Probowl and Dak

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m not playing peacemaker, I’m saying you’re acting ridiculous with this “Im a big man and youre not” act. Let me tell something you learn with age - when a person tries too hard to prop himself up he’s probably not what he says he is. And really, even if you are, what the hell difference does it make? Nobody here gives a rat’s *** how accomplished you are, or claim you are. We are here to talk football and the Cowboys, not to crow about our accomplishments.
You're playing bias peacemaker and if you don't want to cop to it spare me. Stop quoting me with your insecure self until you want to quote everybody involved because like I said your bias as expletive and you can say otherwise but its a flipping lie. You pulled this same bs before with me.

Lastly mr bias I didn't prop myself up someone said a line about my genes and I reply back but I'm wrong? Flip outta here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good night fellas! It's been fun. Hope we didn't break any barstools, this old man is going to bed. Gonna dream about Dak winning MVP at the probowl.......

Don’t stumble over your walker on your way to the bedroom.

nobody

Reaction score
Those are literally all of the excuses used for Romo during his career. Funny how the Romo guys find it unfair to attribute the same to Dak because it's obviously all Dak's fault. Many of you want it both ways and are unhappy that you can't have it.

What's really funny is that the Dak lovers that bash Romo said "Those are just excuses" when those arguments were applied to Romo, and now they use the exact same wording they poo-poo'd to defend Dak with.

They're different QB's with different styles. Both face/faced some of the same hurdles. There are obvious differences in issues and techniques, but Romo worked out most of his, as I expect that Dak will. Romo was too impulsive early in his career. Dak is too careful and hesitates too often when he should pull the trigger. One both both QB's share that aren't team-related. Romo never learned that throwing the ball away is a much better play than taking the sack. Dak seems to be refusing to learn that one too.

I expect that with even more experience and coaching, Dak will learn to read the field faster and better and be able to scan through open receivers faster. Doing that will help with the sack rate. He still needs to work on his footwork (which will improve his accuracy a little), he can work on accuracy and throwing mechanics, and work on pocket awareness. He has plenty of arm strength, he's athletic enough. He is certainly smart enough. His leadership is fantastic. Unlike Romo, Dak has a healthy dose of luck while Romo seemed almost cursed. That can make a huge difference. Contrary to some rhetoric on this board, both are/were fantastic in the 4th quarter. For the most part, Dak has a better team surrounding him, but that doesn't discount what he brings to the Cowboys. If he keeps working in the off-season on his game like Romo did, he'll be even better than he already is, which is something the Cowboys need.

People comparing the two rarely take into consideration that their play styles are so different that a direct comparison doesn't quite work. If you gave me a Romo at his best and a Dak at his best and asked me which I'd start, I'd select Romo every time, but that's because of his experience and knowledge. Give Dak the time and that might change. I don't see the need to bash one to raise the other. They're both good. They just have slightly different skill sets.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're playing bias peacemaker and if you don't want to cop to it spare me. Stop quoting me with your insecure self until you want to quote everybody involved because like I said your bias as expletive and you can say otherwise but its a flipping lie. You pulled this same bs before with me.

Lol, I gotta laugh that you think I care if you are at peace.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So does Romo. Thats the point I was making. lol. Everyone complains about Dak and misses Romo oh so much. Meanwhile. Dak didnt fumble a snap, crack under pressure, or lose games for us by his poor play in the playoffs. I love Romo dont get me wrong. But the Romo fanatics seem to forget Romo had over a decade and has 1 win. Dak has 1 win in 3 years lol.

It's the Dak fanatics who keep bringing up Romo and then saying it's former Romo fan boys bringing him up. Romo is long gone and will never come back. Romo had his warts. Dak had his warts. If you want to say that Dak doesn't crack under pressure like romo does, well he hasn't felt the kind of pressure yet that Romo has. People here keep whining about the offensive line, when it isn't nearly as bad as what Romo has had in the past, nor what Dak will one day have in the future if he is a long term QB. Not lose us games because of his poor play in the playoffs? Well the Dak crowd will refuse to see it, but Dak had bad play for 54 minutes in the divisional game, and his failure to be a deep threat and have the opposing cornerbacks disrespect him negatively impacted the running game. Say what you will about Romo, but I don't think opposing coordinators using his deficiencies as part of any game plan against us in the past. I think opposing coordinators are using Dak's deficiencies in their game plans against us now and will continue to do so until he fixes them or our coaches come up with something to help cover them up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heck are you talking about? You're just a bias and I suspect old man mad as ever hiding under the guise of junk.

Do you need a definition of peacemaker? It was your word. Maybe you should use words you understand.

I’m a bias? Another word you don’t understand? Let me explain it to you. A person can be biased, or have a bias, but a person can’t be a bias.

Hiding under the guise of junk? Now why would someone hide under the guise of junk? You think I’m trying to appear as if I’m a rusted car and a broken toilet in somebody’s weed infested backyard? Now that’s kind of silly, don’t you think?

Hey, but you’re trying awfully hard though.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
People miss Romo because there is way more evidence to prove Romo was a superior QB to Dak during his tenure.

Like its not even close.

For example, this spin that this board uses now is “since the cooper addition, dak was a top 10 qb”.
Meanwhile, Romo was a top 10 qb and winning games against top defenses throwing to Jesse Holley, Laurent Robinson, and Kevin Ogletree.

You say Romo fumbled a snap, I can say well Romo didnt go 1 for 10 on third down in a playoff game.

None of the games we lost in the playoffs with Romo were due to his poor play. Poor coaching and poor defense led to those 4 losses.

a top 10 quarterback, never ranked in the top 10 by any of the media outlets, including the NFL, on any week this year as being top 10. Only homers on this board think he is top 10 this year. He was in 2016, before teams realized he has problems beyond 15 yards, which can be seen in any of the passing charts for any game this year.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So poor coaching didnt cost us against the Rams? LOL. Sure bro. And youre so right. Romo only had a HOF Tight end and 2 HOF WR to throw too. I forgot.

We would've won that game against the Ram, if we had any quarterback who would make a defense pay for leaving receivers wide open in the deep game. Any quarterback who isn't afraid to throw it deep, well that's an automatic touchdown.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Do you need a definition of peacemaker? Maybe you should use words you understand.

I’m a bias? Another word you don’t understand? Let me explain it to you. A person can be biased, but a person can’t be a bias.

Hiding under the guise of junk? Now why would someone hide under the guise of junk? You think I’m trying to appear as if I’m a rusted car and a broken toilet in somebody’s weed infested backyard? Now that’s kind of silly, don’t you think?

You’re trying awfully hard, but you gotta start usurping the dictionary a bit more.
Oh no not the literal meanings of word trope? I understand every word I use but I guess when you get older you don't understand things don't have to necessarily mean their exact meaning. Try harder with the lame dad jokes

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh no not the literal meanings of word trope? I understand every word I use but I guess when you get older you don't understand things don't have to necessarily mean their exact meaning. Try harder with the lame dad jokes

Now that’s weak. And damn funny. You weren’t using slang, you were just butchering the language and not understanding words.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Romo didnt have 2 HOF OL for 4 years either. Dude this isnt an attack on Romo. I know you love him. I am simply saying. Romo had way more weapons than Dak has. You want to compare Terrell Owens to Amari Cooper and Geoff Swaim to Jason Witten? Go right ahead. Hint. The latter are better players lol. And for the record. Who cares about the weapons they had? Its Daks fault they built a good team? I guess Goff and Mahomes should trade in all of their weapons just to prove how "good" they are.

It is an attack on Romo. The situations are quite different. Dak has some very good teams right now. The 2016 Cowboys were special, probably better than the 2014 Cowboys. This year's Team was a quarterback away from a Superbowl. If you put the 2016 Dak on this year's team, we would've made it to the superbowl, because Teams didn't know how to game plan for the 2016 Dak and he played with instinct. You put any quarterback that isn't afraid to throw it deep and you'd have more success than we had with Dak this year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We would've won that game against the Ram, if we had any quarterback who would make a defense pay for leaving receivers wide open in the deep game. Any quarterback who isn't afraid to throw it deep, well that's an automatic touchdown.
Where's the tape? Prove it.

Proof

Reaction score
I’m in the middle in regards to Dak. He’s an average passer but since he’s a dual threat I have him a little above average overall.

I hope they can improve his mechanics and timing so we can steal a few more wins and go deeper in the playoffs. Also hope they implement better play calling to give us an edge..

He’s not Top 3 that’s for certain but he’s not complete garbage either. He’s a 4th round comp pick, you get what you pay for...

He’s definitely, by an order of magnitude, far exceeded what we paid for.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Look here dear boy, I do think it's stupid to saddle all the blame to Romo, but I also think it's stupid to bash Dak to prop up Romo. Romo did well when he was here, and I think Dak's done actually quite well overall.

This thread though was setup to bash Romo to prop up Dak, hence the harshness of some of the responses. I do hope that Dak can be the franchise guy someday, but he really has to fix some of his blemishes this off seasons to acomplish that. The two biggest Romo Blemishes were the gambling nature that spawned Ill timed interceptions, and later on he was fragile. I've always let people have those points in the past when they were criticizing Romo. The thing is you can't game plan on those if you are a defensive coordinator. Dak on the other hand, one of his blemishes is he doesn't pass the ball very often passed 15 yards. Cooper has helped him a lot since the trade, but the Rams again disrespected Dak in the deep game, completely letting him have it if he wanted it, and instead completely sold out on the Run. The Rams weren't scared of Dak. I find it a real problem, if Defenses coordinators start game planning to expose your quarterback inability to consistently throw it deep. Things can quickly become a lot worse here, if Dak doesn't fix that, and then our offensive line deteriorates to the level of some of the ones Romo had to play with, and then we have a bad defense. There have been quite a few years when Romo had a bad Offensive line, completely on another lever of bad compared to the 2018 one, and a bad defense. If Dak plays under those conditions and hasn't fixed the issue of the deep game, and his footwork, holding onto the ball to long, well things can get very ugly. I'm hoping for the best, but well if I'm going to be baited, I can dish out the harsh reality as I see it too.

Proof

Reaction score
I'll take the QB who is clutch, especially at the end of games, not the one who chokes.

Rqbc121.jpg

hHGijnd.jpg

WHV1qez.jpg

Had enough or do you want some more? :popcorn:

Romo also had a considerable stretch where he had the best numbers in dec, and led more game winning drives than any qb in the league. We’re harsher on him because we expected greatness. With Dak it seems we hope for competence.

Both have their strengthd and I love both of them, Romo definitely had the higher ceiling though.