Pro Wrestling Updates

timb2

Reaction score
WWE storyline Dolph Ziggler and Mandy Rose area real couple but the story is going to have that Dolph is cheating on Mandy with Sonya DeVille

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Raw was horrible. Over half the show was the recent mens Royal Rumble match. Which I've already seen!!! Stone Cold without a live audience is like watching paint dry. I love seeing him again. But to quote Ron Simmons....DAMN!!!!

They did announce WM will also be at the Performance Center and not Raymond James Stadium. Right decision to make. But their business model is going to REALLY suffer until they get live shows cranked up again.

This is actually WWE's chance to really shine. More people than ever are stuck at home. Add to that, there are no sports to watch. If WWE could come up with some killer content their viewership would increase and set themselves up for a strong finish to the year. I strongly doubt that happens though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Raw was horrible. Over half the show was the recent mens Royal Rumble match. Which I've already seen!!! Stone Cold without a live audience is like watching paint dry. I love seeing him again. But to quote Ron Simmons....DAMN!!!!

They did announce WM will also be at the Performance Center and not Raymond James Stadium. Right decision to make. But their business model is going to REALLY suffer until they get live shows cranked up again.

This is actually WWE's chance to really shine. More people than ever are stuck at home. Add to that, there are no sports to watch. If WWE could come up with some killer content their viewership would increase and set themselves up for a strong finish to the year. I strongly doubt that happens though.

That's an excellent point! They're running relatively unopposed in the sports venue at least. But I'd guess the news channels numbers are dominating everything under the circumstances.

A rumor for ya. Wrestlemania won't actually he held in April at the Performance Center but will be postponed to a June event at Madison Square Garden.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A rumor for ya. Wrestlemania won't actually he held in April at the Performance Center but will be postponed to a June event at Madison Square Garden.
What the??? Where did you dig that up from? I haven't heard anything about that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the??? Where did you dig that up from? I haven't heard anything about that.

A rumor making the rounds is this:

WWE has a huge insurance policy on the event, and apparently they can't cancel the event themselves. And one of the provisions to collect is that if they are unable to hold it at Point A (Tampa), they need to try to hold it at Point B (Performance Center). They are expecting the state of Florida to shut down that show as well (given the number of people that would simply be working there). Their eventual plan is to then hold the event in June at Madison Square Garden (provided things are some semblance of normal by then).

rags

Reaction score
If you saw Smackdown tonight, I think that the BFF relationship between Sasha and Bayley is about to be over.

rags

Reaction score
Don't forget that tonight ESPN is supposed to air WM 30 at 6 PM Central time.

rags

Reaction score
WWE storyline Dolph Ziggler and Mandy Rose area real couple but the story is going to have that Dolph is cheating on Mandy with Sonya DeVille

Isn't Sonya gay in real life?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ugh...

WrestleMania To Stream As Two-Night Event With Host Rob Gronkowski In Wake Of Coronavirus Outbreak – Update

Dino-Ray Ramos
March 18, 2020

wrestlemania.jpg

UPDATE: The WWE is giving not one, but two helpings of WrestleMania this year. For the first time ever, WrestleMania will be held as two-night event which will be hosted by Super Bowl Champion Rob Gronkowski.

The event, which will take place on a closed set with only essential personnel, will be streamed April 4 and 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and available on pay-per-view.

PREVIOUS: Wrestlemania 36 has modified the annual event and hasn’t canceled, although events surrounding it will not take place due to the coronavirus outbreak. The popular wrestling event is still set to take place on April 5 in Tampa, Florida at the Raymond James Stadium and will be streamed live from a different location.

Read the official statement released by the WWE:

In coordination with local partners and government officials, WrestleMania and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place. However, WrestleMania will still stream live on Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view. Only essential personnel will be on the closed set at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida to produce WrestleMania.

Much more: https://deadline.com/2020/03/wrestlemania-canceled-coronavirus-wwe-tampa-1202881422/

OK so we get a 4 day weekend of SmackDown, WM, WM and Raw. This is Vince's chance to cash in with no sports currently. Will he siege the moment or screw it up? Also, this moves WWE's HOF ceremony to Thursday night April 2nd.

rags

Reaction score
If people know that Sonya is gay, are the wrestling fans going to buy the Dolph-Sonya relationship?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No he is just terrible on the mic. Hence, the presence of Paul Heyman.

giphy.gif

Funny how Lesnar can keep a mouthpiece while managers have been otherwise phased out of the business. That was always their role (along with cheating for the heels), talking for those who lacked the gift of gab.

But the rules have never applied for Lesnar. Older wrestlers tried unsuccessfully for years to get reduced schedules because of the grind of the wrestler schedule, but Vince would never go for it. And careers were cut short or ended entirely. But Brock gets whatever Brock wants, and gets paid millions for 8 - 10 appearances a year. Managers are phased out, but Brock gets an 'advocate' to handle things for him on the mic. Always a double standard for Lesnar.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The updated WWE Wrestlemania 36 lineup:

*WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre.

*WWE Universal Champion Bill Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns.

*WWE Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler.

*Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena.

*WWE NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair.

*The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles - Boneyard Match.

*Randy Orton vs. Edge in a Last Man Standing Match.

*WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley vs. Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina vs. Naomi.

*Elias vs. Baron Corbin.

*WWE Raw Tag Team Champions The Street Profits vs. WWE United States Champion Andrade & Angel Garza.

*Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz vs. The Usos or New Day.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found this last Saturday (Sorry!) but I'm just now posting. Hang on....

PWInsider.com has confirmed the taping schedule over the next several days is slated, pending last second changes, to be:

Tomorrow, WWE will indeed be taping NXT material.

Monday, WWE will broadcast a live episode of Monday Night Raw.

Tuesday, the company will film two episodes of Raw, effectively taking them to Monday 4/6.

They will then tape portions of Wrestlemania 36 on Wednesday and Thursday trying to make the best out of this situation.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/134914/wwe-taping-updates.html?p=1

OK so basically what Vince has decided to do is....tape the WM matches Wednesday and Thursday of this week. With WM not this weekend but next weekend. I don't know about y'all, but that's a load of crap.

What is worse than watching rasslin' in a empty studio? Watching rasslin' on tape that is from the same empty studio.

I hope the results get leaked. It will serve Vince right. I understand these aren't normal times, but still!