Props to Dak

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
we need to cash in on those opportunities down close. we tend to grab losses from Jaws of victory. this team is not prepared for those big moments. the coaches. assistant coaches. QB, WRs, OL, RB, all of them
.....and who is the constant in those 'grab loses' (assuming we're referring to the two SF playoff loses and last weeks Eagles game) ,,,,,surely we've got a two minute drill as at the end of the day the ball's in Dak's hand.

He just comes up short time and time again in such scenario's, we cant keep throwing him out there (with his pending massive CAP hits, especially if we extend him) and expecting a different solution, especially when the weakness's you point to (the O-Line) will be without Tyron and Biadasz ( both free agents no CAP to replace them with anyone other than JAG's).

I will say that without a CAP, Dak would be the man, unfortunately there is a CAP and he cant raise his game to compensate for his large CAP hits (and subsequent reduction in weapons).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
.....and who is the constant in those 'grab loses' (assuming we're referring to the two SF playoff loses and last weeks Eagles game) ,,,,,surely we've got a two minute drill as at the end of the day the ball's in Dak's hand.

He just comes up short time and time again in such scenario's, we cant keep throwing him out there (with his pending massive CAP hits, especially if we extend him) and expecting a different solution, especially when the weakness's you point to (the O-Line) will be without Tyron and Biadasz ( both free agents no CAP to replace them with anyone other than JAG's).

I will say that without a CAP, Dak would be the man, unfortunately there is a CAP and he cant raise his game to compensate for his large CAP hits (and subsequent reduction in weapons).
in eagles game it was the coaches and Steele who screwed up royally. its lack of running game. when you are on the 6 yard line, you take one chance running down close and we just knew we couldn't. Steele sucked all game. ALL GAME. ALL GAME yet the coaches didn't change protection and left him on an island. guess what happened. so if you want to blame Dak, please do. but if you are going to say your hands are tied and you have to throw and catch the ball and block. then yeah he failed at that.

Reactions: CWR

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Why don't you sell that crap to somebody who doesn't watch football because we all know there are a bunch of other players on this team that must have also missed that school where they taught those three things... I guess you missed the part of the class to where it's a team game and the fact is the offensive line was bad there was no run game the defense was bad the referees were bad flags were flying all around but you want your quarterback to have all those things work for him?? There's so much delusion in here that you think quarterbacks can play well and that situation Prescott played as well as he possibly could given the situation around him was less than perfect for three straight weeks now... He's literally been carrying this offense for three weeks straight there's been nothing else but him and CD lamb playing street ball the whole professional football team around them might have missed that class about blocking in situational football and doing your job and limiting points to less than 28 points I mean the defense is the actual Majority of the reason we've lost those three games this year..

Y'all get lost in the fact that you have to have a better team better coaching better game plan and better execution around you to take that next step he has plenty of all those things you guys are talking about until everything around him is breaking down and hes got to go fight for every yard,,
Dak looked awesome today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hey I was just being honest I didn't call the man names I just letting him know that him just throwing those things out there to add to the little pile of things that Prescott is not good at without any context or mentioning any of the other things that we're breaking down for a while now especially in the playoffs

it's the same nonsense in the playoffs you show me the 2018 Rams games and the 2 niner games those three losses you showed me the run game you show me the physical offensive line you show me the genius play calling and the game plan and you show me the defense and I'll show you a history of playoff losses that were more to do with other factors around Prescott and not just Prescott they act like he can't take us to the promise land and I'm saying this team cannot take us to the promise land unless they all step up when it counts most and so far they have not..
Dak had his best game he has ever played today.
He was practicing today, that was awesome watching the chemistry starting to firmly establish.
Brooks got introduced, Gallup, Cooks playing huge.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
in eagles game it was the coaches and Steele who screwed up royally. its lack of running game. when you are on the 6 yard line, you take one chance running down close and we just knew we couldn't. Steele sucked all game. ALL GAME. ALL GAME yet the coaches didn't change protection and left him on an island. guess what happened. so if you want to blame Dak, please do. but if you are going to say your hands are tied and you have to throw and catch the ball and block. then yeah he failed at that.
You're doing your usual of trying to deflect away from Dak. Steele was dreadful (but, yes he was isolated), the coaching wasnt bad and in any case Dak had two chances in the last 4 mins to win it.

It's not blaming Dak, its more pointing out the important apparent hole in his game......the ability to lead his offense when needing a TD and the clock ticking down.

In the off-season you argued against Dak's poor >2 and >4 min stats (when trailing) ......he then comes up short again vrs Eagles (as well as the two SF games). YOU CAN IGNORE THAT ALL YOU WANT, BUT THAT'S REPEADELY HIS ACHILLES HEEL (EVEN IN GAMES WHERE HE's PLAYING WELL).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're doing your usual of trying to deflect away from Dak. Steele was dreadful (but, yes he was isolated), the coaching wasnt bad and in any case Dak had two chances in the last 4 mins to win it.

It's not blaming Dak, its more pointing out the important apparent hole in his game......the ability to lead his offense when needing a TD and the clock ticking down.

In the off-season you argued against Dak's poor >2 and >4 min stats (when trailing) ......he then comes up short again vrs Eagles (as well as the two SF games). YOU CAN IGNORE THAT ALL YOU WANT, BUT THAT'S REPEADELY HIS ACHILLES HEEL (EVEN IN GAMES WHERE HE's PLAYING WELL).
defelect? defelect from the fact that Steele had allowed for multiple sacks and 12 pressures in that one game alone? is that deflection? really? is it a defelction that we are at the 6 and the coaches have no confidence in making a single run because they don't trust the running game. defelection? really...

and you noticed I didn't say Dak didn't have a hand in it. but Dak wasn't the single reason behind it, which is what you so desparately trying to prove. one of you even said, that Dak should have known Steele sucks and account for that. screw the play call, just account for steele giving you 1 second before pressure is on you and make a play!!!

sorry, the debacle in Philly had more than Dak involved. but you can continue to point fingers at one person and blame him for everything, its ok continue to drive your agenda.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
and you noticed I didn't say Dak didn't have a hand in it. but Dak wasn't the single reason behind it, which is what you so desparately trying to prove.
As per usual you're putting words into fans mouths, I never said he's the only reason, that's your twisted paranoia when it comes to Dak.
My point remains that Dak will never get us to where we want him to be until he learns to carry at team at the most intense moments.
The only real consistent in the 2 SF games and now the Eagles game....is Dak.
Dak with a lead, or moving the chains is a different Dak to when the pressure's on.
We can't keep throwing money at him, if he can't take the increase responsibility. He'll always be a great QB who just couldn't win the big prize, partially due to his inability to execute in the most crucial moments.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Despite the usual bile from some of the haters on this forum, Dak played awesome, he easily outplayed Hurts.

This one is on the o-line, particularly Steele, who is a revolving door if I've ever seen one.
By all accounts, he had a great Philly game. This is his third straight 400 yard game, and no, not just the Midgets. One came vs. Philly.
It appears no team can play us man now that Cooks is hot and Gallup sees his contract slipping away.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

As per usual you're putting words into fans mouths, I never said he's the only reason, that's your twisted paranoia when it comes to Dak.
My point remains that Dak will never get us to where we want him to be until he learns to carry at team at the most intense moments.
The only real consistent in the 2 SF games and now the Eagles game....is Dak.
Dak with a lead, or moving the chains is a different Dak to when the pressure's on.
We can't keep throwing money at him, if he can't take the increase responsibility. He'll always be a great QB who just couldn't win the big prize, partially due to his inability to execute in the most crucial moments.
as usual. I don't put words in anybody's mouth. you do a fine job of that yourself. your own posts to remind you where you are placing blame, given you may be forgetting or have memory issues.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He was practicing today, that was awesome watching the chemistry starting to firmly establish.
Against possibly the worst team in the NFL right now...

200w.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak looked awesome today.
That's the thing dude he's looked good for four straight weeks now look good against the Eagles too I mean sometimes you gotta start putting blame or blame needs to be put the three losses this year you could put 60% of that loss on the defense all three of them go look at the games then we can go look at the offensive line the lack of a run game play calling execution et cetera et cetera there are a lot of reasons we lost those games that were not really Prescott related..

Nor am I going to sit here and say he played perfectly because he did not but he's really not the holding us back in my opinion...

if you go back to all those playoff games, it's more of the same ,you look at a lack of a run game, a lack of a physical offensive line , penalty's, drops, etc etc. So we come to the conclusion that Prescott is not Superman he's not athlete he can't carry a team by himself that is what the reality is for most quarterbacks he needs help yes he can beat bad teams without a lot of help but right now this team is suffering from the fact that they need to throw the football early and often in order to open up the run game instead of have the run game open up the passing game and then you notice how little time against the better defenses that he has to throw literally the last three weeks let's just take this giants game out of it but I'm talking about how little time he has to throw he's getting sacked or ran out of the pocket he's had guys drop passes oh or penalties either not called or called that are hurting this team and against the better teams he needs some support like a lot more support especially on offense we realize in the 49ers games in the playoffs it wasn't really all the defense although there was some problems with the defense in the 2021 game and the 2018 Rams game...

But go look at the three losses this year take a real hard look... The reality is what I'm describing, and this has happened in the playoffs every time we come across a good team with solid front 7 this OL is not getting it done. not in the run or pass and now the defense has joined the mess az, eagles and 9ers defense was straight up bad...

This team is going to need to clean that up if they want to go places...

pansophy

Reaction score
Red zone offense showed some signs of life yesterday despite failing from the 2 on the first drive. People do seem to forget they are still installing parts the offense, so there is reason to believe the offense can get better.

Our red zone defense is 22nd, so a few more FG“s instead of TD“s would also make a difference against good teams.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's the thing dude he's looked good for four straight weeks now look good against the Eagles too I mean sometimes you gotta start putting blame or blame needs to be put the three losses this year you could put 60% of that loss on the defense all three of them go look at the games then we can go look at the offensive line the lack of a run game play calling execution et cetera et cetera there are a lot of reasons we lost those games that were not really Prescott related..

Nor am I going to sit here and say he played perfectly because he did not but he's really not the holding us back in my opinion...

if you go back to all those playoff games, it's more of the same ,you look at a lack of a run game, a lack of a physical offensive line , penalty's, drops, etc etc. So we come to the conclusion that Prescott is not Superman he's not athlete he can't carry a team by himself that is what the reality is for most quarterbacks he needs help yes he can beat bad teams without a lot of help but right now this team is suffering from the fact that they need to throw the football early and often in order to open up the run game instead of have the run game open up the passing game and then you notice how little time against the better defenses that he has to throw literally the last three weeks let's just take this giants game out of it but I'm talking about how little time he has to throw he's getting sacked or ran out of the pocket he's had guys drop passes oh or penalties either not called or called that are hurting this team and against the better teams he needs some support like a lot more support especially on offense we realize in the 49ers games in the playoffs it wasn't really all the defense although there was some problems with the defense in the 2021 game and the 2018 Rams game...

But go look at the three losses this year take a real hard look... The reality is what I'm describing, and this has happened in the playoffs every time we come across a good team with solid front 7 this OL is not getting it done. not in the run or pass and now the defense has joined the mess az, eagles and 9ers defense was straight up bad...

This team is going to need to clean that up if they want to go places...
I'm not disputing you, I'm 100 percent down with this team hitting on all gears at the right moment, timing and health is everything.
We all recognize our hurdles in this conference race is the 49ers and Eagles, catching them on the turn is not a bad thing, but have to do it this time to get the respect.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
If Dak impressed you last night then that must mean your expectations are awfully low for the $40M qb. He played just at or around what a $40m qb should be playing on a consistent basis.

Look at what Doubs is doing first week into a brand new system. Look at Stroud with his putrid offensive weapons and line

Hurts played a mistake free game. Less yards yes but he wasn’t playing with a deficit the whole game.
How did Burrow look yesterday? Or Russel Wilson on any day? How many playoff games has Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson or Lamar Jackson won.

Stroud was the 2nd pick in the draft and will get his if he keeps playing this way. I am all for upgrading at QB if it happens, but right now, Dak is playing on another level.

Yes, he needs to do it in big games, playoffs, etc, but so does the entire team. Right now, they way he is playing, 40 million is a discount. We could have Danny Dimes. I wonder if he gets the same hate from New York Giant fans?

CWR

Reaction score

I think he was better against Tampa in the PLAYOFFS last year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How did Burrow look yesterday? Or Russel Wilson on any day? How many playoff games has Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson or Lamar Jackson won.

Stroud was the 2nd pick in the draft and will get his if he keeps playing this way. I am all for upgrading at QB if it happens, but right now, Dak is playing on another level.

Yes, he needs to do it in big games, playoffs, etc, but so does the entire team. Right now, they way he is playing, 40 million is a discount. We could have Danny Dimes. I wonder if he gets the same hate from New York Giant fans?
Agreed! :hammer:

Yeah, I believe the haters also forget that Prescott was the rookie of the year ,won 13 games as a rookie, and played really well in a playoff game against the Packers, but the defense lost that game... And Prescott did it being a fourth round pick that wasn't even supposed to play, not as a second overall pick.
The hate is real
so people keep forgetting our quarterback did the same things that Brock Purdy and CJ Stroud are doing amongst others or did it better as a rookie...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think he was better against Tampa in the PLAYOFFS last year.
Yeah this wasn't the best game it was one of his top games, I agree... I guess they forget these games like in Minnesota last year we absolutely blasted them.... There are games every year I can't remember them all but hell as a rookie he had many games that were great....

I think the statistics back it up he had how many 400 yard games now and also 400 yard games and over 4 touchdowns in the history of the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys?? I don't remember what they said but it's very high up.. That has to say that he's had many big games people just tend to selectively forget...

Reactions: CWR

erod

Reaction score
We've seen many games like this before.

We've also seen Dak play every bit as bad as Tommy DeVito against the 49ers and other top teams on multiple occasions.

The latter has to change before it matters.