Probowl and Dak

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Where's the tape? Prove it.

giving out unreasonable homework now? Beyond maybe finding a passing chart to show that Dak didn't throw very often beyond 15 yards, I really don't care to spend much time finding tape and work to post it on here. I'll believe what analysts have said about the cushions given to Dak during the Rams game; they usually don't have reasons to lie, and it has been a known problem of his muched talked about since 2017, and a concern even admitted by the Cowboys this preseason when they said they were working on fixing it.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What's really funny is that the Dak lovers that bash Romo said "Those are just excuses" when those arguments were applied to Romo, and now they use the exact same wording they poo-poo'd to defend Dak with.

They're different QB's with different styles. Both face/faced some of the same hurdles. There are obvious differences in issues and techniques, but Romo worked out most of his, as I expect that Dak will. Romo was too impulsive early in his career. Dak is too careful and hesitates too often when he should pull the trigger. One both both QB's share that aren't team-related. Romo never learned that throwing the ball away is a much better play than taking the sack. Dak seems to be refusing to learn that one too.

I expect that with even more experience and coaching, Dak will learn to read the field faster and better and be able to scan through open receivers faster. Doing that will help with the sack rate. He still needs to work on his footwork (which will improve his accuracy a little), he can work on accuracy and throwing mechanics, and work on pocket awareness. He has plenty of arm strength, he's athletic enough. He is certainly smart enough. His leadership is fantastic. Unlike Romo, Dak has a healthy dose of luck while Romo seemed almost cursed. That can make a huge difference. Contrary to some rhetoric on this board, both are/were fantastic in the 4th quarter. For the most part, Dak has a better team surrounding him, but that doesn't discount what he brings to the Cowboys. If he keeps working in the off-season on his game like Romo did, he'll be even better than he already is, which is something the Cowboys need.

People comparing the two rarely take into consideration that their play styles are so different that a direct comparison doesn't quite work. If you gave me a Romo at his best and a Dak at his best and asked me which I'd start, I'd select Romo every time, but that's because of his experience and knowledge. Give Dak the time and that might change. I don't see the need to bash one to raise the other. They're both good. They just have slightly different skill sets.

Well the excuses of Bad Coaching, Problems with the offensive line, and many of the other ones are real. Some of the excuses are made up, like when Dak Supporters were blaming Zeke earlier in the year.

The Bad Coaching, that is one that isn't going to change, and I've never used that as an excuse for Romo. Bad Coaching is pretty much a given here, as long as Jerry keeps hiring puppets for coaches, and I think people just don't know why the Dak supporters keep bringing this up. Obviously, if you are a Quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys you have to overcome the coaching. So it falls on deaf ears, the whining of the coaching, when through most of the Romo years we had bad coaching, minus the brief time Parcells was here. And we had bad coaching here after Jerry fired Jimmy. I mean, isn't it the norm?

The whining about the offensive line, that falls on deaf ears because we've seen Romo have bad offensive lines, and still be able to do things with them, and this offensive line this year isn't *that* bad. It isn't the elite line that Dak had in 2016, it has become average, but it isn't really a bad offensive line, and on top of that some of Daks woes are self inflicted when we've seen him run forward right into the pass rush, instead of doing the imitation of the Jedi Romo that he was doing back in 2016. And looking at the romo years, he started out with a good offensive line, the one we had in 2007, and like a TV commentator once said, that line grew old one day, as if it was overnight. So there are many of us expecting Dak to have much worse offensive lines than the one we have now, and hearing all these people whine about how it is the worse, well it just makes us think of the reality of how much worse it will actually get. So well the Dak crowd in effect is trying to reassure people that Dak will get better with a better offensive line, while the other side realizes that Dak will have a worse offensive line than he has now eventually, so that reassurance has somewhat the opposite effect.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
giving out unreasonable homework now? Beyond maybe finding a passing chart to show that Dak didn't throw very often beyond 15 yards, I really don't care to spend much time finding tape and work to post it on here. I'll believe what analysts have said about the cushions given to Dak during the Rams game; they usually don't have reasons to lie, and it has been a known problem of his muched talked about since 2017, and a concern even admitted by the Cowboys this preseason when they said they were working on fixing it.
Without tape, you've got nothing. Absolutely nothing but biased heresay.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Don't have the facts so you running around the bush now. With a number 1 receiver Dak has been top 5 in QBR
No, you made a goofy point to go along with a goofy thread and I called you out on it.

Dak had a 86.6 passer rating in his second season. That had him ranked 16th overall. This was when he didnt have Zeke for 6 of the games (his passer rating in those 6 games was 76.6)

You moved goalposts and said he was top 5 in the goofy espn stat QBR.

To diminish your point, I asked you what was his QBR this past season. He was ranked 17th which is why you didnt want to answer my question.

His passer rating was 87.4 the games without Amari Cooper, this past season. This is proving my point. He needs top weapons at the skills position to look decent. Alfred Morris averaged more ypc than Zeke last season, and Dak still looked bad without Zeke.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I'll take the QB who is clutch, especially at the end of games, not the one who chokes.

Rqbc121.jpg

hHGijnd.jpg

WHV1qez.jpg

Had enough or do you want some more? :popcorn:

Goofy Post

4th quarter Stats:
Romo:
65% completion
9202 yards
8.4 ypa
75 Tds
30 Int
103 rating

Dak:
64% completion
3179 yards
7.7 ypa
20 Tds
9 Int
95 rating

One of these QBs played better than their career average in the 4th quarter, while the other played worse

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
No, you made a goofy point to go along with a goofy thread and I called you out on it.

Dak had a 86.6 passer rating in his second season. That had him ranked 16th overall. This was when he didnt have Zeke for 6 of the games (his passer rating in those 6 games was 76.6)

You moved goalposts and said he was top 5 in the goofy espn stat QBR.

To diminish your point, I asked you what was his QBR this past season. He was ranked 17th which is why you didnt want to answer my question.

His passer rating was 87.4 the games without Amari Cooper, this past season. This is proving my point. He needs top weapons at the skills position to look decent. Alfred Morris averaged more ypc than Zeke last season, and Dak still looked bad without Zeke.
I didn't move any goal post. Dak was number 3 is total QBR his rookie season and number 4 last season. You the one who wants to pick and choose which games to count and not count.

You have a double standard. You want to use all this year's QBR to show Dak was 17th but pick and choose which games to use last season. Name 1 QB that doesn't need a top target to post good numbers. You can't, you want to put Dak down because number wise he was one of the best once he got Cooper but subpar with no receiving threats.

Mahomes has Hill, Travis and mostly Hunt

Brees has Thomas, Kamara, Ingram

Brady has Gronk and Edlemen

Rodgers has Adams

Luck has Ebron and Hilton

Goff has Cooks, Woods, Kupp and Gurley

Wilson has Baldwin

Rivers has Allen and Gordon

Watson has Hopkins

Wentz/Foles has Ertz and Jeffery

Winston has Evans

Dak had Hurns and Swaim........... Sorry but every QB needs some type of weapon to throw too. That's facts.

Also you keep trying to compare guys like Romo to Dak. Stop using their entire career to a guy that just finished his 3rd year. You want to compare them use that players first 3 seasons. Dak has just as good numbers if not better than Ryan, Wilson, Brady, Newton, Wentz, Goff, Carr etc. The list goes on. Stop posting dumb, goofy, silly, and foolish stuff and actually do research. You have an agenda and been proven wrong over and over. Eventually I would think someone would get tired being so wrong all the time.

jay94

Reaction score
Goofy Post

4th quarter Stats:
Romo:
65% completion
9202 yards
8.4 ypa
75 Tds
30 Int
103 rating

Dak:
64% completion
3179 yards
7.7 ypa
20 Tds
9 Int
95 rating

One of these QBs played better than their career average in the 4th quarter, while the other played worse

Romo will never get the credit for how good he was, I don't necessarily like the statement either, but it's the facts.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Goofy Post

4th quarter Stats:
Romo:
65% completion
9202 yards
8.4 ypa
75 Tds
30 Int
103 rating

Dak:
64% completion
3179 yards
7.7 ypa
20 Tds
9 Int
95 rating

First off you are using Romo entire career to compare to a 3 year player.... Yep that makes sense. Not only that you love to say Dak had 70-80 passer rating but say his 4th quarter rating of 95 is worst....... Don't see it do you. Continue throwing crap at the wall, you might eventually get close

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I didn't move any goal post. Dak was number 3 is total QBR his rookie season and number 4 last season. You the one who wants to pick and choose which games to count and not count.

You have a double standard. You want to use all this year's QBR to show Dak was 17th but pick and choose which games to use last season. Name 1 QB that doesn't need a top target to post good numbers. You can't, you want to put Dak down because number wise he was one of the best once he got Cooper but subpar with no receiving threats.

Rodgers has Adams

Wilson has Baldwin

Watson has Hopkins

Winston has Evans

Dak had Hurns and Swaim........... Sorry but every QB needs some type of weapon to throw too. That's facts.

Also you keep trying to compare guys like Romo to Dak. Stop using their entire career to a guy that just finished his 3rd year. You want to compare them use that players first 3 seasons. Dak has just as good numbers if not better than Ryan, Wilson, Brady, Newton, Wentz, Goff, Carr etc. The list goes on. Stop posting dumb, goofy, silly, and foolish stuff and actually do research. You have an agenda and been proven wrong over and over. Eventually I would think someone would get tired being so wrong all the time.
Of course you still dont get it.

YOU USED THE QBR METRIC TO PROP UP DAKS PLAY. When I use that same metric for this season you hit me with the
anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

Romo was putting up better seasons than Dak, when unknown at the time, Miles Austin was his best receiver.

And now its Dak had Hurns and Swaim :lmao2:

Do I need to pull up the countless goofy posts from you and the other homers that said Dak doesnt need an #1 receiver and Hurns would be as good as Dez was the last 3 seasons?

In fact, since i got time, thats exactly what ima do

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

YOU USED THE QBR METRIC TO PROP UP DAKS PLAY. When I use that same metric for this season you hit me with the

Romo was putting up better seasons than Dak, when unknown at the time, Miles Austin was his best receiver.

Do I need to pull up the countless goofy posts from you and the other homers that said Dak doesnt need an #1 receiver and Hurns would be as good as Dez was the last 3 seasons?

First off I never said it was different. You are the one choosing to use certain games and then entire year not me. You going to use the entire year this season then use the entire season all 3 years chump.

Yep Miles Austin......... Don't forget to add TO, Roy Williams, Dez, Witten. Funny you want to pick miles Austin even though a ton of his years came from...... Here the kicker, yac.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Romo was also in the league 10 more years than Dak. You posted a stat showing Romo had 9200 yards passing in the 4th quarter while Dak had just over 3100 yards.

Romo 13 years and only 6000 more passing yards in the 4th quarter, Dak stays on the same pace he will match that in 9 total years not 13.

TDs in the 4th quarter Dak on pace to catch up by year 10......3 years less than Romo.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Rodgers has Adams

Wilson has Baldwin

Watson has Hopkins

Winston has Evans

So, in reality it’s you that wants to “to pick and choose which games to count and not count.”

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are old compared to me though. You also don't like name calling but quickly resorted to calling me names when I called you old because when your dang near 20+ years older that's exactly what it is. I didn't call you stupid like you called me even when the thing you called me stupid about didn't make sense. You're just easily riled up. I asked you questions about your post and you went straight to the non sense. You won't admit it though. Its cool its just online. I don't have beef with you just disagree on your take in this thread. Peace
Peace.

CWR

Reaction score

Rodgers has Adams

Wilson has Baldwin

Watson has Hopkins

Winston has Evans

:hammer::hammer::hammer: