Pro Wrestling Updates

Dunks3001

Reaction score
Legit question. Does WWE bringing in Rob Gronkowski bring in new viewers? Does it bring back old wrestling fans who feel out of it? Does it bring in NFL/Patriot fans who where never wrestling fans to begin with? Like in all seriousness what is WWE hoping to accomplish with this move? I heard earlier that ricochet would rather go back to NXT because he feels there is nothing for him on the main shows. But this guy is going to come in and have a role in WM and a match later down the line? How does this affect the morale of the other talent? I dunno. I get his a big name. But to use a metaphor from Jurassic Park.. Vince McMahon was so preoccupied with whether he could, the didn't stop to think if he should.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Legit question. Does WWE bringing in Rob Gronkowski bring in new viewers? Does it bring back old wrestling fans who feel out of it? Does it bring in NFL/Patriot fans who where never wrestling fans to begin with? Like in all seriousness what is WWE hoping to accomplish with this move? I heard earlier that ricochet would rather go back to NXT because he feels there is nothing for him on the main shows. But this guy is going to come in and have a role in WM and a match later down the line? How does this affect the morale of the other talent? I dunno. I get his a big name. But to use a metaphor from Jurassic Park.. Vince McMahon was so preoccupied with whether he could, the didn't stop to think if he should.

Yes, as much as I think no way, he has some mainstream appeal plus Patriot/NFL fan appeal that can bring in new eyeballs to his product out of curiosity, general interest, whatever. Then afterwards hope to convert a percentage of those to regular costumers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They're truly clueless.
:facepalm:

Talented wrestlers toil away in obscurity for years and hard-working, full-time performers are shoved to the wayside for over-the-hill has-been who can't do anything in the ring like Goldberg or those lining up for yet another payday like the Undertaker and Cena.

And once you can't compete in UFC anymore, there's always WWE and an easy paycheck for little work! Gronkowski will be the latest sad example of someone having to do the job for a non-wrestler outsider.

And now his talentless good buddy Mojo will be riding his coattails again as well.

I should just watch NXT and ignore everything else!
:banghead:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're 100% right.

The fact is that McMahon has lost it. He's gone from being smarter than all of the other promoters and putting them out of business to being a man who wastes millions and millions at every turn and has no idea what his audience wants anymore.

Hundreds of millions thrown away on his wife's miserable failed runs for office. And failing to learn his lesson the first time with the XFL and throwing away more money on round two.

And now, he's the sucker for every 'name' in the book, taken advantage of by anyone looking for an easy payday.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
Just heard SD is gonna be moved to the performance center this week because Detroit is banning large events. How is that going to play out on TV? You need a live audience for the basic formula of wrestling to work. Will be interesting to see. I guess they would just change all in ring promos to a backstage promos and leave the ring for only wrestling. Anything else would come off as too odd without an audience there

timb2

Reaction score
Rumors on some of the wrestlers from WWE.

Baron Corbin given the goofy King of the Ring gimmick as punishment for Corbin questioning WWE lead doctor on CTE.

The Revival given slapstick because their contract squabbles and not renewing their contracts

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A few names on that list that WWE is undoubtedly dropping the ball on.

But the Revival can go puns sane as far as I'm concerned. A good, solid tag team, but malcontents led by Scott Dawson's constant grumbling and thinking they're better than they are. Best of luck in your future endeavors fellas.

I think an ideal compromise would be some brand switching, as well as pairing some struggling singles stars up as part of a tag team. It's been a proven formula in the past and makes sense now given the state of the tag team divisions in WWE.

Unfortunately, all of these issues have Vince McMahon's personal fingerprints all over them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The city of Tampa is still going to allow Wrestlemania???

WWE has to make the right decision.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the big question is “will they make the right decision?”
Clearly WM should be suspended/postponed a couple of months until the virus scare is over. I know that really screws their plans up though.

Another problem WWE has is what to do with Raw and SD. SD wasn't very good Friday night. Their big pop moments just weren't without a live audience. That's going to happen again Monday with their big announcement of Stone Cold returning. His music will hit....then nothing. No big pop. No big chants when he is in the ring. Imagine him screaming for beers after he stuns someone, but no crowd cheering. That's just one example. So 3 hour show with no audience? Color me not interested.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly WM should be suspended/postponed a couple of months until the virus scare is over. I know that really screws their plans up though.

Another problem WWE has is what to do with Raw and SD. SD wasn't very good Friday night. Their big pop moments just weren't without a live audience. That's going to happen again Monday with their big announcement of Stone Cold returning. His music will hit....then nothing. No big pop. No big chants when he is in the ring. Imagine him screaming for beers after he stuns someone, but no crowd cheering. That's just one example. So 3 hour show with no audience? Color me not interested.

I can't think of another business as clearly affected by this situation like WWE.