CFZ Pump the brakes

terra

Reaction score
I'm tired of pumping breaks, you want to pump them fine. Dallas is playing outstanding defense and winning game, if that is not a reason to be excited then may as well stop watching the games. As for Rush, I'm thankful for the job he has done but there is no doubt Cowboys need to get Dak back, the offense is not producing as they need to. Offense outside of a couple of plays did little we had 76 yards passing, 5 of 15 on 3rd down. I love what Rush done but this offense needs Dak back in the lineup
Only the Dak before his injury will help this team. Post injury Dak is frankly a liability.

terra

Reaction score
Exactly.

As I stated all offseason...they get any injuries they are screwed. Viola.

They got lucky last year, very much like the Eagles got lucky in 2017. Reality and good football basics tend to catch up pretty quickly in these situations. Same with the Bengals...i said they will never get to another super bowl and people scoffed....
While your God Jethro is a clown in the circus.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only the Dak before his injury will help this team. Post injury Dak is frankly a liability.

The Cowboys won 6 games after his injury and still produced points. I'm not against Rush at all, but the offense is not producing, we are relying on defense to win.

CWR

Reaction score
:thumbup:I am all for this and it is How it will play out

I only hope if Dak does faulter, they have the guts to pull him. I expect him to play and play well, but I'm not going to just ignore how last season concluded or week 1.

CWR

Reaction score
I understand that every fan on this site that hates Dak Prescott automatically loves Cooper Rush, but the facts are:
  1. Rush is 5-0 as a starter.
  2. Last year’s Vikings game is the only one where he’s actually responsible for winning the game imo.
He had almost nothing to do with yesterday’s win. If he is the reason we win vs the Eagles, I’ll give him credit, but we are winning with defense and him handing the ball off most of the game and throwing mostly safe passes. It was clear by many of the calls yesterday that the coaches do not want him trying to convert 3rd downs over 5-6 yards. Personally, I think they should trust him more.

I think the NY game was another one he balled out in. If CD didn't have that terrible drop Rush would've hit 300yds. He has thrown some absolute dimes, although I agree with what you're saying for the most part.

JustChip

Reaction score
As Parcels would say, the Rams are what their record says they are...... 2-3 and clearly struggling.
Yes. But by that same logic, the Cowboys are what they’re record says they are; 4-1 on a 4 game win streak and clearly playing good, balanced, team football.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think you can diminish this win. The Cowboys were underdogs and beat the defending champs with a backup QB. The deck was stacked against the Cowboys to lose and it didn't matter.

JustChip

Reaction score
Man, some of you just can't have a discussion. So what happened in the Tampa game smart guy and what's changed...... other than a back-up QB.
The first 2 or 3 games have replaced preseason. Just look at the number if upsets through the first 3 weeks. And scoring was down league-wide. Those games can’t be ignored because they count in the standings, but neither should they be overreacted to. The season is now to the point where you know what teams are. Yesterday showed Dallas is very good team and the Rams are average at best.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I'm tired of pumping breaks, you want to pump them fine. Dallas is playing outstanding defense and winning game, if that is not a reason to be excited then may as well stop watching the games. As for Rush, I'm thankful for the job he has done but there is no doubt Cowboys need to get Dak back, the offense is not producing as they need to. Offense outside of a couple of plays did little we had 76 yards passing, 5 of 15 on 3rd down. I love what Rush done but this offense needs Dak back in the lineup
I wish I had as much confidence in Dak as you do. He looked bad at the end of last year and looked just as lost in our first game. He's more athletic than Rush and he can heave the ball but he's very inconsistent and questionable with reading defenses. I don't think Rush is a long-term starter, however Rush protects the ball at all costs, and he made some very good throws (that were dropped) that could have ended the game in the mid 4th quarter yesterday. If you're a phantasy guy (for stats), then Rush is not your guy, however he keeps the team in a position to win and he's brought them back every time they need to score.
When they give dak the keys, I hope this time off has taught him some things and we'll see soon enough. Either way, Go Cowboys!!

khiladi

Reaction score
We are winning because Rush is the QB..

Dak-Stan’s loves to yap about how he was ‘carrying the team’ in 2020, even though he was 1-3 and padding stats in garbage time while having Zach Martin and way more stability than what the other QBs like Andy Dalton when went 3-1 after the bye after coming back from a concussion and had the 4th fastest release time of any QB in the NFL, with a make-shift OL that included the shelving of Zach Martin because Dallas didn’t want to risk ab injury under that context.

The difference between then and now is Rush is winning with the same stability that Dak has been sucking with.

Dak has been exposed (was already exposed in reality) for being a paper Tiger. Both Dalton and Rush proved they can throw a go route to Gallup and a deep post pattern to Wilson over the middle as well as find Amari Cooper against single safety high and man coverage, while Dak in seven years still hasn’t proven he can throw consistently against a zone defense, unless it’s soft zone in garbage time.

Give it up fellas, the Dak scherade is up. The only things he’s going to be known for is “the greatest show on turf when down by 40 points and the opposing defense is playing prevent”

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish I had as much confidence in Dak as you do. He looked bad at the end of last year and looked just as lost in our first game. He's more athletic than Rush and he can heave the ball but he's very inconsistent and questionable with reading defenses. I don't think Rush is a long-term starter, however Rush protects the ball at all costs, and he made some very good throws (that were dropped) that could have ended the game in the mid 4th quarter yesterday. If you're a phantasy guy (for stats), then Rush is not your guy, however he keeps the team in a position to win and he's brought them back every time they need to score.
When they give dak the keys, I hope this time off has taught him some things and we'll see soon enough. Either way, Go Cowboys!!

He looked bad vs 49ers, as did the team, we had way too many penalties and 49er plain and simple they were more physical and ran the ball at will. I have never claimed Dak as elite but you bet he is much better than Rush, people can play this game all day but come on if Dak was putting up the same numbers as Rush people would be all over Dak. There is no expectation on Rush but right now I am watching this offense stall out way too often more

khiladi

Reaction score
These Dak-Stans into year 4 were blaming Dak’s annual ‘slump’ on Tyron Smith taking games off, just like they said Tampa showed Dak was surrounded by trash and the FO gave him no help. Now they acting like Rush is winning because of the more advantageous circumstances surrounding him.

Keep it coming with the excuses…. Every year you come up with more and more creative ways to make excuses for Dak. Heck, maybe you should take over the OC job from Moore seeing how innovative you are with all these Dak-excuses..

Creeper

Reaction score
I just read the Rams have scored 10 point or fewer in 3 of their games this year. Clearly they are struggling on offense. They basically have no running game (32nd in the league) and 1 reliable receiver. Their offensive line is a mess, and that is a bad mismatch with the Cowboys. They are not the same team that won the Super Bowl.

But I watched a lot of football yesterday, and I don't see a lot of NFC teams playing well right now. The Eagles are playing the best of anyone, but the Cowboys and Giants are not far behind. I know a lot of people are still not convinced by the Giants, but that is a team that is getting better. The offensive line is finally coming together, Barkley is running like the Barkley we saw as a rookie and the Giants are featuring him in a lot of new ways. They don't really have any receivers but Daniel Jones is still managing to make plays with his feet and arm. Their defense is play much better than anyone expected mostly because they have a couple of stud DTs who get pressure up the middle. But even their secondary is playing well, despite being a bunch of nobodies. I think the Giants, if they stay healthy, will be one of the better teams midway through the season. They are playing with a ton of confidence. I do worry about Daniel Jones running the football so much and Barkley has shown he is not durable.

The point is, the NFC East is feasting on the rest of the league because I don't see any NFC teams that are playing well. Even the Bucs look weaker this year. Brady is starting to show his age, IMO.

The Cowboys faced their first test against the Bucs and lost. The Rams were a test but their next big test is the Eagles.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
He looked bad vs 49ers, as did the team, we had way too many penalties and 49er plain and simple they were more physical and ran the ball at will. I have never claimed Dak as elite but you bet he is much better than Rush, people can play this game all day but come on if Dak was putting up the same numbers as Rush people would be all over Dak. There is no expectation on Rush but right now I am watching this offense stall out way too often more
Good points, but the stalls are not all on Rush and as a matter of fact, very few. If our D sucked then Rush would have to take more chances, but he doesn't and takes what's given despite drops and hold penalties. If Dak takes these precautions, protect the ball, then more power to him and I hope he continues the streak.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good points, but the stalls are not all on Rush and as a matter of fact, very few. If our D sucked then Rush would have to take more chances, but he doesn't and takes what's given despite drops and hold penalties. If Dak takes these precautions, protect the ball, then more power to him and I hope he continues the streak.

You are right not all on Rush. I'm not anti Rush but I do know that Dak is the better QB that Dallas can take a few more risk

khiladi

Reaction score
Facts are Dak’s stats are inflated by garbage time stats and getting ahead quickly against really bad teams that implode and the victory becomes lop-sided.

Wheb you watch Dak in normal games where teams are disciplined and the game is slowed down, Dak looks like a hot mess unlike a guy like Cooper Rush.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
You are right not all on Rush. I'm not anti Rush but I do know that Dak is the better QB that Dallas can take a few more risk
Thats where I disagree. Dak has not proven over the last few years (esp. when playing against above .500 teams) he can handle the risks.