Twitter: Projected Franchise Tag for Dak: 33.4m

Flamma

Reaction score
Why would they need to use an exclusive franchise tag?

Flamma

Reaction score
Anyone know how much the transition tag would cost?

I think it's the top 10 average at your position. But what good is the Transition tag? You get nothing in return if another team signs your player on the transition tag. That tag is a cheap version of the non exclusive franchise tag except Dallas would receive nothing if they refuse to match. That tag is useful if for example Dallas thinks Dak is asking for more than any other team would offer him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
32-33 is about what he will get anyways. If we would give him a 4 year deal he would sign it. JJ is smart and wants a 7 year deal but Dak and his agent wants a shorter contract so he can cash in again when the market goes up.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
How much money is Dak losing by playing for $2 million this season?

Hard to believe he is going to be able to make all that up in negotiations.

Dak aint hurting... Because he is the QB for Americas team that alone has earned him over 50 mill in endorsement deals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But I thought everyone said Dak was not greedy and is a leader and won’t try to milk every dollar and strap the Cowboys because he wants to win championships

LOL
For a name like visionary you’d think your views on getting paid would be a little different.....bosses must love you and how you take less than you are worth. A employers dream.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Jerry did the right thing with Dak.

When he's not willing to accept anything less than being the highest QB in the league, it's impossible for him to increase his value by playing. His price can only go down.
Not at all. His value can’t go down it can only go up from here. A successful playoff run won’t increase his value?

CPanther95

Reaction score
Not at all. His value can’t go down it can only go up from here. A successful playoff run won’t increase his value?

Increase it to what? He was already demanding the highest salary of any QB in the league.

The salary he was looking to get is what a Super Bowl winning QB would want. The best he can do is win the Super Bowl and just make it an easier pill to swallow.

John813

Reaction score
Jerry dropped the ball on this big time,he should have been signed after last season.

After last season(18-19), as in this past offseason?

They were trying to get him signed this offseason, but Dak wasn't in a rush to sign a new deal.
The Cowboys were focused more on Dak and Cooper after D-Law, but neither cared about an instant payday and are trying to maximize their value this season. Then Zeke held out too.

Can't force a guy to sign a new deal without extreme overpayment, if they want to stay

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'd rather Dallas gets Dak signed before the offseason and use the franchise tag on Amari Cooper if they have to.

Regardless, around $33 million per year is probably what Prescott's new deal is going to be worth anyway.

Now, I'll duck and get out of here...........

No, I think most fans agree with you. But his agents are being unreasonable (and moronic).

Before you flame me with “they’re just negotiating for their client), they surrendered $32 million that they could have had in 2019, put their client at risk of getting nothing if he suffers a career-ending injury, all to try for a $40M contract that he won’t get before 2020. As many have pointed out before, even at $40M, it’d take Dak 5 years to recoup the $32M he lost.

So yeah, the strategy is moronic, and Stephen Jones all but said so when he appealed to Dak through the media.

So, @CT Dal Fan Yeah, we all prefer that Dak gets signed and Cooper franchised, but if his agents aren’t budging then the franchise tag it is.

And because of the current CBA, remember one can get franchised and the other a transition tag. I think I’d put the franchise on Cooper and the transition on Dak.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
For a name like visionary you’d think your views on getting paid would be a little different.....bosses must love you and how you take less than you are worth. A employers dream.

It’s simple math. Let’s put these numbers into our own spectrum by taking off two zeros.

Let’s say @rocyaice that you’re making $20K per year. I offer you $320K this year. You want $400K. You turn down my offer and make $20K, hoping you hit the motherload next year.

And let’s say that you do. Congrats, you now make $400K per year. But you lost $320K by not taking my offer.

So in 2020 you make $80K more than you would have. And in 2021. And in 2022. And in 2023. Guess what? You still only broke even, because $80K x 4 = $320K. BUT you risked a year of potentially being injured in a violent job with a common occurrence of injury.

So @visionary is indeed visionary. If there’s one thing I have learned in my career it’s take the money in the table. Always.

visionary

Reaction score

I’m not saying he should take less money
I’m just saying that if he wants to squeeze the last dollar and does not care about the cap implications and team distraction then own it
I don’t want to hear from Dak homies how he is a great leader and is not greedy and wants to win championships
Cause it ain’t happening

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s simple math. Let’s put these numbers into our own spectrum by taking off two zeros.

Let’s say @rocyaice that you’re making $20K per year. I offer you $320K this year. You want $400K. You turn down my offer and make $20K, hoping you hit the motherload next year.

And let’s say that you do. Congrats, you now make $400K per year. But you lost $320K by not taking my offer.

So in 2020 you make $80K more than you would have. And in 2021. And in 2022. And in 2023. Guess what? You still only broke even, because $80K x 4 = $320K. BUT you risked a year of potentially being injured in a violent job with a common occurrence of injury.

So @visionary is indeed visionary. If there’s one thing I have learned in my career it’s take the money in the table. Always.

Plus, lets say god forbid an NFL player invests that "320k". They also miss out on a year of compounding interest.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Increase it to what? He was already demanding the highest salary of any QB in the league.

The salary he was looking to get is what a Super Bowl winning QB would want. The best he can do is win the Super Bowl and just make it an easier pill to swallow.

Dak already came out and said he didn't expect to be the highest paid in the league. He would already be signed if the Cowboys offered him the same extension Wentz got but the Cowboys want him to sign for seven years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not saying he should take less money
I’m just saying that if he wants to squeeze the last dollar and does not care about the cap implications and team distraction then own it
I don’t want to hear from Dak homies how he is a great leader and is not greedy and wants to win championships
Cause it ain’t happening

The only thing Dak cares about is DAK!
And this I find normal and in line with any athlete that plays the game of football.
Never forget the next play might be the player's LAST play ever in his career.
What I do find objectable is Dak wanting top 5 QB Cash when it's pretty evident he has Flaws galore!
He is lucky once again to have one of the worst GM in the game-deciding his fate.