Purdy Has 2 NFCCGs in 2 Years

Zman5

Reaction score
Jimmy Crappolo went to 3 NFCC and a SB with Shanahan's Niners. This just means Shanahan is a damn good offensive coach.

Flamma

Reaction score
I find all of these threads comical. Do people not understand team matters? Do people really think it's Brock Purdy getting his team to the NFCCG? Like the great future hall of famer Jimmy Garoppolo. Are people this dense?

Kumala808

Reaction score
I knew these threads were coming.

Look at how poorly Purdy played yesterday. He was lucky the Packers dropped at least 2 INTs and both could have been pick 6s. Dak critics would be pointing those plays out even if the Cowboys had won that game.

Purdy had a chance to bring that team back because his defense did not let the Packers score TDs on every drive. If the 49ers had the Cowboys defense from last Sunday, they would have lost by almost the same score as Dallas.

Dak is a better QB than Purdy. He has a better arm by far. Purdy has a better team and until the organization improve the offensive and defensive lines of the Cowboys Dak will never had a chance to drive for the winning TD is a playoff game.

Go back to the Miami game or Detroit. Dak did what Purdy did in both of those games. The difference is, the defense allowed the Dolphins and Lions to roll right back down the field and score. The Dolphins won the game. The Lions lost because they didn;t kick the extra point.

Football is a team game. No QB in the world wins on his own.
We have fans here who don't watch film. And see what really is the problem. Bunch of bandwagon cry babies

McMicah

Reaction score
If you actually think that Brock Purdy is the driving force behind the 49ers making two NFCCG appearances in a row, I don’t know what to tell you.

The team he is surrounded with makes SF likely to win any game, even those where Purdy plays below average like last night.

Dallas could have had the same approach in the 4 seasons where Dak was on his rookie deal, but our front office was to cowardly to go for it.
All fair points, but let me ask you something. Do you believe if the cowboys had the same last few years and team as the 49ers, that they would’ve given up on Darnold and Lance in favor of Purdy? The answer is no. Lance would’ve started the whole time bc that’s where the pick was.

That’s the difference between the teams. Dallas can’t prune itself to grow because it falls in love with itself. You’re right. Purdy isn’t the driving force, so why do we need Dak? Why not drop him and get a better team?

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Do I think he's better than Jimmy G? Yeah. And he's definitely a good QB. But he has an embarassement of riches at his disposal. There is no offensive position that is a true liability for them. I give him credit for the game winning TD. But his performance prior to that is why they needed a comeback to begin with. I can't even say for sure I'd take him here over Dak.

I know Love made a bone headed throw to lose. But I would take him going forward over Purdy. I think Love has superior physical traits and doesn't need perfection around him. I've seen Love make Mahomes/Rodgers type throws.

The day is coming soon when Purdy will be like mostly every other QB. And won't have great players everywhere. I want to see him perform in that situation.

McMicah

Reaction score
I find all of these threads comical. Do people not understand team matters? Do people really think it's Brock Purdy getting his team to the NFCCG? Like the great future hall of famer Jimmy Garoppolo. Are people this dense?
That’s the point of the thread. You have to choose between Dak and a good team. You can’t have both

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Purdy is surrounded with the best talent, team and coaches in the NFL.

Give Dak the same, we would be in the Super Bowl 2 years in a row now.

Tad , I know your brain is Tiny , But we cannot surround your brother with the Best Talent in the league while he makes 60$ million a year for the next 5/6 years . Especially given his love of Choking ;)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That’s right….Mr Irrelevant. I said last year that he played better than Dak in every statistical category while facing a higher pressure rate and that we should take of it, and got absolutely crucified as a Dak hater. But here he is again, beating the team that ate our lunch and basking in football glory, probably going to a SB.

If you believe it’s not Purdy but his team, then we can’t keep Dak bc we need to build a team like that and can’t do that with Daks contract. If you believe Purdy is better than Dak than obviously you need to drop him and get more QBs, bc if Purdy is better, Dak ain’t top 10 anymore.

Either way, an organization that really wants to win stops chasing losses and makes the hard choice to look to the future instead of dragging this team to more years of underperforming
He played like garbage yesterday and was lucky they didn’t hold onto his INTs. Poor timing for a Purdy praise post.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s also got a defense that stands up and keeps his team in the game so he doesn’t have to score 50 points to win a playoff game.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Jimmy always used to say that a great QB is all about not just the great plays you make, but more so the stupid plays you don't make. And Dak has made some really stupid ones in the most critical times. I doubt Jimmy would want him as his QB, and Parcells even less.
Bingo.

Sometimes a punt isn't a bad thing. We've seen QB's try and force balls unnecessarily. Sometimes, throw the ball away on second down. You know that another down awaits.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s right….Mr Irrelevant. I said last year that he played better than Dak in every statistical category while facing a higher pressure rate and that we should take of it, and got absolutely crucified as a Dak hater. But here he is again, beating the team that ate our lunch and basking in football glory, probably going to a SB.

If you believe it’s not Purdy but his team, then we can’t keep Dak bc we need to build a team like that and can’t do that with Daks contract. If you believe Purdy is better than Dak than obviously you need to drop him and get more QBs, bc if Purdy is better, Dak ain’t top 10 anymore.

Either way, an organization that really wants to win stops chasing losses and makes the hard choice to look to the future instead of dragging this team to more years of underperforming
Pretty sure the Niners do.

Blitzen

Reaction score
That would lead to missing the playoffs every year. No cheap, average QB would have success with this team. :rolleyes: The Cowboys would be much worse off if some of you owned the team.
5-1 with Rush proves this as false. Who knows what would happen with a capable journeyman. Saying the team goes down the toilet ignores what the team already proved.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny how all the “Texas West Coast” Dak lovers were saying it’s all over in training camp for the rest of the league. Where did that optimism about the coaching and loaded talent go?

tomokawan

Reaction score
HE did not play particularly well yesterday but when the game was truly on the line he made plays
simple as that

Now the dak bots will whine and cry about dropped picks
BUT they never talk about all the dropped picks dak has had
just like all QBs

picks are dropped because DBs are there because they cannot catch well
if they could they would be WRs
Dak got us the lead against Maimi. But the defense spit the bit as usual in the end. Do you think our defense would have kept GB from scoring in the end?? No way. Our biggest problem is the defense IMO.

tomokawan

Reaction score
People can call Purdy a bus driver but he does his job and most importantly doesn’t lose the game for his team. Dak would’ve overthrown that TD to Kittle. And Purdy didnt spot GB 14 pts in the first half.
So Dallas defense had nothing to do with GB scoring??? Only Dak's fault.