Projected Contract for Dak - 6 years, $171M with $45M SB, and $90M Guaranteed

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
:eek: I just threw up in my mouth a little. I like the young man but no way is Dak worth that kind of money or at least not yet.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Have you ever heard that the fans love the backup QB until he becomes the starter and isn't the QB they thought he was. Very few backup QB's, that were highly touted coming out of college and the plan was for then to sit a year and learn, become big time QB's.

You do realize he was joking, right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nobody said doing it this year. And how did Rams and Eagles get their franchise QBs? They didn't sit still in the draft.

Again, maybe it doesn't happen next year or the year after that - but giving out a huge contract for mediocrity is not justifiable because drafting a franchise QB is "hard". The game of football, in general, is hard. You don't settle on mediocrity - and if you truly believe you don't have your franchise QB, there is no way in hell you should be giving out a long contract.

I agree. However, they know for a fact that Dak is your franchise QB. Its obvious. Maybe not to you. That's not the Cowboys issue if a few trolls dont understand.

So unless a guy has 4400 yards passing and 32 TD's then he isn't your guy?

glimmerman

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be a bad deal for either side. If we have a out after 4 years. If we wanted out then it’s 22.5 for 4 years. His guaranteed money paid and both move on.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I don't think he should be making more than Andrew Luck or Nick Foles. Dak has not thrown for 30 TD's or broken the 4k passing mark in his career nor has he won a divisional round playoff game. Why pay him like one of those guys??

The question was what do you think he gets.

You didn’t answer. Other than to say what you think he’s worth; which wasn’t the question.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I've stated this before, it's not OUR $$, nor OUR decision. Sign him, don't sign him. Bottom line is all of you begging to dump the "bum" Dak Prescott would be *****ing and moaning over winning 5 games the next 3 seasons, waiting on a new QB to "get" with the program. Just accept DP is our QB, and he is going to be paid, wither that be a elite sum, or average. But he is going to be paid.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I've stated this before, it's not OUR $$, nor OUR decision. Sign him, don't sign him. Bottom line is all of you begging to dump the "bum" Dak Prescott would be *****ing and moaning over winning 5 games the next 3 seasons, waiting on a new QB to "get" with the program. Just accept DP is our QB, and he is going to be paid, wither that be a elite sum, or average. But he is going to be paid.
Yep. If we get him under 30 a year then we actually are ok. I every time I look on TV he is doing some sort of commercial. They are already making him a house hold name. Lol.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Dak will easily get 25 and could get 30.

Wait until Cam Newton and Andrew Luck get their extensions- then the price for Dak will continue to go up.

Try and lock him in at 27.5 a year. It will look like an average contract in two years anyway.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question was what do you think he gets.

You didn’t answer. Other than to say what you think he’s worth; which wasn’t the question.

I think we shouldn't sign him. He's got a year left on his rookie deal and then we can franchise him. Thats the equivalent of a 2 year deal averaging 13 million per.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I think we shouldn't sign him. He's got a year left on his rookie deal and then we can franchise him. Thats the equivalent of a 2 year deal averaging 13 million per.

So, another non answer. Why even reply to it if you are just going to dodge the question?

glimmerman

Reaction score
You know this isn’t average QB money. This is starting QB money. He is gonna be the franchise QB for at least the next 4 or 5 years.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Adam Schefter

Ben Roethlisberger’s two-year extension is worth $68 million, and includes a $37.5 million signing bonus and an additional $30 million in injury guarantees, per source. Roethlisberger had one year at $12 millon left - and now has three at $80 million - $67.5 gtd.

Jeremy Fowler‏Verified account @JFowlerESPN 1h1 hour ago
Ben Roethlisberger’s new money is $68M, which, if viewed as two-yr extension since $12M salary for ‘19 remains, puts him at $34M per yr on that new deal, slightly above Aaron Rodgers’ avg of $33.5M but below Russell Wilson’s $35M. Shorter contract, but sizable kick nonetheless

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You know this isn’t average QB money. This is starting Q0B money. He is gonna be the franchise QB for at least the next 4 or 5 years.
Big Ben just got 34m got 2 years

Add to the 12m he was owed for 2019 and the total is 3/75m