Pro Wrestling Updates

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Count me out. I don't and won't subscribe. No chance. (See what I did there? LOL!)

I should get my thank you card ready to send Vince to let him know I appreciate the extra free time I will have soon.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Count me out. I don't and won't subscribe. No chance. (See what I did there? LOL!)

I should get my thank you card ready to send Vince to let him know I appreciate the extra free time I will have soon.
Then there’s Always Embarrassing Wrestling.

They’re begging for a new cable deal.

Mactin

Reaction score
AEW needs the deal more than WB Discovery needs them and with the new deal WWE made it only going to put more pressure on Tony Khan to get the deal done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AEW needs the deal more than WB Discovery needs them and with the new deal WWE made it only going to put more pressure on Tony Khan to get the deal done.
I expect that WB Discovery is well aware of Khan’s desperation and will take advantage of that in any negotiations.

He needs them more than they need him.

And I expect another deal favorable to the network that will continue to force AEW to operate in the red as it is now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vince McMahon, Brock Lesnar and John Laurinaitis are in trouble. From what I've read so far it's pretty bad. Big trouble.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who ya got??? Only 4 matches scheduled. Rumbles could go in so many different directions it's impossible to predict. Surprise wrestlers always show up. This is my second favorite ppv of the year so I'm fairly amped up for this. OK just to throw some name out there. Men - Rhodes, Punk, Orton, Gunther (will we see Lesnar?). Women - Belair, Jax, Lynch (Sasha, Jade showing up?). We already know Roman will win. I hope like heck Owens beats Paul.

Royal Rumble (2024)​

No. Matches Stipulations
1. Men's Royal Rumble match 30-man Royal Rumble match for a world championship match at WrestleMania XL
2. Women's Royal Rumble match 30-woman Royal Rumble match for a women's championship match at WrestleMania XL
3. Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. LA Knight Fatal four-way match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
4. Logan Paul (c) vs. Kevin Owens Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

RoyalRumble24.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who ya got??? Only 4 matches scheduled. Rumbles could go in so many different directions it's impossible to predict. Surprise wrestlers always show up. This is my second favorite ppv of the year so I'm fairly amped up for this. OK just to throw some name out there. Men - Rhodes, Punk, Orton, Gunther (will we see Lesnar?). Women - Belair, Jax, Lynch (Sasha, Jade showing up?). We already know Roman will win. I hope like heck Owens beats Paul.

Royal Rumble (2024)​

No. Matches Stipulations
1. Men's Royal Rumble match 30-man Royal Rumble match for a world championship match at WrestleMania XL
2. Women's Royal Rumble match 30-woman Royal Rumble match for a women's championship match at WrestleMania XL
3. Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles vs. LA Knight Fatal four-way match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
4. Logan Paul (c) vs. Kevin Owens Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

RoyalRumble24.jpg
My predictions:

Women’s Rumble winner: 1) Lynch, 2) Bayley

Reigns retains. AJ Styles takes the fall.

Logan Paul retains the U.S. Title (sorry Big Dog!)

Cody Rhodes wins the Rumble again.

I’m envisioning Reigns defending the title for both nights of Wrestlemania. Successfully against the Rock in night one, before losing it to Cody the following night.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I turned on the Rumble sometime after it started, just as the 4-way title match entrances began. While I did get up a few times and missed a few minutes, Reigns as a singles competitor still bores me. I haven't watched WWE for some time, so maybe he's better outside of a 4-way match. I liked when he was the batting cleanup in the Shield with the three moves of doom. Short, sweet, and to the point. It was sort of like WCW Goldberg during the streak era. If I am honest, I'm just not a fan of the extended play version for either guy.

Didn't watch the next match and then only some of the men's Rumble before going to bed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't post the link but I found this interesting...

Kazuchika Okada officially became a free agent on February 1, making him the hottest commodity in the business and the subject of conversations within both WWE and AEW.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select confirmed the conversations:

"AEW has been fairly confident over the last month that they would land Kazuchika Okada, to the point to where there were tentative plans in place to debut Okada, which would be well over a month from now. We're told that AEW made what they consider a 'substantial offer.'

"WWE sources confirmed that there have been talks between Okada's side and WWE. There have been WWE talent that confirmed that over the last few weeks, Okada has been in contact with others on the roster to gauge his offers, WWE's approach, and to help weigh a decision. We have not heard of any creative plans in place for Okada, or any specific pitches that may or may not have been thrown his way."

Okada is one of the best wrestlers in the world and has been the face of New Japan Pro-Wrestling for the better part of the last decade.

The Rainmaker had an iconic series of matches with Kenny Omega that helped further confirm their status among the best in the business, while bouts with Tetsuya Naito, Will Osprey and others helped carry the promotion.

It's no surprise both AEW and WWE would be eager to add a star of that magnitude to their rosters.

AEW would likely be the favorite, if only because the 36-year-old has friends there, has worked with Tony Khan before and knows what to expect.

However, WWE is an intriguing prospect because it would provide him the opportunity to compete at WrestleMania, an event he has always wanted to compete in, per Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated.

Where Okada ultimately lands will be one of the hottest topics among fans for the foreseeable future, but whichever promotion it is will be getting an international star worthy of the financial investment and with the ability to deliver against any opponent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't post the link but I found this interesting...

Kazuchika Okada officially became a free agent on February 1, making him the hottest commodity in the business and the subject of conversations within both WWE and AEW.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select confirmed the conversations:

"AEW has been fairly confident over the last month that they would land Kazuchika Okada, to the point to where there were tentative plans in place to debut Okada, which would be well over a month from now. We're told that AEW made what they consider a 'substantial offer.'

"WWE sources confirmed that there have been talks between Okada's side and WWE. There have been WWE talent that confirmed that over the last few weeks, Okada has been in contact with others on the roster to gauge his offers, WWE's approach, and to help weigh a decision. We have not heard of any creative plans in place for Okada, or any specific pitches that may or may not have been thrown his way."

Okada is one of the best wrestlers in the world and has been the face of New Japan Pro-Wrestling for the better part of the last decade.

The Rainmaker had an iconic series of matches with Kenny Omega that helped further confirm their status among the best in the business, while bouts with Tetsuya Naito, Will Osprey and others helped carry the promotion.

It's no surprise both AEW and WWE would be eager to add a star of that magnitude to their rosters.

AEW would likely be the favorite, if only because the 36-year-old has friends there, has worked with Tony Khan before and knows what to expect.

However, WWE is an intriguing prospect because it would provide him the opportunity to compete at WrestleMania, an event he has always wanted to compete in, per Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated.

Where Okada ultimately lands will be one of the hottest topics among fans for the foreseeable future, but whichever promotion it is will be getting an international star worthy of the financial investment and with the ability to deliver against any opponent.
I think he would be a solid add for either company, but he’s not going to move the needle for either one. Certainly not AEW. They’ve added name after name for the past several years and the ratings and interest continue to decline.

The only real impact I could see for WWE is if they had big plans to get into the Japanese wrestling scene soon. He’d certainly help there.

rags

Reaction score
I think he would be a solid add for either company, but he’s not going to move the needle for either one. Certainly not AEW. They’ve added name after name for the past several years and the ratings and interest continue to decline.

The only real impact I could see for WWE is if they had big plans to get into the Japanese wrestling scene soon. He’d certainly help there.
If you watch AEW tonight, TK is supposed to have a big announcement. It's to either announce the signing of Okada or Mercedes Mone, aka Sasha Banks. On March 13, AEW is supposed to be in Boston, where Banks/ Mone is from. That may be her debut on AEW.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you watch AEW tonight, TK is supposed to have a big announcement. It's to either announce the signing of Okada or Mercedes Mone, aka Sasha Banks. On March 13, AEW is supposed to be in Boston, where Banks/ Mone is from. That may be her debut on AEW.
I saw that report. I have to think that Mar 13th will be Sasha’s debut.