrestling Updates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like Scarlett let the cat out of the bag that she and Kross will be appearing on Dynamite.

I think the pair is a great get for AEW and that Vince dropped the ball on them big time.

rags

Reaction score
There's one spot left in the Women's Elimination Chamber match that will be held in Saudi Arabia on February 19th.

Who will get that spot? Asuka? Bayley? Lacey Evans? Someone else?

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I’m surprised at this news as they were both EVP’s for AEW and I did not think WWE would have interest.

Hard to say. I'm sure WWE would love to "steal" a name from AEW. Considering how unhappy he reportedly was at WWE I think it would be odd he would go back. Maybe money does by contentness.

This could all be a work.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to say. I'm sure WWE would love to "steal" a name from AEW. Considering how unhappy he reportedly was at WWE I think it would be odd he would go back. Maybe money does by contentness.

Or maybe the grass wasn’t greener on the other side? Despite Jacksonville Dixie paying him more than he’d ever made before.

This could all be a work.

I have considered that it could be a work too. And that it’s part of a heel turn and a situation similar to the Loose Cannon Brian Pillman in WCW way back when.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Or maybe the grass wasn’t greener on the other side? Despite Jacksonville Dixie paying him more than he’d ever made before.

I have considered that it could be a work too. And that it’s part of a heel turn and a situation similar to the Loose Cannon Brian Pillman in WCW way back when.

That is possible too.

Until something different happens I am honestly leaning towards a work. Not 100%, maybe 55-60%. If we were not talking pro wrestling I'd probably be 100% it is legit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is possible too.

Until something different happens I am honestly leaning towards a work. Not 100%, maybe 55-60%. If we were not talking pro wrestling I'd probably be 100% it is legit.

It piques interest no matter which way things go. That’s a big deal in pro wrestling.

rags

Reaction score
I've looked around on Twitter, and I see a lot of speculation but nothing concrete.

1. Cody wanted more money and Khan said no.

2. Brandi Rhodes is not well-liked in the women's locker room.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've looked around on Twitter, and I see a lot of speculation but nothing concrete.

1. Cody wanted more money and Khan said no.

Is Jacksonville Dixie finally running out of cash? Is Cody - like Chris Jericho years ago - the first to jump ship as the tide begins to turn?

2. Brandi Rhodes is not well-liked in the women's locker room.

Brandi Rhodes is disliked everywhere she goes. Just like she was BEFORE AEW. She’s talentless and gets undeserved standing and TV time because she’s Cody’s wife.

rags

Reaction score
Is Jacksonville Dixie finally running out of cash? Is Cody - like Chris Jericho years ago - the first to jump ship as the tide begins to turn?

Brandi Rhodes is disliked everywhere she goes. Just like she was BEFORE AEW. She’s talentless and gets undeserved standing and TV time because she’s Cody’s wife.

That doesn't surprise me to hear that about her. She hasn't wrestled, I don't think, since she had her baby.

Another thing I read was that she wants to be the women's champ, but Khan seems content to let Baker hold on to it.

rags

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see if Cody's and Brandi's departure from AEW gets mentioned on tonight's show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't surprise me to hear that about her. She hasn't wrestled, I don't think, since she had her baby.

Another thing I read was that she wants to be the women's champ, but Khan seems content to let Baker hold on to it.

If Brandi Rhodes is asking for or expecting that, she’s delusional and needed to go.

rags

Reaction score
Nothing was said about Cody and Brandi leaving AEW.

Cody's name did come up, but it had to do with a dog collar match he had against Brodie Lee. CM Punk has challenged MJF to a dog collar match at AEW's next PPV the first week of March.

Apparently, they have adopted the ignore the elephant that's sitting in the middle of the room strategy.

rags

Reaction score

A day or two ago, Cultaholic Wrestling had a YouTube video that had some of the women on AEW rushing to Brandi's defense. Damage control attempt?

The video is titled Steve Austin And Cody Rhodes WWE Return Update/MAJOR Wrestlemania 38 Surprise Planned

Advance the video to the 5:20 mark. Tried to post the URL for the video, but it wouldn't work.

Last edited: