News: QB Dak Prescott: "When I lose, that's what pisses me off"

khiladi

Reaction score
Scoring on the first drive was a norm here with Linehan and the scripted plays.

Also, to be fair, the first drive this time around was bailed out by a defensive penalty on a third down play, that had nothing to do with Dak, who tossed up an ugly ball.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
lol i like your style.

it's no secret that the media has biases for or against the cowboys, but to imply that dak only receives positive coverage for one of 2 reasons, (either because they are bootlickers, or intentionally trying to destroy the cowboys by tricking the team into keeping him) is flat out ridiculous. it's practically out and out lunacy lol.

OK.

There's probably a 3rd segment that I neglected. Those that are truly ignorant and just publishing clickbait.

But that's a small sample.

I assure you, most of them fit neatly into my 2 main categories......;)

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So is the Cowboys' defense. Per snap, they rank 8th against the pass and 13th against the run.

The Bears have not faced a single good offense this year, unless you count NO - who hung 36 on them.

Eh. Dallas struggled against teams deemed as "bad" so this Bears D will probably look like they did last year, even if they haven't lived up to that expectation this year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eh. Dallas struggled against teams deemed as "bad" so this Bears D will probably look like they did last year, even if they haven't lived up to that expectation this year.
Sure, but that's all self-inflicted. The point is that there's no reason the Cowboys should be afraid of the Bears or Rams D.

cern

Reaction score
is he really the leader when he holds out wanting to be the highest paid qb in the league? is he playing for wins or a contract? would the team be behind him more if he had taken the offer made to him, one designed to keep other players on the roster instead of not being able to afford them later? all questions are rhetorical.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
During the last game's postgame press conference, Dak called all of you that are doubting the Cowboys now, "outside noise" That includes most of the posters on this forum. You are outside noise! Do you doubters hear that?

CPanther95

Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't mean to say that losing games is what makes him go, and keeps him going.

Right? ;)

cern

Reaction score
During the last game's postgame press conference, Dak called all of you that are doubting the Cowboys now, "outside noise" That includes most of the posters on this forum. You are outside noise! Do you doubters hear that?
players shouldn't be so sensitive. it's unbecoming.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Lol, really? Outside noise? He's starting to become like his HC. Blaming and putting others down. We aren't "outside noise". Maybe if you listened to outside noise you'd be in a better position (record wise) right now.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
players shouldn't be so sensitive. it's unbecoming.

They need to be sensitive. I'd rather have our players be sensitive and get upset/angry (so they can improve and show the world how wrong the doubters were) rather than have them ignore the outside influence and just not care. Look at Trubisky. Ever since they "turned the TV's off" in their facilities, he's actually looked better. The outside influence got to him.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You may think I'm wrong. But I'm not a simpleton.

I analyze the heck out of things before I form an opinion.

I truly believe that about the media. Many of them are invested in him. Go back to Joe Buck in the Steelers game back in 16. Zeke takes a routine screen pass 85 yards for a early TD, then busts 2 long TD runs in the last 2:00 to steal a road win at Pittsburgh. And what does Buck say as the broadcast is winding down?

"Do you think Dak Prescott will still be the starter next week?" And from the tone of his voice, it was a question only in the purely rhetorical sense. He wasn't looking for an answer. He was declaring one. Running back produced over 215 yards total (rush/receive) and ran for 2 TD in the final 2:00 and the lead announcer is foaming at the mouth over the QB.

That's telling. And it's been the same since. Dak plays well, a lot of the media licks his boots. Dak plays poorly, media destroys his O line and his receivers and his RB. He's exempt. They are invested in him. It's not tough to see if you're willing to really look.

As for the 2nd half, if you think there isn't a decent contingent of sports media that despises us and would love to see us go down in flames in perpetuity, I don't know what to say. They do. And many of them recognize Dak is not the guy and they'd love to see Jerry and the team pay big money to find out so they could revel in our misery.

Not sure I agree with the 2nd half but you are right on the money with the first half.

It's the state of society today. Romo's legacy was defined by the fumbled snap in his rookie season as the starter in the eyes of the majority.

Dak's, by the things you mentioned in his rookie season.

Form an opinion as quickly as you can and NEVER back down is the way we do things in the 21st century.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Well said but unfortunately the bold text will go over everyone's collective head.

Post of the day. :clap:

Not sure I agree with the 2nd half but you are right on the money with the first half.

It's the state of society today. Romo's legacy was defined by the fumbled snap in his rookie season as the starter in the eyes of the majority.

Dak's, by the things you mentioned in his rookie season.

Form an opinion as quickly as you can and NEVER back down is the way we do things in the 21st century.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Lol people act like he calls a press conference every 20 min for himself. He has to do media daily so the news outlets publish stories like this daily. In fact he’s contractually obligated to do so

no he is not. He has to speak after the game and on thursday and thats all.

No player's have to speak everyday.

He says nothing anyway. Honestly his press conferences are as generic and boring as Garrett's. He is not interesting when he speaks in anyway.

817Gill

Reaction score
no he is not. He has to speak after the game and on thursday and thats all.

No player's have to speak everyday.

He says nothing anyway. Honestly his press conferences are as generic and boring as Garrett's. He is not interesting when he speaks in anyway.
A) all these publications are from one interview
B) local media gets more than 2 a week. You want him to refuse questions from the local media? That’s just something QB1’s don’t do lol name me a QB that blows off local media? Doesn’t happen

starcity214

Reaction score
My first reaction to Dak's words was, "then why don't you grab your team by the cajones and drag them across the goal line for a game winning TD?" But then something occurred to me. I have heard that the Cowboys lack leadership in the locker room a number of times from a variety of critics. I've said it myself when Romo was the QB. I used to say Romo is too laid back, he needs to get in faces like Aikman did or Brady does now. Who is the guy on the Cowboys who gets in peoples faces when they make mistakes. Who yells at the special teams coach when his squad does something stupid again? The answer is no one. Everybody on this team seems to go about his business without minding anyone else's business. Maybe the problem is one guy in the locker room who should not be there. A guy who pops the balloon to ruin the party. The guy who enters the debate just as two people are about to come to an agreement. Just when a player is about to stand up and take the lead, he steps into the room to snatch it from the player. Its Jerry Jones. Jerry is the leader on this team. Jerry goes into the locker room after a tough loss to give the pep talk. Jerry is giving the meaningful interviews. Jerry is the one making promises. The problem is, Jerry does a poor job of it. Jerry is not really a good leader, he is just a guy with a lot of money and he signs the checks. He sucks the air out of a locker room so that no leaders can emerge. Maybe this is the root of the problem for 25 years. Maybe all this team needs is for Jerry to stay out of the locker room and let a leader or leaders emerge from among the players instead of trying to play that role himself.

I think Dak deep down knows he's the one that needs the other players so he really has no choice but to be nice to Zeke and Coop.

If Aaron Rodgers was the QB and Coop ran the wrong route or dropped a pass, I'm sure Rodgers would chew him out because he can. He's got talent and skins on the wall. Aaron could make a star out of Gallup so Coop would be on his best behavior to keep gettung targets.

With Dak? I'm sure Coop knows what Dak's stats looked like before he got here. Same with Zeke, I'm sure both of them know who the talented guy is..

What can Dak do?