Props to Jason Garrett, attaboy on Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I doubt even an idiot like Garrett would say that to someone. But if its true, all it does is prove he has no idea how to coach. A good coach would have told him to take his time and consider the repercussions of his poor decisions. Instead, he encourages him to break the law. Good job, Garrett.

Dude, do not make Irving a victim.

He's a grown man. They gave him three years to grow up.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Thanks! You're entitle to your opinion too.
Hey, that's what this board is all about.

Touché, and ditto.
But my initial post was not directed toward you. Your post was specifically directed toward me. :)

It is federally illegal but tolerated. And some people don't think the federal government is right to control their states. Texas was one of those states.
But what people THINK and what laws are on the books are two different matters.
To the relevant point, it is NOT my opinion that smoking marijuana is sin. It is what is on the books. And regardless if Texas or a few other states allow marijuana use, it is still not acceptable federally. And that is not a mere opinion.

Also, one last thing that has nothing to do with your post. And it's not to be a jerk, but just because I hate it when people say it to me. That is not the definition of insanity in your signature panel. It's just a quote from Albert Einstein.
I understand that's not the TRUE definition of insanity. I lived with a doctor in psychology enough to know that. But it conveys a sentiment that is appropriate based on the context in which I quoted it.
It's similar to the quote "Love is never having to say you're sorry" or "Love is a many splendored thing". It's a simplistic way to convey a meaning.

JayFord

Reaction score
I’ve heard reports that Irving has been diagnosed with schizophrenia

However if Garrett said what is reported it’s hard to be mad.....you’re suspended 8 games play 3 then get injured 5 more then rinse and repeat

It’s frustrating when you expect someone to show up for work that’s good at their job but can’t get it together

I mean it’s like your best shooter on call of duty gets banned for 2 days then plays 3 days in a row racks up 200 kills, you don’t see him for a month then he plays half a just to get booted and banned for 6 weeks

triplets_93

Reaction score
I think he's going to do well financially in the cannabis industry. He's also producing a docuseries as the article points out:

"Irving also confirmed he will serve as executive producer of a new docuseries called “Shut Up and Tackle,” which focuses on the league’s controversial stance on drug use."

If my hunch is correct, he's trying to pressure the NFL to legalize weed within the NFL. Then if it works he's probably gonna start playing again.

Also, smoking weed is not a sin.

If David's last name was Kennedy, and it was during the time the Federal Govt. said drinking alcohol was a sin, and was illegal to posses it, then the Irving might have built quite a fortune bootlegging.

FTWayne

Reaction score
if garrett can't support all the players, he's a hater.. Where's the hater guy at? "tell'em hater guy"

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett tries not to bash players in public but hats off to Garrett for speaking the truth to Irving in private.

“He told me I should just quit, smoke all the weed I want, the team didn’t need me,” the 25-year-old told USA Today Sports on Thursday. “I’m a distraction to the team.”

Irving is an idiot for wasting an opportunity to earn enough income in a few years to last a lifetime. Don't forget the retirement and healthcare.

Garrett earned a little more respect with this article.

I've been telling Garrett the same thing for 8 years

You're an idiot
You're a moron
You are a distraction
You should just quit

Where is my 'atta boy'?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
No they wouldn't , they gave him all the time he needed 3 years, you want to bash Garrett so bad, even if it make you look like a moron in the process...lol

And you defend him to the point of looking like a moron.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Garrett's job is to worry about the team. How long is he supposed to ask Irving to consider his poor decisions? One year, two years, three? Irving obviously didn't care about football.I enjoy weed when I can get my hands on it, I think it should be legal, but as it stands right now, it's not legal in the NFL. I also agree with Irving that the NFL is pushing opioids which are far more deadly than weed. But, it just is what it is right now.

I respect your thoughts subject of weed. I really don't have an opinion on weed from a legal stand point. My stance on the subject of weed is simple, if your job outlines a specific rule on a drug, it would be in your best interest to abide by that rule. I work very hard for the money I make, which does not compare to Irving, and I can't afford to lose my job. I think the players union should change their stance on the use of marijuana as more states make it legal, this could be negotiated into the CBA. However, Irving knew what he was getting into. Irving is not the victim, his teammates, and fans are the victim

All Irving had to do was keep clean for like a month, that's it. The NFL only test one time a year for recreational drugs and they even tell you what date its going to happen. So if you know you are being tested on May 31st, just dont smoke any weed during the month and you will pee clean. Then you can smoke all the dam weed you want.The majority of players in the NFL smoke weed regularly, they are just not stupid like Irving is and smoke it the night before their pee test.
EDIT#### And on a side note, its not just the NFL that tests for weed. .

I should have mentioned this and forgot to write it. Thanks for pointing on the testing protocol. If I liked weed, I would make sure I was clean for the first test. Because, one a player fails, then they get tested frequently. Passing the test is a no-brainer and I just don't understand how players don't understand to quit 30 days prior to the test.

Paradox

Reaction score
But what people THINK and what laws are on the books are two different matters.
To the relevant point, it is NOT my opinion that smoking marijuana is sin. It is what is on the books. And regardless if Texas or a few other states allow marijuana use, it is still not acceptable federally. And that is not a mere opinion.

I thought we dropped the sin thing. The context in which you're using it is a little confusing, too.

You appear to think the NFL will adhere to federal law with absolution and I do not. I think it will eventually cave to the pressure of the masses and former players. Agree to disagree there.

I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said. And with that, I bid you adieu! Because I will go make some meaty nachos.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I thought we dropped the sin thing. The context in which you're using it is a little confusing, too.
Sin is simply the transgression of the law. The Good Book defines it as such as does the legal system. However, "sin" is a socially unacceptable term, so I'll - for the sake of this argument - I'll concede your point.

You appear to think the NFL will adhere to federal law with absolution and I do not. I think it will eventually cave to the pressure of the masses and former players. Agree to disagree there.
Fair enough.

I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said. And with that, I bid you adieu! Because I will go make some meaty nachos.
Yummy! :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm game.

Care if I message you since it's nit an allowed topic?

Nah. I'm in the midst of writing a 10-page paper on "Institutional theory" for a doctorate level course, and I absolutely HATE academic readings. (Why can't they just put things simply?) So I'm trying to cipher through what these edumacated, scholarly big wigs are saying and relate it to the subject of my paper.
This board offers me a break between serious and frivolous reading.
Be that as it may, I'm not condemning Irving. I just think he's going to regret his decision, as many of us once younger people who now have reached an age of reflection do.
Maybe we can chat some other time. It's tempting, but I need to get back to my work.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Nah. I'm in the midst of writing a 10-page paper on "Institutional theory" for a doctorate level course, and I absolutely HATE academic readings. (Why can't they just put things simply?) So I'm trying to cipher through what these edumacated, scholarly big wigs are saying and relate it to the subject of my paper.
This board offers me a break between serious and frivolous reading.
Be that as it may, I'm not condemning Irving. I just think he's going to regret his decision, as many of us once younger people who now have reached an age of reflection do.
Maybe we can chat some other time. It's tempting, but I need to get back to my work.
That actually sounds more interesting. Good luck.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LOL @ the idea of Irving being very successful at anything. He just blew the one career field where he was gifted with a top .01% talent advantage.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
who knows whether or not garrett made that comment. david irving isn't the most credible source out there. definitely seeing some narcissistic personality disorder in his closet.
It's big enough to notice to where you flagged it? it was obvious to me back with his ensuing chatter after the mangled nipple incident in training camp ,and,if that wasn't enough, then that valentine's day 3some tweet sure should've been,,, the problem is Bro, I didn't care,all I cared about was having him suited up on game day& seeing him out on the field helping the team, ya know? Hell,even law enforcement agencies overlook certain indiscretions if it furthers the end to a means.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Irving is going to eventually regret the opportunity he wasted. He's too young now. But when he gets around 40, and he can't move around like he used to and he's working a $30,000 a year job, and he's about to be kicked to the side by some 20 something who will work for half he makes, his blown opportunity will smack him in the face as hard as Mike Tyson punch.

It's so sad that a habit can seize control of a man and won't let him go until it has exacted all it can.

Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, cost you more than you want to pay. :(
Has absolutely zero to do about habit and 100% to do with upbringing. So please, be aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.