CFZ Pump the brakes

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where does it rank if we take the first game that Dak played out of the equation?
I’m not sure. I haven’t seen those stats .

But I’d suspect without Game 1 it would be very similar . One game isn’t going to skew it much.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I only hope if Dak does faulter, they have the guts to pull him. I expect him to play and play well, but I'm not going to just ignore how last season concluded or week 1.
If you expect Dak to be perfect, then you will want him pulled. He's going to throw an int or two. He may fumble. But to pull him? No. I don't hear anyone saying pull other players if they faulter. Newsflash...Rush is not lighting the league on fire. He threw for 100 yards....100 yards! Almost a pick 6. And don't give me that almost don't count because you guys have been using almost with Dak ever since he became the starter. Rush is just what he is...a backup. No threat to Dak as starter...I know it hurts a lot of you guys feelings but it is what it is. If Rush was a very good QB, I'd be the first to say it. Staubach was my favorite. But, you don't pull Dak unless he is the cause of many losses with his bad play.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to start splashing the anointing oil.
However, I didn't think we'd beat the Rams.
But we did. Handily.
I don't care if they were ailing. We are too.
As far as I'm concerned, this was a stepping stone.
We've got to continue to get better.
For now, I like what I see.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I don't think you can diminish this win. The Cowboys were underdogs and beat the defending champs with a backup QB. The deck was stacked against the Cowboys to lose and it didn't matter.
Let's keep it real here....the Rams are not the Rams of last year. And we dominated on defense and a good run game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People weren't saying that when Dak was back there. It doesn't mean we won't be a similar offense. It means we will be a more dynamic offense with more weapons. Rush is not a weapon in this offense. If we win with Rush, we win with Dak....easily.

Well, I hate to break it to you but Dak is no weapon. He's a bus driver that thinks he's a weapon which is far more problematic than a back-up that knows what he can and can't do. Rush is 5-0 as a starter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we are a playoff contender with Prescott with an average to below average defense , then we become a SB contender with a top 10 defense.

It’s everything we’ve been asking for and wanting throughout the Romo and Prescott eras. Not sure why everyone isn’t embracing it. I’ve never been this excited last couple decades. Parsons is our Golden God.

We have the winning formula . If Rush can drive this bus then Prescott can too.

Reactions: CWR

DenCWBY

Reaction score
He beat a GB team. He beat a Pittsburgh team. He beat a Philly team. Tell me what past Dallas QB that has a better NFC east record than Dak? Lol...this notion that he can't beat a .500 team or better is completely false...and a lot of you know it. Lmao
Yes he beat those teams early on in his career with arguably the best receiving corp and RB in the league at that time. He loses or fails when it counts in Dec and Jan. His best game (most promising game was first round PO against the Seahags and since then he's hurt or getting beaten by better D coordinators and now that they have much more tape to exploit his flaws. He's not improving with time but actually looks to be regressing esp. when it counts. I hope I'm wrong and he lights it up but lately he looks average and worse against competitive teams.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Well, I hate to break it to you but Dak is no weapon. He's a bus driver that thinks he's a weapon which is far more problematic than a back-up that knows what he can and can't do. Rush is 5-0 as a starter.
Dak is a weapon whether you want to accept it or not. Rush is 5-0 as a starter cause he happens to be behind center. He threw for 100 yards! Had Dak did that, you guys will want his head. Rush played good against Minnesota last year, but he's not a full-time started in this league.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Pump the brakes?

Everyone wanted the Cowboys to mimic the Rams.

And this team beat the Rams?

The only thing people need to pump the brakes on is parroting the same tired schtick over and over.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a weapon whether you want to accept it or not. Rush is 5-0 as a starter cause he happens to be behind center. He threw for 100 yards! Had Dak did that, you guys will want his head. Rush played good against Minnesota last year, but he's not a full-time started in this league.

He sure wasn't a weapon the last time I saw him play. He put up 3 points on Tampa and lost.

He is 5-0 as a full time starter. He is just what this teams needs, apparently.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pump the brakes?

Everyone wanted the Cowboys to mimic the Rams.

And this team beat the Rams?

The only thing people need to pump the brakes on is parroting the same tired schtick over and over.

Mimic as in win a super bowl. Pretty sure that didn't happen yesterday.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
nothing funny about a 40 million dollar Qb generating 3 points in a loss. Thank God a change was made.

it’s paid off so far, however it’s time for Rayne to man up and play against the Eagles……unless he needs lil ol Cooper Rush to get that win too.
Y’all said we couldn’t build a proper team around Dak. WRONG! Again lol.

Reactions: CWR

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Let's keep it real here....the Rams are not the Rams of last year. And we dominated on defense and a good run game.

Though they may not be a lot of people including Vegas believe they're better than the Cowboys leading up to the game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that the same measurement you use for all QB’s in the NFL, only their last game? Lol

When comparing the 2 QBs, it is the only measure you can make. Dak was plugged into the same offense with same personnel and scored 3 points and lost. Cooper Rush took that same offense with the same personnel and has run off 4 straight wins.