Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
CM Punk rumored to be discussing a return to wrestling with AEW.

Did Punk come down on his price? Last year, AEW's Cody Rhodes said Punk was asking for a huge sum of money, so AEW passed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Punk come down on his price? Last year, AEW's Cody Rhodes said Punk was asking for a huge sum of money, so AEW passed.

I doubt it. Like the rest, he sees the easy money to be made from Jacksonville Dixie for doing little work. I can’t blame him. Just like WCW and TNA, get the easy money while it lasts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I don't think you'll be seeing Lesnar anytime soon.

I disagree. Lesnar is the one guy who has Vince McMahon wrapped around his finger. Brock will get whatever his asking price is, for a minimum of appearances. He’s always been able to negotiate deals that no one else ever could.

rags

Reaction score
I disagree. Lesnar is the one guy who has Vince McMahon wrapped around his finger. Brock will get whatever his asking price is, for a minimum of appearances. He’s always been able to negotiate deals that no one else ever could.

When do you think we'll see Lesnar again? WM in April?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When do you think we'll see Lesnar again? WM in April?

I would say potentially Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble and lead up to Wrestlemania. Apparently they wanted him fur SummerSlam but he wasn’t ready to come back so they couldn’t work out a deal.

So we get Oldberg the consolation prize.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he only wants to wrestle in front of the largest crowds. My money is Jerry World with a capacity of nearly 100,000.

Lesnar just cares about the $$$ that Vince pays him per appearance.

That’s it.

The issue is that Vince needs those people buying tickets in order to afford to PAY the big money guys like Lesnar.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rumors now saying that AEW has also signed Daniel Bryan as well. If they got both he and a returning CM Punk, they’ll have huge buzz and momentum to potentially compete with WWE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Samoa Joe’s WWE In-Ring Return Set
By Drew Rice |July 21, 2021

Samoa Joe is set to face Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship at NXT TakeOver 36 on August 22, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

This would be Joe’s first wrestling match in over a year. His last match took place on a February 10, 2020 episode of Monday Night Raw where he teamed with Kevin Owens and The Viking Raiders in a loss to Seth Rollins, the Authors Of Pain, and Murphy.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/07/samoa-joes-wwe-in-ring-return-set/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More On Daniel Bryan Possibly Signing With AEW, His Debut Date
By Eric Mutter |July 21, 2021

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...t-date/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm all for it. Personally I'm not a goat face fan but like he is a wrestler and not a fighter. I know he is a huge fan favorite and AEW signing him should really get Vince's attention.

I’m a HUGE fan of his. He sees wrestling- and life in general - in much the same ways that I do. I think his loss is a tremendous one for WWE, and a huge coup for AEW. I will really miss seeing him.

I can’t help but to have a feeling of deja vu and flashbacks to how the WEF allowed WCW to become a competitor by falling asleep at the wheel and letting talent after talent get away.

If Shad Khan is willing to dish out money while AEW is in the red for a few years, McMahon may have more if a fight than he bargained for. And more than he himself has the energy to handle.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think his loss is a tremendous one for WWE, and a huge coup for AEW.

If Shad Khan is willing to dish out money while AEW is in the red for a few years, McMahon may have more if a fight than he bargained for. And more than he himself has the energy to handle.
Man I agree with every single word of that post!

Just think - AEW could add Bryan, Strowman and Punk in the next 60 days. All former WWE champions. Vince better start making better decisions soon or he might be looking up at AEW in the tv ratings.