CFZ Proposing a new rule I would like to see added

sacase

Reaction score
My only issue is that they need to call the game fairly. The RT of the Eagles was false starting all game and only got called once. Tyler Smith had a very questionable false start and they called it. WE get called for a hold on a Tony Pollard run that clearly wasn't a hold. The Eagles WR on the next series did something far worse and it wasn't called. Parson's had his arm being pulled right in front of the ref preventing him from making the tackle at the point of attack and the ref didn't throw a flag. The PI in the endzone that wasn't called. Gilly going for the ball and playing the ball gets called for PI when the reciever ran into him without looking back. If you are going to let them do stuff you need to let us do the same thing, if you are going to call us for things call them for it too. Consistency is all I ask.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If a coach throws the flag and the call is overturned, the coaches player shouldn't be rewarded for committing a penalty. And, if a scoring play is reviewed, both players should be under review. Seems fair to me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The one thing I would like to see added to reviews is not necessarily "if you see a penalty on the review you call it" because we all know they could see holding on every review. However I do agree that there should be a component of "did the commission of a penalty lead to the failure/success of the play under review." In other words, if they see holding by a receiver 20 yards away from the ballcarrier, who cares but if they see a PI being committed on the receiver who otherwise would have scored a TD or gotten a first down, then that has to be called.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Everything should be review able. Everything.

This, especially with the need for tech. I saw a video from Five Point Vids about the science of blown calls. It's a great video. Basically, the refs are kinda setup to fail. Everything should be reviewable.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
This has always been an easy fix in my opinion, people born in America all grow up loving or hating specific teams...There is absolutely no denying that. Who is the most loved hated team in sports? The Cowboys - There are people on this board with 50k post that hate this team more then most Eagle fans I've met do...If you told me right now that MountACowboy and his goon squad were reffing next weeks game I'd bet the Giants in a landslide...that's how hated this team is.

So the fix is quite simple. Hire people who have never heard or seen the game. For example, right now if Europe soccer wanted a fair officiated match they could call me and I could go ref a soccer game without one ounce of biased towards any team because I know, nor care about anything to do with soccer. Hire people from over seas to be the refs. Easy fix.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
i didnt think it was that much to call a penalty, BUT if they were gonna call gilmore for PI for doing nothing they better call that.

Or when schoonmaker was "holding" but the exact same type of hold on their next drive by the eagles on a run isnt called.

I dont mind bad calls here and there or some messups, but good lord that game was biased as hell despite the penalty totals being close (they really werent with how many they let go)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After seeing so many people complain about that play, I gotta say, I'm not sure he interfered. Yes he had his arm around the front of Schoonmaker, but he didn't appear to be pulling him. As for Schoonmaker going down, I think he did that on his own, or possibly through incidental contact with their feet.

It didn't look to me like he impeded Schoon in any way, and the fact that he caught the ball supports my point. I'm not saying nobody can fight through PI and make a catch, but in this case, it looks like he caught it just the way he meant to. It was just unfortunate that the defender was touching him already and he never got the chance to get the ball over the plane of the goal line.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I know that this won’t happen because the NFL doesn’t really care about fairness but a fair well officiated game is something I hear fans scream for each and every week. If Vegas can catch people cheating counting cards etc in real time, then the NFL can catch players violating the rules. It’s just a matter on whether they actually care to have a fair product or not.

With that said, I’d like to add, that in my opinion a rule should be added that if a play is under review and a blatant penalty is seen that effects the outcome of the play then that penalty can be called by the replay official. It just makes sense to me, that is the official can overturn a ruling on the field of a touchdown, first down etc then they should also be able to hold someone breaking the rules accountable as well.

In this case, I believe it was Blankenship (LB for Philly) that would be called for PI on the Schoonmaker TD review. Dallas gets the ball at the 1 yard line 1st and goal. As well as the ruling on the field being overturned.

The Philly LB was tackling him well before the ball got there which is the definition of defensive pass interference, he wasn’t going for the ball as his arms were wrapped around Schoon while the ball was traveling through the air. Watch the replay and it’s obvious, the replay official should be able to make that call.

I’m not saying this because of what happened yesterday but because too often we see a blatant penalty that wasn’t called during the replay process. The replay process is supposed to correct mistakes made on the field by the other officials, so this rule I am proposing is well within the scope of the current replay process we currently have.
I don't think he was tackling him at all. He had one hand on his hip and one hand swatting at the ball. That's not tackling. The ball was thrown low so they both dove down to get to the ball. He wasn't tackling him at all. IMO

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
My only issue is that they need to call the game fairly. The RT of the Eagles was false starting all game and only got called once. Tyler Smith had a very questionable false start and they called it. WE get called for a hold on a Tony Pollard run that clearly wasn't a hold. The Eagles WR on the next series did something far worse and it wasn't called. Parson's had his arm being pulled right in front of the ref preventing him from making the tackle at the point of attack and the ref didn't throw a flag. The PI in the endzone that wasn't called. Gilly going for the ball and playing the ball gets called for PI when the reciever ran into him without looking back. If you are going to let them do stuff you need to let us do the same thing, if you are going to call us for things call them for it too. Consistency is all I ask.
Jesus this has been gone over 1000 times. He's not false starting

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I just want defensive holding to not be an automatic first down. Lets start there :thumbup:
Yes! 3rd and 87 and you get a 5 yard AUTOMATIC 1st down. Annoying.

I never got why fumbling out the endzone is the most severe penalty in all sports. 25 yard penalty and the other team gets the ball. Why)

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I know that this won’t happen because the NFL doesn’t really care about fairness but a fair well officiated game is something I hear fans scream for each and every week. If Vegas can catch people cheating counting cards etc in real time, then the NFL can catch players violating the rules. It’s just a matter on whether they actually care to have a fair product or not.

With that said, I’d like to add, that in my opinion a rule should be added that if a play is under review and a blatant penalty is seen that effects the outcome of the play then that penalty can be called by the replay official. It just makes sense to me, that is the official can overturn a ruling on the field of a touchdown, first down etc then they should also be able to hold someone breaking the rules accountable as well.

In this case, I believe it was Blankenship (LB for Philly) that would be called for PI on the Schoonmaker TD review. Dallas gets the ball at the 1 yard line 1st and goal. As well as the ruling on the field being overturned.

The Philly LB was tackling him well before the ball got there which is the definition of defensive pass interference, he wasn’t going for the ball as his arms were wrapped around Schoon while the ball was traveling through the air. Watch the replay and it’s obvious, the replay official should be able to make that call.

I’m not saying this because of what happened yesterday but because too often we see a blatant penalty that wasn’t called during the replay process. The replay process is supposed to correct mistakes made on the field by the other officials, so this rule I am proposing is well within the scope of the current replay process we currently have.
Our fans would still whine.

Doesn't matter if they spend 15 minutes per play, with the Supreme Court deciding play by play if there should be a penalty.....if WE lose the game, then THE REFS. And that's a fact.

There's only 2 possible outcomes to any and every game we played.
1) win
2) have the game stolen from us and given away by The Refs

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The officials are either incompetent or corrupt. They miss calls against dallas that are game changing like Parsons being held and PI that are then called against Dallas in ticky tack ways. There needs to be more ability to have blatant miss calls reviewed. Otherwise we have either incompetence or corruption. I believe the game is fixed by officials. No other explanation.
they are not fixed by officials the refs call the game as they are "TOLD" to do by goodell and his cronies.
I think they are working hand in hand with vegas mob? to fix game so they win the most bets.
It isnt about teams, it is about the scores.
They may also fix games for who they want in the sb later in the year.

Refs all have ear pieces to receive orders in real time , and the NY Office controls all reviews and in game penaltys

DandyDon52

Reaction score
time to edit ran out so..........
the nfl has I think been in bed with the mob in betting, but they recently made a new deal with them to get more $ from vegas , and bigger share of the $

vegas wins, and in return the nfl has to control the games better for the outcome vegas needs.

The nfl has just gotten to be more aggressive with the tampering it is right in front of us all, but most just ignore it, so they will take total control of games.

I even think coaches may be in on it they call and say your winning this one or losing it so the hc has the power to lose a game,.

This is why teams play horrible one week, and the next week they play like SB champs.

I saw wash play like the worst team in the league, so bad they couldnt beat a HS team, then the next week they lose a high scoring close game with phil.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I have also floated this basic premise. You still need some on the field refs IMO.

If you really wanted to have as fair a system as possible, you have a panel of three officials for each game in a room with all the technology looking at every play as it happens. Of course, they all need to be well trained on what the rules really mean. Their vote is the ultimate decision & they are not in contact with or influenced by the league during games. Members of the panels are not set, but rather assigned randomly so the same people aren't always working together.

They make the ultimate decision about everything regarding rules enforcement.

Also, in the interest of time, maybe some infractions should accumulate. For example, an offensive holding away from the play was seen in review. We didn't stop play to call & enforce something that didn't really affect the play but rather each sideline is notified. At some point, a cumulative penalty is assessed. Something along those lines.
What you have described here is basically the VAR system currently in place in the top soccer leagues around Europe. Trust me, you DO NOT want to go there, it has utterly ruined any trace of entertainment or joy within the game.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
See where you are going with that but the problem would be extension of the NFL game. Baseball just went the opposite way and sped up their game and everyone is happy.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The average review in the NFL in 2022 was 2 mins. So we're talking 8 mins or so to right some wrong calls. Big deal
He doesn't want corrections or for the officials to be corrected and made to improve. He's always complaining against anyone wanting accountability against biased or double standard calls against the Cowboys.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What you have described here is basically the VAR system currently in place in the top soccer leagues around Europe. Trust me, you DO NOT want to go there, it has utterly ruined any trace of entertainment or joy within the game.
Wrong. I actually enjoy it. I would rather watch a game that is fairly reviewed, than allow terrible bad calls decide the result of a game.