CFZ Pump the brakes

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The good teams aren't struggling. Buffalo is 4-1...... KC is 3-1........ Philly is 5-0........ The only surprises not just in terms of record but in terms of how they are playing are the Rams and Cincy. The Rams have a -36 point differential which second worst in the NFL. They aren't good this year. They don't have the OL or anything at RB.
Tampa was 2-2, Arizona, Tennessee, SF, LA. That’s almost half of the playoff teams.

Reactions: CWR

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When most posters saw this schedule last spring, nobody thought the LA game was winnable, let alone with CR at QB. But lets look at the Rams in 2022., They are 2-3 and have had 5 different OL configurations in the first 5 games of the season. They are an offensive mess and not the same offense that won the super bowl. Yesterdays game was a perfect storm with our elite defensive pressure combining with there OL problems to blow up their offense accept for that one 75 yard TD to CC which was simply the best WR in the NFL making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball. It was a fluke play and they could do nothing on offense for 95% of the game.

As for our OL, we could not block Aaron Donald's pass rush which is why CR only had 16 throws. It must have killed Moore to run the ball 30 times. lol. But, the offense was stymied most of the game and needed a defensive TD and a spectacular 57 yard TD run from Pollard to win this game.

The Eagles don't have Donald, but they have a better overall DL. This is not the same defense Dak torched last year. That said, if Cooper Rush wins this game to start 5-0, how do you bench him? I know we will but...............
I understand that every fan on this site that hates Dak Prescott automatically loves Cooper Rush, but the facts are:
  1. Rush is 5-0 as a starter.
  2. Last year’s Vikings game is the only one where he’s actually responsible for winning the game imo.
He had almost nothing to do with yesterday’s win. If he is the reason we win vs the Eagles, I’ll give him credit, but we are winning with defense and him handing the ball off most of the game and throwing mostly safe passes. It was clear by many of the calls yesterday that the coaches do not want him trying to convert 3rd downs over 5-6 yards. Personally, I think they should trust him more.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
I understand that every fan on this site that hates Dak Prescott automatically loves Cooper Rush, but the facts are:
  1. Rush is 5-0 as a starter.
  2. Last year’s Vikings game is the only one where he’s actually responsible for winning the game imo.
He had almost nothing to do with yesterday’s win. If he is the reason we win vs the Eagles, I’ll give him credit, but we are winning with defense and him handing the ball off most of the game and throwing mostly safe passes. It was clear by many of the calls yesterday that the coaches do not want him trying to convert 3rd downs over 5-6 yards. Personally, I think they should trust him more.
I hate Dak, but be fair… Statistically Rush has been below average. Our next franchise quarterback is likely in college or high school right now.

JBond

Reaction score
:huh:
Am I missing something?
I do not get onto arguments on this site. Rush has been better than most expected. Hope he gets a great payday out of it. No shade. Not the biggest Dak fan either. Dak, if well, is the better QB. Hopefully he sat and watched and learned from the things Rush does really well.

erod

Reaction score
nope.
most on here thought we'd lose.
rams were favored.
we won.
now the excuses.
its my favorite part of mondays after a win.
we didn't beat the rams because they're bad.
we beat them because we're good.
Actually, I felt more confident about this game than any so far other than Washington.

The Rams are in a bad way right now and didn't match well with Dallas. They are injured and playing poorly. Stafford was under seige from the first snap just as expected.

The Rams had -4 yards rushing the final three quarters. Stafford was a bloody pulp. They had no chance to move the ball. Other than a tremendous throw and a Cooper Kupp masterpiece play, their offense couldn't manage a thing.

They'll get better when they get players back, but yesterday played to form.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hi hate Dak, but be fair… Statistically Rush has been below average. Our next franchise quarterback is likely in college or high school right now.
I’d love to see us draft next year Prescotts heir apparent. Supposed to be a banner draft for QB’s in 2023 which is Prescotts last year of current contract.

If we had closer to an Elite QB with Parsons and this defense could be unstoppable.

NotForLong

Reaction score
You really believe that our success is because of Rush?
Ok then… lol

What was I thinking. No way we win without those 102 passing yards:)
The game situation dictated those stats . . . But those stats are meaningless because Cooper directed The Boys to a win

Dak panics and loses that game. . . And this thread would be

"PUMP THE BREAKS ON ANOINTING TYLER SMITH"

or

"POOR DAK HAS NO TIME TO THROW THE BALL"

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No! Why would any fan want to pump the brakes on a team whose tearing the league apart with a backup quarterback? Could care less about the other franchises excuses for losing to a backup. Coach McCarthy & Coach Quinn are doing a phenomenal job! Touche'

Reactions: Ken

NotForLong

Reaction score
I do not get onto arguments on this site. Rush has been better than most expected. Hope he gets a great payday out of it. No shade. Not the biggest Dak fan either. Dak, if well, is the better QB. Hopefully he sat and watched and learned from the things Rush does really well.
Me too . . . So when He becomes a studio analyst next year He will actually know what He is talking about.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Sydla

Reaction score
The win yesterday was a very good win.

But as this season unfolded, it's clear that the Rams game was the more winnable game of this two game stretch. Philly is very good. They are better than the Rams right now. It's in their building at night. It will be tough to get a W next week but if we do, that would be a season altering win.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really believe that our success is because of Rush?
Ok then… lol

What was I thinking. No way we win without those 102 passing yards:)
The defense is stellar....and the main reason we're here.

But we MUST give credit to Cooper and maybe KM for the way this offense is playing ....responsibly.

But I think his point is that you just don;t throw the keys over and it's an automatic continuation. Timing, cadence, play calls, audibles....a lot of factors may change things. Hopefully for the better...but proof is in the actual playing.

JBond

Reaction score

But as this season unfolded, it's clear that the Rams game was the more winnable game of this two game stretch. Philly is very good. They are better than the Rams right now. It's in their building at night. It will be tough to get a W next week but if we do, that would be a season altering win.
F the dirty birds. Cowboys got this!

Ken

Reaction score
No! Why would any fan want to pump the brakes on a team whose tearing the league apart with a backup quarterback? Could care less about the other franchises excuses for losing to a backup. Coach McCarthy & Coach Quinn are doing a phenomenal job! Touche'
No no...you have to mute your enthusiasm. It is not acceptable to actually enjoy what it is we all congregate on this board for....lol

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
How quickly things change.

Last year, Rams were the definition of how to do it in the Front Office. Lose the draft picks, get the elite talent.

Now everyone is saying they have no depth, and are in a similar situation as our 90’s Dynasty last years, or an NBA Team that trades it all to get a 2-3 All Stars.

Ken

Reaction score

My only concern is Philly at home because it will be rocking....and our health. Not referring to Dak (although I would feel much better about this game with him), it is Schwartz, Dlaw and Micah.

I am sure there are other dings too I am not thinking of....we just can't sustain many more injuries.

Ken

Reaction score
How quickly things change.

Last year, Rams were the definition of how to do it in the Front Office. Lose the draft picks, get the elite talent.

Now everyone is saying they have no depth, and are in a similar situation as our 90’s Dynasty last years, or an NBA Team that trades it all to get a 2-3 All Stars.
Exactly.

As I stated all offseason...they get any injuries they are screwed. Viola.

They got lucky last year, very much like the Eagles got lucky in 2017. Reality and good football basics tend to catch up pretty quickly in these situations. Same with the Bengals...i said they will never get to another super bowl and people scoffed....