Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
Two programming notes for tonight.

1. Last night's episode of Smackdown is supposed to be shown again tonight at 7:00 Central on FS1.

2. An episode of AEW Dynamite is supposed to be on tonight, also at 7:00 Central, on TNT.

rags

Reaction score
Just saw on YouTube that NXT is cleaning house.

They have released the following:

Killian Dain

Fandango

Tyler Breeze

Tony Nese

Ariya Davari

August Grey

Ever-Rise (Chase Parker and Matt Martel)

Curt Stallion

The Bollywood Boyz (Sunil and Samir Singh)

Arturo Ruas

Marina Shafir

With all of these people released, I wonder if the show 205 Live will be done away with as well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Released NXT Talents Were Supposed To Be Part Of Diamond Mine
By Eric Mutter
June 27, 2021

In another sign of how quickly plans can change in WWE, two recently released NXT talents were in the brand’s creative plans. According to Fightful Select, both Arturo Ruas and Marina Sharif were planned to be part of of the Diamond Mine stable that debuted on NXT TV this past Tuesday.

Fightful Select also reported that Ruas, a former jujitsu fighter and amateur wrestler who represented Brazil at the 2011 Pan American Games, was scheduled to be one of the original members of the group as late as mid June. He was instead informed a few days ahead of the stable’s debut that he would be left out. Sharif, a member of the MMA Four Horsewomen with Ronda Rousey, Shayna Bazler and Jessamyn Duke, was pegged to be the female enforcer of the group, and prior to her release was still expected to join Diamond Mine at a later date.

Instead both Ruas and Sharif were released from WWE this past Friday, along with Ariya Daivari, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Tony Nese, Curt Stallion, Tino Sabotelli, the Bollywood Boys (Samir and Sunil Singh), Ever-Rise (Matt Martel and Chase Parker) and writer Kenice Mobley. Ruas last appearance was a loss to Kushida on the November 18, 2020 episode of NXT, while Sharif last appeared on the January 27 edition of 205 Live, teaming with Zoey Starks to take on Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart in a losing effort.

There is no word on if any more members will be added to the Diamond Mine, which are managed by Malcolm Bivens and feature Japanese star Hideki Suzuki, Tyler Rust and Roderick Strong, Sharif’s husband. Strong’s inclusion in the group marked his return to NXT following a hiatus in April after the split of his former stable, Undisputed Era.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...d-mine/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Remember the New WWE writer says ‘they did not require me to know anything about wrestling’ article I posted a few days ago about Kenice Mobley the standup comedian who was recently hired to be a writer for WWE on the Monday Night Raw brand? BYE!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Released NXT Talents Were Supposed To Be Part Of Diamond Mine
By Eric Mutter
June 27, 2021

In another sign of how quickly plans can change in WWE, two recently released NXT talents were in the brand’s creative plans. According to Fightful Select, both Arturo Ruas and Marina Sharif were planned to be part of of the Diamond Mine stable that debuted on NXT TV this past Tuesday.

Fightful Select also reported that Ruas, a former jujitsu fighter and amateur wrestler who represented Brazil at the 2011 Pan American Games, was scheduled to be one of the original members of the group as late as mid June. He was instead informed a few days ahead of the stable’s debut that he would be left out. Sharif, a member of the MMA Four Horsewomen with Ronda Rousey, Shayna Bazler and Jessamyn Duke, was pegged to be the female enforcer of the group, and prior to her release was still expected to join Diamond Mine at a later date.

Instead both Ruas and Sharif were released from WWE this past Friday, along with Ariya Daivari, Fandango, Tyler Breeze, Tony Nese, Curt Stallion, Tino Sabotelli, the Bollywood Boys (Samir and Sunil Singh), Ever-Rise (Matt Martel and Chase Parker) and writer Kenice Mobley. Ruas last appearance was a loss to Kushida on the November 18, 2020 episode of NXT, while Sharif last appeared on the January 27 edition of 205 Live, teaming with Zoey Starks to take on Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart in a losing effort.

There is no word on if any more members will be added to the Diamond Mine, which are managed by Malcolm Bivens and feature Japanese star Hideki Suzuki, Tyler Rust and Roderick Strong, Sharif’s husband. Strong’s inclusion in the group marked his return to NXT following a hiatus in April after the split of his former stable, Undisputed Era.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...d-mine/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Remember the New WWE writer says ‘they did not require me to know anything about wrestling’ article I posted a few days ago about Kenice Mobley the standup comedian who was recently hired to be a writer for WWE on the Monday Night Raw brand? BYE!

They look to be in disarray, changing plans and direction haphazardly without long term thinking. Release Samoa Joe only to quickly rehire him? Release Black and then talk about re-signing him as well?

And now planning to put people in their newest faction only to release them days after the group’s TV debut?

Says dysfunction and disorganization to me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They look to be in disarray, changing plans and direction haphazardly without long term thinking. Release Samoa Joe only to quickly rehire him? Release Black and then talk about re-signing him as well?

And now planning to put people in their newest faction only to release them days after the group’s TV debut?

Says dysfunction and disorganization to me.
Vince strikes again.

rags

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with the name Jamie Hayter? I think she is a British title holder. Anyway, she is getting a tryout with the WWE. She had to give up her title belt by doing this.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WWE Rumors on Vince McMahon, WWE Draft; Samoa Joe Talks WWE Release, Return
ADAM WELLS
JUNE 29, 2021

Bleacher Report catches you up on the latest news from the WWE Universe.

Vince McMahon Reportedly Scouting Talent

Amid rumblings that the main roster could add an influx of talent from NXT, WWE chairman Vince McMahon is reportedly taking a close look at developmental talent.

Per Fightful Select (h/t Marc Middleton of Wrestling Inc.), McMahon has been scouting the WWE Performance Center as "part of a major scouting effort to replenish WWE's main roster, which has been hit recently with releases and repeat booking."

Even though WWE is in a great financial position thanks largely to its television contracts, there have been indications from the TV ratings that fans are bored with the direction of the product.

One problem with WWE booking for years is the constant reliance on rematches, even for feuds that don't seem to have any reason for them.

For example, Roman Reigns destroyed Edge and Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 37 to the point he stacked both of his opponents on top of each other for the pinfall to leave no doubt that he was better than both.

Friday night on SmackDown, Edge returned and is restarting his feud with Reigns because WWE has had the Head of the Table obliterate every other babyface on the roster and there's no one available to fight for the title at Money in the Bank.

McMahon has promised in the past to shake things up and stop relying on rematches only to fall back into his usual pattern of booking.

As long as he is serious about changing things this time, WWE has such a deep well of talent to mine from that there's no reason to think the company can't create several new top Superstars to liven things up.

Update on WWE Draft

Speaking of the current state of WWE's main roster, there remains a lot of chatter about the draft later this summer.

Andrew Zarian of Mat Men Pro Wrestling Podcast previously reported the draft is likely to take place Aug. 30 and Sept. 3.

According to PW Insider (h/t Middleton), several top NXT Superstars have been working dark matches on Raw and SmackDown in recent weeks "so that officials can get a better look at them as they prepare to call them up to the main roster."

The NXT stars who have been featured in dark matches lately include Karrion Kross, Scarlett, Bronson Reed and Shotzi Blackheart.

Kross and Scarlett, assuming WWE wants them as a duo on the main roster, would make the most sense for a call-up during the draft. He's been a dominant force on NXT since debuting in May 2020.

The entire presentation of Kross and Scarlett is one of the best things currently going in NXT. There's no clear top contender to challenge for the title after he defeated Pete Dunne, Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole in a Fatal 5-Way match at NXT Takeover: In Your House.

Reed and Blackheart were two of NXT's breakout stars last year. Their star is clearly ascending, so it would make sense to maximize their value on the main roster as soon as possible.

Samoa Joe Talks WWE Release, Comeback

Samoa Joe had an eventful two-month period, starting in April when he was among 10 people released by WWE.

Two weeks ago, Joe returned to the company in NXT as William Regal's enforcer. Mike Johnson of PW Insider reported that Triple H led the effort to re-sign the two-time NXT champion.

Appearing on the Out of Character with Ryan Satin podcast (h/t Drew Rice of Wrestling Inc.), Joe called his release a "weird" situation that started with a call from WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis:

"Johnny [Ace] called me, and I thought it was a rare call from Johnny. 'Hey, what's up Johnny? How are you doing?' and he told me, 'Hey listen, we're going to have to release you from your contract.' And I was like, 'Ok. Cool.' [And Johnny said], 'Hey Joe, we think the world of you and would love to work with you again.' And I was like, 'All right, absolutely Johnny.'"

Joe added that it was only "a few hours later" that Triple H called him to let him know that he wanted to bring him back.

"Then we had a brief conversation, which was essentially, 'Give us a bit of time, I'll work out a package and we'll be talking soon.' And I said, 'All right, that's totally fine. I have no problem with that.' And it led to my return back to NXT."

As for Joe's status as a wrestler, he hasn't competed since February 2020 when he suffered a concussion during a commercial shoot.

While it's unclear if Joe will be medically cleared to wrestle in WWE ever again, he said "yes" when asked by Satin if he was looking to resume his in-ring career at some point.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-wwe-draft-samoa-joe-talks-wwe-release-return

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Photo: Released WWE Superstar Shows Off Incredible Physique
By Sai Mohan |June 28, 2021

aalyah-mysterio-murphy.jpg

Released WWE Superstar Buddy Murphy took to Instagram on Sunday to share a picture of his impressive physical transformation.

Murphy wrote that the chip on his shoulder “is getting bigger” and that he’s in the process of looking in the mirror and evaluating.

Sometimes we gotta look in the mirror and evaluate… I’m evaluating! And the chip on my shoulder is getting bigger! Watch out! I’m the hungriest wolf!

Murphy was among the six WWE Superstars released earlier this month as part of the company’s budget cuts. Following his release, Murphy issued a statement in which he vowed to show the wrestling world why he was WWE’s “Best Kept Secret” as he embarks upon his post-WWE career.

In the aftermath of his release, a report noted that a lot of indie promoters have "significant interest" in booking Murphy as they believe in his ability to have “dream matches” with top indie wrestlers.

Murphy’s standard 90-day non-compete clause with WWE expires on Tuesday, August 31.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alberto Del Rio Is Interested In A WWE Return
By Marc Middleton |June 28, 2021

alberto-del-rio-patron.jpg

Former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio (aka Alberto El Patron) says he’s open to a WWE return, and even a potential Hall of Fame induction.

Alberto recently spoke with Riju Dasgupta of Sportskeeda and said the first thing he would do after possibly re-signing would be to apologize to WWE for his past mistakes. Alberto had his share of issues while with WWE, and while away from the company, and has expressed remorse over the past. He noted that he didn’t realize the hardships of being a wrestling promoter, but now he can relate and he understands that it was all just business at the end of the day.

“Of course, first of all, I would say thank you. Thank you for the opportunity, and sorry for the mistakes I made,” Alberto said of a potential WWE return. “I just didn’t know. Sometimes I would just, I did it because it was personal. Now, as a promoter, I know there is nothing personal in pro wrestling. It’s just business. I’m sorry for my mistakes.”

Alberto admitted he was going through a difficult time in his life when he last worked for WWE in 2016. He commented on how he was going through a divorce, and dealing with depression.

“No excuse, but I was also going through a difficult time in my life when I got divorced,” he said. “I lost a fantastic woman, the mother of my children, for my mistakes, and that put me in a deep depression. But that’s just for me to handle. It’s not an excuse. It takes a toll on you and your body, and your mind and your spirit. So, I will say thank you and sorry, and I would do it again.”

The 44 year old Alberto noted that he has no plans of moving back to Mexico, and feels like he needs to show WWE that he has changed for the better. He also said he wants his actions to do the talking.

Alberto first signed with WWE in 2009 and was released in August 2014 following an incident with an employee. He returned to the company in October 2015, for a run that lasted until September 2016. Del Rio is a two-time WWE Champion, a two-time WWE World Heavyweight Champion, a two-time WWE United States Champion, a one-time Royal Rumble winner, and a one-time Money In the Bank winner.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/alberto-del-rio-is-interested-in-a-wwe-return/

rags

Reaction score
The people who wanted Ronda Rousey to return to the WWE are going to have to wait a while. I saw on YouTube today that she and husband Travis Browne are expecting a baby girl later this year.

rags

Reaction score
In case you didn't hear the news, Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch got married today.

rags

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite is back at its regularly scheduled time of 7:00 Central tonight on TNT.

All is right with the world.

rags

Reaction score
2 wrestling notes:

1. WWE wrestler Jimmy Uso was pulled over in Pensacola Monday night for DUI. The legal limit in Florida is .08. His breath test came back at .202 and .205.

2. WWE wrestler Dana Brooke is engaged to boxer Ulysses Diaz.