Purdy Has 2 NFCCGs in 2 Years

zeke21

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest, he has way better coaches, players, and a GM

This does not mean I'm making excuses for Dak, Dak doesn't get those anymore. I was done with Dak 2 years ago

But I think a lot of QBs could make 2 NFCG with the top down brilliancy/talent that are the 49ers
That is a key point.. a lot of QBs could have success in that system.. Jimmy G did too... and yet our system is so weak that apparently even the 'elite' Dak can't overcome it?

Another difference though.. and it is worth mentioning.. Purdy did make that key drive to win the game at the end.. in the rain and with the pressure he was near perfect on his decision making on that drive.

Do you really think Dak would have handled the pressure and been able to make that drive? We know from the past two years.. he can't.

McMicah

Reaction score
I love how people are talking so much trash on Purdy’s play at GB when he and Dak had virtually the same passer rating against that team lol. And the thing that kills me even more is that Purdy didn’t give a pick 6, a pick in his own red zone, and sack himself (yes Dak plainly did this) out of FG range.

If you are saying Purdy is dog water, then Dak is just a different brand of dog water that costs too much to build a good team around. Purdy’s mistakes caused a lot of punts. Daks mistakes were worth 17 points

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s right….Mr Irrelevant. I said last year that he played better than Dak in every statistical category while facing a higher pressure rate and that we should take of it, and got absolutely crucified as a Dak hater. But here he is again, beating the team that ate our lunch and basking in football glory, probably going to a SB.

If you believe it’s not Purdy but his team, then we can’t keep Dak bc we need to build a team like that and can’t do that with Daks contract. If you believe Purdy is better than Dak than obviously you need to drop him and get more QBs, bc if Purdy is better, Dak ain’t top 10 anymore.

Either way, an organization that really wants to win stops chasing losses and makes the hard choice to look to the future instead of dragging this team to more years of underperforming
Purdy is good. He plays within a system. The key to their offense is McCaffrey. Their defensenis awsome. Same offense took our defense to the shed and abused them.

the contract is irrelevant. How do you build a team? Through FA? We had 20M on the cap last year and that included Cooper dead money. We had 25M on the cap this year and used some of it to sign Diggs. We were negotiating with Lamb.

This cap stuff is over rated. Cap is manipulated all the time.

If that's the case and contracts are an issue you have to win on a rookie contract else you have no chance. So no team has a chance if they handed out a second contract to their QB....right?

Now if you want to say Dak is not good enough and let's find another QB, then fine.

The issue is we had Dak on a rookie contract and still couldn't build a team. Issue is not contracts, issue is the GM who can't build a team

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Won’t happen. Dak’s huge contract will limit the ability to revamp the team. Kinda a lose/lose for the team. Pay Dak and keep him, great now we can’t get the talent…and we have Jerry helping chose the talent so probably won’t be good talent anyway.
how? I keep hearing this and no one can say how that's going to stop us. its not about Dak. I am not advocating for him to get a new contract. but we heard this 4 years ago. last year we had 20M on the cap. this year before handing Diggs contract we had 25M. and negotiating with Lamb..... cap can be manipulated. cap is manipulated.

the problem has been our draft on defensive side of the ball has been bad. outside of Parsons and Diggs, we have missed on so many that should have been foundations of this team. instead we have UDFA, saftey starting at LB for us. therein lies the issue

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s right….Mr Irrelevant. I said last year that he played better than Dak in every statistical category while facing a higher pressure rate and that we should take of it, and got absolutely crucified as a Dak hater. But here he is again, beating the team that ate our lunch and basking in football glory, probably going to a SB.

If you believe it’s not Purdy but his team, then we can’t keep Dak bc we need to build a team like that and can’t do that with Daks contract. If you believe Purdy is better than Dak than obviously you need to drop him and get more QBs, bc if Purdy is better, Dak ain’t top 10 anymore.

Either way, an organization that really wants to win stops chasing losses and makes the hard choice to look to the future instead of dragging this team to more years of underperforming
Purdy did not play very well and got away with dropped int's and most likely a pick 6. But hey, give the credit to Purdy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak played worse. And he's never been past a Divisional playoff game. In year 9 now. Purdy is in year 2.
SF goes as their defense and McCaffrey goes. when they had injuries and McCaffrey was on the sideline, they lost 3 games in a row. Purdy is an excellent game manager. he has a great head coach. great team around him and he understands that and plays his role

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
+1.

Shanahan >>>>>> McCarthy. If you swap the coaching staffs, Dallas is in the NFCCG.
I disagree. I don't believe there is a combination of human beings on planet Earth that can get the Cowboys over the hump. The atmosphere is too poisoned with celebrity and reality TV stuff.

Flamma

Reaction score
……..30M<<<<<60M. That’s what you’re paying Dak to resign him.
Don't look at me. I am not for resigning Dak at 40M, let alone 60M. But Dak had a lower cap hit this year than Jared Goff. It's cap hit that holds you back, not your average salary per year.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
as long as Dak is not expected to make big plays right at the end. So far he has not proven to be able to do that in playoff games
IMHO we have moved past this. It isn't that he has yet to prove he will. He has proven over and over that he will not.

Rayman70

Reaction score
McCarthy and Jerry think winning is a happy accident by chance... if u read into McCarthys post game statement. Lack of a defined known plan is the real issue. It creates chaos and confusion.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I disagree. I don't believe there is a combination of human beings on planet Earth that can get the Cowboys over the hump. The atmosphere is too poisoned with celebrity and reality TV stuff.
Why continue to watch if you have no hope??

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While you compare (inaccurately) Dak to Purdy; compare the whole team concept. Purdy was not great yesterday, but they won. Whether Dak plays great or not, Dallas has lost. Dakota Rayne Prescott is what he is, to expect more is ludicrous.

Chasing6

Reaction score
SF goes as their defense and McCaffrey goes. when they had injuries and McCaffrey was on the sideline, they lost 3 games in a row. Purdy is an excellent game manager. he has a great head coach. great team around him and he understands that and plays his role
These delusional fans think football is 1 on 1 - QB vs QB.