Pro Wrestling Updates

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Update On Daniel Bryan & CM Punk Possibly Signing With AEW
By Chris Stephens

Recent reports have surfaced suggesting that both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are likely to sign with AEW. This was addressed recently on Wrestling Observer Radio.

“I don’t know if either of those two are signed right now. I would not be surprised if Bryan Danielson signed but I do not know that to be a fact,” said Dave Meltzer. “As far as CM Punk, I know they’ve been talking to him for awhile. I know they’ve been talking to Bryan Danielson for awhile as well.”

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

rags

Reaction score
If you missed last Friday night's episode of Smackdown, it will be repeated tonight at 6:00 Central on FS1.

rags

Reaction score
By Chris Stephens

Recent reports have surfaced suggesting that both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are likely to sign with AEW. This was addressed recently on Wrestling Observer Radio.

“I don’t know if either of those two are signed right now. I would not be surprised if Bryan Danielson signed but I do not know that to be a fact,” said Dave Meltzer. “As far as CM Punk, I know they’ve been talking to him for awhile. I know they’ve been talking to Bryan Danielson for awhile as well.”

More excited about the Danielson signing than the Punk signing. Punk hasn't wrestled in 7 years. Last I saw, Father Time is undefeated.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More excited about the Danielson signing than the Punk signing. Punk hasn't wrestled in 7 years. Last I saw, Father Time is undefeated.

Danielson is definitely the better add from an in-ring perspective. And the guy eats, sleeps, and breathes wrestling. He will help even more out of the ring than in it. As selfless as it comes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Chris Stephens

AEW is becoming more legitimate competition every day.

RaZon

Reaction score
Took awhile but now it's AEW then WWE.

Not a fan of the little guys, but.....

rags

Reaction score
Rasslin's on FS1. A repeat of last Friday night's Smackdown.

rags

Reaction score
Toni Storm is supposed to make her debut tonight on SD. From what I've read, she's supposed to be a babyface.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Danielson is definitely the better add from an in-ring perspective. And the guy eats, sleeps, and breathes wrestling. He will help even more out of the ring than in it. As selfless as it comes.

If one or both of those guys go to AEW I may have to subscribe to Sling again so I can watch.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If one or both of those guys go to AEW I may have to subscribe to Sling again so I can watch.

I hear you. I tried but couldn’t get into AEW as I found it too bush league but if they get both of these guys, I may give it another shot.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I hear you. I tried but couldn’t get into AEW as I found it too bush league but if they get both of these guys, I may give it another shot.

I had become disillusioned with WWE main product and gravitated to Ring of Honor (and a bit of New Japan) during the whole Bullet Club craze. So AEW is, to me, ROH with a budget. At least when I was watching it regularly.

Sadly I lost interest in ROH but it wasn't the actual in ring stuff. I was recording their weekly TV even after AEW then they changed the format from a standard canned wrestling show to more of a clip show so I stopped watching.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had become disillusioned with WWE main product and gravitated to Ring of Honor (and a bit of New Japan) during the whole Bullet Club craze. So AEW is, to me, ROH with a budget. At least when I was watching it regularly.

Sadly I lost interest in ROH but it wasn't the actual in ring stuff. I was recording their weekly TV even after AEW then they changed the format from a standard canned wrestling show to more of a clip show so I stopped watching.

I'm a WWE guy as I think that overall they have the best business model and quality of presentation, as well as more of the best in-ring talents in the world, because they can afford to pay well and have the eyes on the product. But recent decision-making has me growing disillusioned yet again and I feel that Vince McMahon has lost it and is at this point a detriment to his company and is hurting it.

I'm watching wrestling in general less and less and there's really not much getting me excited enough to change that. NXT is about all I watch on a regular basis, and even that has dropped off and I've skipped a few recent shows. I do check out most of the PPV's and will likely still watch SummerSlam, but my overall interest is low. And between watching guys like Aleister Black getting undeservedly released and now news of Bryan and potentially Punk signing with AEW, I'm pretty well disgusted.

RaZon

Reaction score
Great to have CM Punk back, but,......at his age now he will play along,no more rebel if smart.

Surprised he actually thought the MMA was a legit option.

rags

Reaction score
According to www.sportskeeda.com. Randy Orton will return to RAW the first week of August. He's not hurt. He just requested a little time off.

Also, according to www.sportskeeda.com, the WWE is having second thoughts about Braun Strowman. Since the AEW has signed CM Punk and Brian Danielson, they may be considering bringing Strowman back. Stay tuned.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to www.sportskeeda.com. Randy Orton will return to RAW the first week of August. He's not hurt. He just requested a little time off.

Also, according to www.sportskeeda.com, the WWE is having second thoughts about Braun Strowman. Since the AEW has signed CM Punk and Brian Danielson, they may be considering bringing Strowman back. Stay tuned.

It’s amazing to me that a billion dollar company can release talent and so quickly have ‘second thoughts’.

1. They released Samoa Joe and quickly changed their minds and brought him back.
  2. They released Black and changed their mind on him but he had already decided to sign with AEW (they even screwed up on his no compete clause!)
  3. And now word comes that they want Strowman back
Time for a change in (mis)management.