Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
Programming note for tonight.

AEW Rampage will be on at a different time tonight, because TNT is covering the NBA All Star Weekend. Start time for AEW Rampage is 6:00 Central.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A day or two ago, Cultaholic Wrestling had a YouTube video that had some of the women on AEW rushing to Brandi's defense. Damage control attempt?

The video is titled Steve Austin And Cody Rhodes WWE Return Update/MAJOR Wrestlemania 38 Surprise Planned

Advance the video to the 5:20 mark. Tried to post the URL for the video, but it wouldn't work.

For me, actions speak louder than words. So the action that WWE is taking to bring Cody in and NOT Brandi speaks more loudly than a few tweets.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Programming note for tonight.

AEW Rampage will be on at a different time tonight, because TNT is covering the NBA All Star Weekend. Start time for AEW Rampage is 6:00 Central.
It's Friday night and you know what that means!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's Friday night and you know what that means!!!

roman-reigns-wwe.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage I'm looking forward too. SD, not at all. By the time I FF through all the Uso/Roman crap, junk matches and commercials, it's basically wasted 10 minutes of my time. My brother always says, maybe tonight is the night for a wardrobe malfunction. LOL!

So you’re that one person watching Rampage?
:laugh:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you’re that one person watching Rampage?
:laugh:
I've always watched going back to the beginning. For personal reasons I can't state, now I'm completely dialed into AEW. Aside from that I think it's just a better overall product than WWE right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always watched going back to the beginning. For personal reasons I can't state, now I'm completely dialed into AEW. Aside from that I think it's just a better overall product than WWE right now.

I couldn’t disagree with you more on this subject. For me, AEW is an unwatchable bush-league product with the highest botch rate in wrestling history. I can’t dull my brain enough to overlook things that make no sense and performers standing around for spot fest matches.

And not all of his Dad’s money will ever buy him enough live action wrestling figures for Jacksonville Dixie to have a successful, PROFITABLE company.

The desperation is obvious when every week there’s a new signing to try to prop up flagging ratings.

In the 90’s, fans were fooled into thinking WCW was a good product too, while that company signed anyone and everyone they could. History is repeating itself.

rags

Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree with you more on this subject. For me, AEW is an unwatchable bush-league product with the highest botch rate in wrestling history. I can’t dull my brain enough to overlook things that make no sense and performers standing around for spot fest matches.

And not all of his Dad’s money will ever buy him enough live action wrestling figures for Jacksonville Dixie to have a successful, PROFITABLE company.

The desperation is obvious when every week there’s a new signing to try to prop up flagging ratings.

In the 90’s, fans were fooled into thinking WCW was a good product too, while that company signed anyone and everyone they could. History is repeating itself.

Jacksonville Dixie. LOL!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

To this point, being profitable hasn't mattered.

It's not desperation that is driving these signings. It's Kahn's obsession. He literally can't help himself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To this point, being profitable hasn't mattered.

It has to at some point. That’s how business works.

It's not desperation that is driving these signings. It's Kahn's obsession. He literally can't help himself.

It reeks of desperation when there’s a new signing teased every other week to pop a rating. The original Dixie tried the same tactics and eventually it was tuned out as noise.

There comes a point where you have to use what you have and not rely on the next shiny object.

Based on ratings, there’s a core audience of about 800,000 for AEW. About 300,000 casuals tune in to see something different. But that overall number isn’t growing no matter how many people he signs.