CFZ Pump the brakes

NotForLong

Reaction score
Ok, we all know that if coach had put me in, we would have been state champs and I'd be soaking it up in a hot tub with my soulmate......... instead of debating the pom pom squad here.
What does this mean?

Its Monday after a Huge Win . . . Where are your pom poms? . . . Buried in the back yard?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Glad they have one these 4 games. They will not have an answer for Hurts and his running. Cowboys don’t have enough offense and keep up with the Eagles. They may slow down a little bit. I could see a 27 to 16 beagle win.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
The Boys beat the rams with out 2 starting olineman and a back up Qb. On pumpn here is w the wife

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They both have losing records ( 2-3) because we beat them . We shall see where they are come January.

Well, its not like 2-2 is a good record for most teams not playing in NY, let alone teams coming off a super bowl season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d argue it’s time to accelerate the throttle.
We’ve been pumping the brakes for well over two decades.

We finally have a generational takent in Parsons and a ferocious defense capable of carrying this team and whatever Bus Driver further than we’ve seen this era.

Enjoy the ride!!

NotForLong

Reaction score
I agree. The evermore reason to be convinced it’s all about our defense.

Cooper is doing less with less. But it’s enough with this defense. And should be more than enough with Prescott based on his history of production over the years with much worse defenses.

I’m not a huge Dak fan but I at least recognize he and offense has carried this franchise to its limited success without greater defenses.

Now that we have a lesser offense it’s time for Parsons and this defense to carry our QB and offense further .
Stop . . . That is nit how this works.

This is Rush's "Offense" and it can't just be transferred over to Dak. . . it is less then Dak has had before . . . and The Cowboys are getting by because of the Game Rush orchastres . . .

Those of you who believe that all of this will transfer to Dak and then He will elevate it based on His past "Stats" are delusional

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Too busy to read all these posts, but what exactly are we pumping the brakes on? The Rams are a mess, but what exactly were we to start the season? Gallup isn't up to speed, Lamb has a case of the yips still....QB1 isn't healthy, our hall of fame made of glass LT is weeks away and we are counting on a rookie to take his spot.

As the Rams will fix themselves, it only begs to differ that our offense will improve as the health of those who are key to it do. This, and Smith will only get better with more snaps.

Flamma

Reaction score
Right now, the rams are NOT one of the best teams in the conference. They are a mess and haven't settled on an OL in consecutive games yet. The defense is still good, but they are 2-3.

I know they're 2-3. And as much trouble as they are having, they are still one of the best teams in the NFC. When I say that, I don't mean top 2 or 3. But top 5-7. I think they'll get it together eventually this season, and still make the playoffs. But their weaknesses and QB is not suited to play us. Our true test comes next week.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm tired of pumping breaks, you want to pump them fine. Dallas is playing outstanding defense and winning game, if that is not a reason to be excited then may as well stop watching the games. As for Rush, I'm thankful for the job he has done but there is no doubt Cowboys need to get Dak back, the offense is not producing as they need to. Offense outside of a couple of plays did little we had 76 yards passing, 5 of 15 on 3rd down. I love what Rush done but this offense needs Dak back in the lineup
We just played super bowl champs. That was a good solid win. No ifs ands or buts.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re equating our won loss record to what Rush is doing. Not what this defense is doing.

Do you think over the years Rush would have had as much productivity and success as Prescott without this type of defense?

And yes, Prescott has done better . I guess you forgot 11 straight wins. All with a below average defense.

I think I already answered this...... CR is playing with less talent at the skill positions and OL than Dak ever had. Dak had several top 10 defenses when Marinelli was here. So, lets not play this game where we pretend Dak has ever been the answer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, its not like 2-2 is a good record for most teams not playing in NY, let alone teams coming off a super bowl season.
It looks like 2-2 isn’t a bad record early this season as more of the better teams appear to be starting slower as most critics and analysts are crediting the abbreviated preseason as most didn’t play starters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stop . . . That is nit how this works.

This is Rush's "Offense" and it can't just be transferred over to Dak. . . it is less then Dak has had before . . . and The Cowboys are getting by because of the Game Rush orchastres . . .

Those of you who believe that all of this will transfer to Dak and then He will elevate it based on His past "Stats" are delusional
You really believe that our success is because of Rush?
Ok then… lol

What was I thinking. No way we win without those 102 passing yards:)

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's really simple. KM adjusted, finally. Now run the same game plan with Dak and see how it goes. It has to be done, if for nothing other than the offenses ceiling with him at QB. If he sharts himself pull him out and put Rush back in. Eventually, this offense is going to cost us. So let's see if Dak improves upon what is built or flounders.
:thumbup:I am all for this and it is How it will play out

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like 2-2 isn’t a bad record early this season as more of the better teams appear to be starting slower as most critics and analysts are crediting the abbreviated preseason as most didn’t play starters.

The good teams aren't struggling. Buffalo is 4-1...... KC is 3-1........ Philly is 5-0........ The only surprises not just in terms of record but in terms of how they are playing are the Rams and Cincy. The Rams have a -36 point differential which second worst in the NFL. They aren't good this year. They don't have the OL or anything at RB.