CFZ Pump the brakes

Ken

Reaction score
He was the mvp of the league deep into the season. Saying they wouldn’t of won with him is a little silly.
I was the guy on here saying all season how bad he was and lucky he was. I was the guy saying how I had never seen guys running wide open ALL SEASON like the eagles did that year.

My point was proven when they ended up winning the Super Bowl with their backup qb and Wentz flamed out the rest of his career.

Sorry, I haven't changed on this topic at all.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Definition of a wet blanket: AtlantaCowboy.
:laugh:
Can't you just enjoy the moment, and hope it continues?
If they lose...so what?
It's just a game.
It’s a week to week league. Maybe we were just a great team that came out flat week 1.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way does Wentz win the Super Bowl. No way, he was EXTREMELY flawed that season as well.

They went for it on 4th down more than anyone ever has and it worked in their favor. Luck ran out in following seasons.

Also, the easiest schedule in recorded history and faced the Falcons and Chase Keenum led Vikes in the playoffs.

Common Ken, if it is so easy, why can't we do it? Give the Beagles their due. They won that Super Bowl with a mash unit on OL and a back-up QB. It was impressive any way you want to cut it, and they had to beat Tom Brady and that dynasty to do it.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I was the guy on here saying all season how bad he was and lucky he was. I was the guy saying how I had never seen guys running wide open ALL SEASON like the eagles did that year.

My point was proven when they ended up winning the Super Bowl with their backup qb and Wentz flamed out the rest of his career.

Sorry, I haven't changed on this topic at all.
Hardly proven. I think they win either way…but unprovable so why make absolute statements on it.

Reactions: Ken

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definition of a wet blanket: AtlantaCowboy.
:laugh:
Can't you just enjoy the moment, and hope it continues?
If they lose...so what?
It's just a game.

Shane, I've been a cowboy fan since 1975. So, it takes a lot to get me excited about anything, let alone a regular season football game. :flagwave:

Ken

Reaction score
Common Ken, if it is so easy, why can't we do it? Give the Beagles their due. They won that Super Bowl with a mash unit on OL and a back-up QB. It was impressive any way you want to cut it, and they had to beat Tom Brady and that dynasty to do it.
I mean, true.

IMO, it wouldn't have happened with Wentz at QB. Again...their Luck was he got hurt. The team hated him and he left a lot of yards on the field.

Their coaching...particularly Reich at OC was outstanding that year. They did step up and beat the Pats...I give them that.

Kind of how you have to win a super bowl though...need a lot of luck. See LA last year where Tarte drops a gimme.

Ken

Reaction score
Hardly proven. I think they win either way…but unprovable so why make absolute statements on it.
Ya it isn't proveable. That is the problem with these convos.

Only thing I can say was I was right about Wentz that season. While everyone on here was fawning over him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, true.

IMO, it wouldn't have happened with Wentz at QB. Again...their Luck was he got hurt. The team hated him and he left a lot of yards on the field.

Their coaching...particularly Reich at OC was outstanding that year. They did step up and beat the Pats...I give them that.

Kind of how you have to win a super bowl though...need a lot of luck. See LA last year where Tarte drops a gimme.

Same way Eli Manning won his Super Bowls with crazy fluke catches. I get it. It would just be nice for lightening to strike Dallas one season for a change. This feels like 2007 with a loaded defense and a lot of questions on offense.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Same way Eli Manning won his Super Bowls with crazy fluke catches. I get it. It would just be nice for lightening to strike Dallas one season for a change. This feels like 2007 with a loaded defense and a lot of questions on offense.
Yes, very similar.

Eli was SOOO overated it wasn't even funny. Talk about Garbage time stats...there were seasons where he lived on getting all of his production while getting blown out. It used to drive me nuts.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was the mvp of the league deep into the season. Saying they wouldn’t of won with him is a little silly.
Maybe. Wentz made 26 rushing first downs w/ his legs in 13 games that year. That is/was unsustainable. They won the super bowl on the strength of Foles's passing. Foles is a much better passer than Wentz. Not sure if Wentz wins that super bowl.

Shane612

Reaction score
Shane, I've been a cowboy fan since 1975. So, it takes a lot to get me excited about anything, let alone a regular season football game. :flagwave:
I've been a fan since 1971.
And given the last 25+ years, I'm enjoying this as it happens. If they lose, no skin off my back.....lol
Rush is the underdog, and I always root for the underdog, except Clint Longley. He can rot in hell.

kskboys

Reaction score
It would be tough. The NYG's that season had the deepest most talented DLine rotation in football, and they rode that to the super bowl win, despite Eli being his usual inconsistent self.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The offense is not bad. It is different. We ran for for 163 yards yesterday and there was no need for Cooper to pass much. Piling up lots of offensive numbers (mostly against bad teams) isn't the bar. Winning is the bar.

This team can win with great defense, a capable running game, and a Qb who can make the throws when called upon and not turn the ball over.
If our 7th ranked defense wasn’t carrying this 26th ranked offense we’d be bashing it.

Our offense during the Romo and Prescott era has up until this point had to carry a below average to bottom tier defense. Fortunately the tide has turned and all we need is a ball control offense. At some point we might need a more productive offense. We shall see.

But it’s very doubtful this 26th ranked offense under Cooper Rush would have had much success with the type of defenses we’ve had this era overall.

kskboys

Reaction score
If our 7th ranked defense wasn’t carrying this 26th ranked offense we’d be bashing it.

Our offense during the Romo and Prescott era has up until this point had to carry a below average to bottom tier defense. Fortunately the tide has turned and all we need is a ball control offense. At some point we might need a more productive offense. We shall see.

But it’s very doubtful this 26th ranked offense under Cooper Rush would have had much success with the type of defenses we’ve had this era overall.
Where does it rank if we take the first game that Dak played out of the equation?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
The offense is not bad. It is different. We ran for for 163 yards yesterday and there was no need for Cooper to pass much. Piling up lots of offensive numbers (mostly against bad teams) isn't the bar. Winning is the bar.

This team can win with great defense, a capable running game, and a Qb who can make the throws when called upon and not turn the ball over.
People weren't saying that when Dak was back there. It doesn't mean we won't be a similar offense. It means we will be a more dynamic offense with more weapons. Rush is not a weapon in this offense. If we win with Rush, we win with Dak....easily.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

If we even have close to the offense we had in our playoff seasons under Prescott it should be ample with this type of defense . Enough to take us further than we’ve been since the 90’s.

This is the first time since those 90’s team I feel we have enough to go deeper . Only because of this defense and close to the offense we’ve had in previous seasons and Prescott.

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
When most posters saw this schedule last spring, nobody thought the LA game was winnable, let alone with CR at QB. But lets look at the Rams in 2022., They are 2-3 and have had 5 different OL configurations in the first 5 games of the season. They are an offensive mess and not the same offense that won the super bowl. Yesterdays game was a perfect storm with our elite defensive pressure combining with there OL problems to blow up their offense accept for that one 75 yard TD to CC which was simply the best WR in the NFL making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball. It was a fluke play and they could do nothing on offense for 95% of the game.

As for our OL, we could not block Aaron Donald's pass rush which is why CR only had 16 throws. It must have killed Moore to run the ball 30 times. lol. But, the offense was stymied most of the game and needed a defensive TD and a spectacular 57 yard TD run from Pollard to win this game.

The Eagles don't have Donald, but they have a better overall DL. This is not the same defense Dak torched last year. That said, if Cooper Rush wins this game to start 5-0, how do you bench him? I know we will but...............

Dude we have our backup QB playing and a rookie LT

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Thats where I disagree. Dak has not proven over the last few years (esp. when playing against above .500 teams) he can handle the risks.
He beat a GB team. He beat a Pittsburgh team. He beat a Philly team. Tell me what past Dallas QB that has a better NFC east record than Dak? Lol...this notion that he can't beat a .500 team or better is completely false...and a lot of you know it. Lmao