Pro Wrestling Updates

DanteEXT

Reaction score
One show is hot and is on a network, the other is ice cold and is on cable. The results will be clear on this one, and not in dispute.
Hot or not, being on broadcast television will almost always be better for ratings vs cable. At best, you could compare each show's ratings vs previous weeks. But even that is prone (is that the right word?) to other factors, such as What's ahead for travelers during Thanksgiving 2023

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see that Rhonda Rousey appeared on ROH last night.

Tony Conned must have paid her a lot of money not to move the needle.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another big signing for AEW. Will Ospreay made it official.

As a WWE fan, I’m bummed. I think they could have made him a big star.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be interesting tonight when AEW Collision goes head-to-head against WWE Smackdown. Wonder who will be the ratings winner?
Here you go.

as many predicted, it haunted "Collision" again. Wrestlenomics reports that "SmackDown" drew 2.206 million viewers, as well as a 0.62 in the coveted 18-49 demo. Both numbers were vastly ahead of "Collision," which drew its lowest total viewership number in history at 270,000 viewers,

Read More: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1451824/wwe-smackdown-aew-collision-ratings-report-november-17-2023/

rags

Reaction score
Looks like Khan has learned his lesson on scheduling AEW shows head-to-head against Smackdown. This week, Collision and Rampage will air this week on Saturday night.

rags

Reaction score
Programming note:

Because the Fox network is airing a college football game, this week's episode of Smackdown will be on FS1. Start time is 7:00 Central.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t been surprised like this in a long time.

78242057-12791989-Punk_posed_with_WWE_legend_and_CCO_Triple_HHH_backstage_doing_H_-a-55_1700977622600.jpg

And I couldn’t get over the size that Randy Orton added in his time away! Dude looked like Batista!

Overall, a very eventful Survivor Series.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

78242057-12791989-Punk_posed_with_WWE_legend_and_CCO_Triple_HHH_backstage_doing_H_-a-55_1700977622600.jpg

And I couldn’t get over the size that Randy Orton added in his time away! Dude looked like Batista!

Something froze over it seems. I didn't watch the show. Just saw the headline so I checked out the end to hear the pop.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I knew it was happening and didn't understand why at the time I heard it. I still don't. He isn't going to fix what's wrong with WWE. In fact, he may make things worse.

rags

Reaction score
I knew it was happening and didn't understand why at the time I heard it. I still don't. He isn't going to fix what's wrong with WWE. In fact, he may make things worse.

I wonder how long he'll last at the WWE.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on ratings, attendance, and revenues, I don’t see much that’s wrong. Unlike that other company.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
It sounded amazing. An incredible experience for the live crowd.
They erupted for sure. Reminded of, what now, 10-11 years ago when the Rock had a surprise return. Believe that was the match with Cena run.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They erupted for sure. Reminded of, what now, 10-11 years ago when the Rock had a surprise return. Believe that was the match with Cena run.
I think there are few wrestlers more loved in their hometown than Punk in Chicago. The stars aligned with regard to location and timing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how long he'll last at the WWE.
That's a great question. He isn't a young man. Add to that his history with of causing problems. If he keeps his mouth shut and accepts his role he could last a few years. If he doesn't......

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on ratings, attendance, and revenues, I don’t see much that’s wrong.
Have the TV rating continued to slide as they have for the last 20 years or are they recovering? I'm asking because I don't know.

My guess is they are inching back up. It's hard to believe how much they have gone down over time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have the TV rating continued to slide as they have for the last 20 years or are they recovering? I'm asking because I don't know.
They’re definitely not at Attitude Era levels. And they never will be. But they’re good enough for TV contract raises every time they come up.

My guess is they are inching back up. It's hard to believe how much they have gone down over time.
They’re definitely doing better than they have in years. Highly profitable. Unlike others.

rags

Reaction score
Been seeing rumors about Bayley today. Since she took the loss for her Damage Control faction during War Games yesterday, the rumor is that she will get kicked out of Damage Control, and the WWE will turn her into a babyface.

Thoughts?