CFZ Pump the brakes

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The game situation dictated those stats . . . But those stats are meaningless because Cooper directed The Boys to a win

Dak panics and loses that game. . . And this thread would be

"PUMP THE BREAKS ON ANOINTING TYLER SMITH"

or

"POOR DAK HAS NO TIME TO THROW THE BALL"
You really believe that it was Rush who directed or led the Cowboys to victory not Parsons and the defense?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When most posters saw this schedule last spring, nobody thought the LA game was winnable, let alone with CR at QB. But lets look at the Rams in 2022., They are 2-3 and have had 5 different OL configurations in the first 5 games of the season. They are an offensive mess and not the same offense that won the super bowl. Yesterdays game was a perfect storm with our elite defensive pressure combining with there OL problems to blow up their offense accept for that one 75 yard TD to CC which was simply the best WR in the NFL making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball. It was a fluke play and they could do nothing on offense for 95% of the game.

As for our OL, we could not block Aaron Donald's pass rush which is why CR only had 16 throws. It must have killed Moore to run the ball 30 times. lol. But, the offense was stymied most of the game and needed a defensive TD and a spectacular 57 yard TD run from Pollard to win this game.

The Eagles don't have Donald, but they have a better overall DL. This is not the same defense Dak torched last year. That said, if Cooper Rush wins this game to start 5-0, how do you bench him? I know we will but...............
You can pump the brakes. I’m pumping the accelerator.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never understood these "pump the break" posts.

Why do fans have to do that? We are not playing in the games ...... We only cheer for the team.

Telling a fan to pump the breaks is stupid.

shabazz

Reaction score
You really believe that it was Rush who directed or led the Cowboys to victory not Parsons and the defense?

It’s a fair question but let me ask another, “if the Cowboys lost wouldn’t it have been blamed on Cooper Rush”

since Donald was destroying our offensive line, wasn’t the best game plan one that minimized the passing game? When the defense is balling AND special teams are contributing, why not make the running game the priority? In this case more was less.

one thing we have seen is that in every game where we have fallen behind , Moore has called Rushs number and he’s come out slinging to either tie games or take the lead.

I realize now that we haven’t seen Rushs ceiling yet……and the WRs dropping sure catches isn’t helping his case either

cowboyec

Reaction score
And you are showing bravery? lol.

It takes no guts or intelligence to throw poop at a discussion as you are doing. You have zero criticism of the team? No insights? Go shake those pom poms.
discussion?
you have 0 interest in a discussion.
just trolling after a win looking for likes among the miserable.
dak will soon return and so will your usual dak sucks routine.
like i said.
threads like this are my favorite part of mondays following a win.
the excuses as to why it happened.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s a fair question but let me ask another, “if the Cowboys lost wouldn’t it have been blamed on Cooper Rush”

We don't know. It depends on how we lose. All we can ask from a backup is to not be the reason we lose. We can lose and it still not be because of Rush. If we do lose, I'm ok with it just as long it's not because of Rush.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
When most posters saw this schedule last spring, nobody thought the LA game was winnable, let alone with CR at QB. But lets look at the Rams in 2022., They are 2-3 and have had 5 different OL configurations in the first 5 games of the season. They are an offensive mess and not the same offense that won the super bowl. Yesterdays game was a perfect storm with our elite defensive pressure combining with there OL problems to blow up their offense accept for that one 75 yard TD to CC which was simply the best WR in the NFL making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball. It was a fluke play and they could do nothing on offense for 95% of the game.

As for our OL, we could not block Aaron Donald's pass rush which is why CR only had 16 throws. It must have killed Moore to run the ball 30 times. lol. But, the offense was stymied most of the game and needed a defensive TD and a spectacular 57 yard TD run from Pollard to win this game.

The Eagles don't have Donald, but they have a better overall DL. This is not the same defense Dak torched last year. That said, if Cooper Rush wins this game to start 5-0, how do you bench him? I know we will but...............
Easily....we rank 30th in 3rd down conversions. 20-something in redzone offense. We have no offense whatsoever. I admit he hasn't turned the ball over.....he escaped a few (ints were negated because of penalties). Our offense is bad. Just being under center because we're winning doesn't mean you remain QB going forward.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'm messing with you. I just don't see how an argument can't be made after watching Dak's disaster in Tampa that CR isn't a better fit for this offense. The dude is 4-0 and had never lost a game as a starting QB. If he beats a 5-0 Philly to add to the pair of super bowl champs, you still think Dak can do better? How? When has Dak EVER done better than that?
Rush is being coddled, just like Dak was being coddled in 2016. A lot of plays from under center and no option routes. Most of the pass plays are either or plays. Throw it to this guy or that guy based off a read. The offense tends to work better when the QB is being coddled. So if Dak comes back and Moore keeps calling the same type of plays...we could be a power house team. Dak is a bus driver and if Moore treats him like a bus driver this team would be ten times better.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When opportunities for happiness present themselves, grab them and do not worry about tomorrow.

Over the years, the Cowboys have supplied us with ample opportunities for happiness.........problem is those are usually in September and October.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The win yesterday was a very good win.

But as this season unfolded, it's clear that the Rams game was the more winnable game of this two game stretch. Philly is very good. They are better than the Rams right now. It's in their building at night. It will be tough to get a W next week but if we do, that would be a season altering win.
A win Sunday night makes us the fav in the nfc.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Exactly.

As I stated all offseason...they get any injuries they are screwed. Viola.

They got lucky last year, very much like the Eagles got lucky in 2017. Reality and good football basics tend to catch up pretty quickly in these situations. Same with the Bengals...i said they will never get to another super bowl and people scoffed....
Lol. The eagles got lucky in 2017? They lost their then mvp favourite qb in week 14. They also lost their Pro bowl LT and a few other starters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

because he is driving the bus. Qbs don’t win games, teams do. Now if he’s throwing for 350 yards and 3tds and willing us to win, fine keep him in there.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
My only concern is Philly at home because it will be rocking....and our health. Not referring to Dak (although I would feel much better about this game with him), it is Schwartz, Dlaw and Micah.

I am sure there are other dings too I am not thinking of....we just can't sustain many more injuries.
Luckily the eagles will be beat up as well. Outside of qb they are more beat up than us.

Ken

Reaction score
Lol. The eagles got lucky in 2017? They lost their then mvp favourite qb in week 14. They also lost their Pro bowl LT and a few other starters.
No way does Wentz win the Super Bowl. No way, he was EXTREMELY flawed that season as well.

They went for it on 4th down more than anyone ever has and it worked in their favor. Luck ran out in following seasons.

Also, the easiest schedule in recorded history and faced the Falcons and Chase Keenum led Vikes in the playoffs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easily....we rank 30th in 3rd down conversions. 20-something in redzone offense. We have no offense whatsoever. I admit he hasn't turned the ball over.....he escaped a few (ints were negated because of penalties). Our offense is bad. Just being under center because we're winning doesn't mean you remain QB going forward.

The offense is not bad. It is different. We ran for for 163 yards yesterday and there was no need for Cooper to pass much. Piling up lots of offensive numbers (mostly against bad teams) isn't the bar. Winning is the bar.

This team can win with great defense, a capable running game, and a Qb who can make the throws when called upon and not turn the ball over.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
No way does Wentz win the Super Bowl. No way, he was EXTREMELY flawed that season as well.

They went for it on 4th down more than anyone ever has and it worked in their favor. Luck ran out in following seasons.
He was the mvp of the league deep into the season. Saying they wouldn’t of won with him is a little silly.

Shane612

Reaction score
Man, some of you just can't have a discussion. So what happened in the Tampa game smart guy and what's changed...... other than a back-up QB.
Definition of a wet blanket: AtlantaCowboy.
:laugh:
Can't you just enjoy the moment, and hope it continues?
If they lose...so what?
It's just a game.