Projected Contract for Dak - 6 years, $171M with $45M SB, and $90M Guaranteed

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Cousins is good. Maybe they're using his contract as a measuring stick because he's good.

You just don't get it that the 1st time Cousins got tagged he got the average of the top 5 QB's yet he wasn't a top 5 QB and when he got tagged the next year he again was paid the average of the top 5 QB's but again he wasn't a top 5 QB so being tagged twice ARTIFICIALLY raised his worth. Now if Cousins was a top 5 QB then people could use his contract as a measuring stick, but he wasn't then nor is he now a top 5 QB so he's not a legit measuring stick.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You do realize he was joking, right?

No I didn't because I don't know this person so we can only go by what they actually say. There are ways to express things as a joke where there is no mistaking that it's a joke.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Big Ben just got 34m got 2 years

Add to the 12m he was owed for 2019 and the total is 3/75m

Not exactly. A cap hit of 12 mil for 2019 with 1.2 mil as salary and the rest as bonuses and then 30 mil for 2020 and 33 mil for 2021.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think we shouldn't sign him. He's got a year left on his rookie deal and then we can franchise him. Thats the equivalent of a 2 year deal averaging 13 million per.

You realize that you're showing the same stupidity as the skins did with Cousins. You're saying to tag Prescott which would then pay him the average of the top 5 QB's even though he's not in the top 5. The smart thing to do is get him sign now to a fair contract of what he's worth. I'm sure the Cowboys with continue to negotiate by by discussing what he's done and what he hasn't done and come to a contract as Prescott has publicly said will be fair for all. My guess somewhere between 18 - 24 mil for the 1st year with moderate increases each year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Not exactly. A cap hit of 12 mil for 2019 with 1.2 mil as salary and the rest as bonuses and then 30 mil for 2020 and 33 mil for 2021.
that is what I said

12m old + 30m + 33m with a 5m roster bonus already paid = 75m over 3 years

His cap hit will be around 24m this year with a 37m signing bonus

Last edited:

Doomsay

Reaction score
The going rate was set a year ago when Cousins and Garappolo signed contracts for $27M and $27.5M per season. Both of them haven't accomplised as much as Dak has in his career. Add a year of inflation, and $28.5M per season is a reasonable figure for an unproven young QB. I'm not saying I like it. I'm saying that $28.5M per season is the market rate.

The Cowboys are going to have to commit to Dak for at least 3 more seasons. They don't have a plan B right now. And the longer they wait to lock him up long term, the higher the price is going to be.
Plan C. blow this clown show up.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
that is what I said

12m old + 30m + 33m with a 5m roster bonus already paid = 75m over 3 years

His cap hit will be around 24m this year with a 37m signing bonus
They just revised the numbers

68m new....5m roster bonus already paid and 12m due in 2019 = 85m over 3 years or 28.33 which is .33 higher than KCousins...... APY means a lot to these guys

silvrNblue

Reaction score
For an average QB.
And most would argue, those you "think: of as "elite" QB's, the Wilsons, the Newton's, the Lucks of the NFL, IMHO are about as "average" as Dak. The only 2 real stand out's are of course Brady and Rodgers. And I would put the SAME stigma most of the DDS suffering haters would on that last name, look how "average" Rodgers was last season, or hell the one before that. Seems ole football God Rodgers isn't so elite without a super supporting cast around him. And at the very least Dak isn't an arrogant, it's all about me type player, like Rodgers the football God. Ask ole McCarthy about Rodger's self induced elitism.

silvrNblue

Reaction score

Adam Schefter

Ben Roethlisberger’s two-year extension is worth $68 million, and includes a $37.5 million signing bonus and an additional $30 million in injury guarantees, per source. Roethlisberger had one year at $12 millon left - and now has three at $80 million - $67.5 gtd.

Jeremy Fowler‏Verified account @JFowlerESPN 1h1 hour ago
Ben Roethlisberger’s new money is $68M, which, if viewed as two-yr extension since $12M salary for ‘19 remains, puts him at $34M per yr on that new deal, slightly above Aaron Rodgers’ avg of $33.5M but below Russell Wilson’s $35M. Shorter contract, but sizable kick nonetheless

And I'll lay good money, after the losse's of AB and Bell, they will soon come to regret OVER paying for what will soon be shown about ole "big Ben"... he isn't any more elite then say, Dak Prescott.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh! And Dak doesn't make mistakes!
He has all day long to throw and takes sack along with his ints.
Dak has one of the worst conversion percentage on 3rd down and 7+ in the league.

Please don't insult our Franchise QB Mr. Prescott!!! lol....
We are lucky to have such a talent leading our men to victory!!
That arm..... that coolness in the pocket......the way he leads the WR with pinpoint accuracy OMG with his long bombs .....Zeke yards are only because the defenses play 4 in the Box worried about Dak's cannon accurate arm :lmao: dang man can't you see greatness? lol....

Let's all pray that Dak holds out and we get a QB who can actually play like a qualified QB...not a panic driven inept arm throwing QB whose claim to fame is the check-down charlie pass.....

58 sacks 12 fumbles may his greatness NOT continue!

LittleD

Reaction score
You realize that you're showing the same stupidity as the skins did with Cousins. You're saying to tag Prescott which would then pay him the average of the top 5 QB's even though he's not in the top 5. The smart thing to do is get him sign now to a fair contract of what he's worth. I'm sure the Cowboys with continue to negotiate by by discussing what he's done and what he hasn't done and come to a contract as Prescott has publicly said will be fair for all. My guess somewhere between 18 - 24 mil for the 1st year with moderate increases each year.

His agent is not going to let him sign for anything less than 30mil per season so why not save some and hold him for a couple of years. If he bombs, which is likely, you get a pick for him and move on.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Okay clueless.....keep working on those comprehension skills.

You are the one who apparently lacks the skills....

The question was what do you think he gets. Not what you think should happen or what you think he deserves....

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
His agent is not going to let him sign for anything less than 30mil per season so why not save some and hold him for a couple of years. If he bombs, which is likely, you get a pick for him and move on.

You forgot to tell us all about all the long discussions you've had with Prescott's agent to know exactly what he's going to do. You have proven why you'll never achieve a higher status than fan wannabe GM and I'm so happy that you have zero to do with the Cowboys.. First off, if the Cowboys were foolish enough to tag Prescott guaranteeing him the average of the top FIVE QB's without actually being in the top five you then say after that tag season if the Cowboys aren't happy with Prescott they can get draft pick for him BUT if he as you put it bombs then only wannabe GM's would be foolish enough to give up a draft pick for a player that will be released. There is less than zero incentive to make a trade for a player who doesn't have a current contract when he will become a free agent. If Prescott doesn't bomb then the Cowboys would have to negotiate a new contract that they artificially raised the price on by tagging him and putting him in the top 5 contracts. Again tagging Prescott instead of negotiating a long term contract now is the type of move that would get real GM's fired. I'm sure Prescott and his agent would love to see Prescott get a 30 mil a year contract but they both as well as the Cowboys know he's not at this time one of the elite QB's that are making 30 mil a year or more and since Prescott has publicly said that his contract will be fair for everyone I think he's saying that he knows he won't get top QB money for only winning a single playoff game.

LittleD

Reaction score
You forgot to tell us all about all the long discussions you've had with Prescott's agent to know exactly what he's going to do. You have proven why you'll never achieve a higher status than fan wannabe GM and I'm so happy that you have zero to do with the Cowboys.. First off, if the Cowboys were foolish enough to tag Prescott guaranteeing him the average of the top FIVE QB's without actually being in the top five you then say after that tag season if the Cowboys aren't happy with Prescott they can get draft pick for him BUT if he as you put it bombs then only wannabe GM's would be foolish enough to give up a draft pick for a player that will be released. There is less than zero incentive to make a trade for a player who doesn't have a current contract when he will become a free agent. If Prescott doesn't bomb then the Cowboys would have to negotiate a new contract that they artificially raised the price on by tagging him and putting him in the top 5 contracts. Again tagging Prescott instead of negotiating a long term contract now is the type of move that would get real GM's fired. I'm sure Prescott and his agent would love to see Prescott get a 30 mil a year contract but they both as well as the Cowboys know he's not at this time one of the elite QB's that are making 30 mil a year or more and since Prescott has publicly said that his contract will be fair for everyone I think he's saying that he knows he won't get top QB money for only winning a single playoff game.

Stand back, watch and learn grasshopper.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Stand back, watch and learn grasshopper.

From a wannabe GM, no thanks. I'll wait and watch the Cowboys negotiate a long term contract that wasn't first artificially inflated by being tagged.

LittleD

Reaction score
From a wannabe GM, no thanks. I'll wait and watch the Cowboys negotiate a long term contract that wasn't first artificially inflated by being tagged.

You tag him twice, send him on his way and get a comp pick in the 3rd the next season. White should be ready by then. Washington leads the way by not overpaying for marginal talent.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You tag him twice, send him on his way and get a comp pick in the 3rd the next season. White should be ready by then. Washington leads the way by not overpaying for marginal talent.

You really are as foolish as the skins. Did you not read any of the articles about how dumb the skins were to tag and then tag Cousins a second time AND THEN just let him walk. Stupidity is defined by repeating the same thing over and expecting different results. Doing what the skins did and you want to do has the same exact results. ARTIFICIALLY INFLATING a QB's salary to top FIVE salary who aren't TOP FIVE QB's. Again I'm so happy you have zero to do with the Cowboys.