QB Desperation

Brax

Reaction score
33 and still clueless about football. Same sad argument that we could be terrible without Dak. That's the mentality that keeps poor people poor and losers stay losers.

In a league of ultra competitive, you have to be pushing the envelope. Dak is pushing mediocrity and we have the same fans year in and year out that refuse to remove the blinders.
Most folks try to find the problem and fix it, companies do root cause analysis and then try new ways to solve problems those that keep doing the same thing are doomed to failure

blueblood70

Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
Yes I mean that's what we've been trying to tell people there's that little stat 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 and only one has won a Super Bowl many of those have been total busts you could just look at 2016 all those quarterbacks didn't workout besides Prescott who's the only one left on the team that drafted him and then you got Jared Goff.. That's pretty much the NFL people are seem to be in a hurry to get rid of Prescott over money and I get it but Patrick mahomes is on an island by himself and then there's a gap Prescott is in that next group however you wanna rank up however you feel about him leaving us exposed with no quarterback could leave us next five years being really bad it could be longer than that I mean it's not a guarantee but it's more likely than not once you start over there's no reason to keep Parsons diggs or CD lamb I mean you need to move them all if you really wanna blow this up and get draft picks you tell them I'll get rid of Prescott you need to get rid of everyone ohh yeah cut tank too ohh yeah move Zach Martin as well just really blow this thing up and burn it down to the ground and start over because we're gonna be bad anyway there's no reason to have those other guys on the team you might as well just collect draft picks we've seen other teams do that they've been bad for a decade...

reddyuta

Reaction score
Bo Nix was drafted in RD 1!!!.that should tell you of their desperation.Trey lance would have gone top 10 again in this draft.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Fair enough. Dak had the best statistical year last year and Dallas had one of the best records in the league. You can’t really ask for more. We totally flaked out in the playoffs, as we’ve done consistently since the 90s. Is that all on Dak? Maybe some of it. But is a rookie Bo Nix or Penix an upgrade?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
All you Dak haters will be crying when he goes to the Giants. Dak is the reason they didn't take a QB.

JustChip

Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
Generally, you are correct. However, team’s should always look towards how to improve at every position. Especially when considering the $ cost. The Eagles did it with Hurts, the Packers with first Rodgers and then Love, and the Chiefs with Mahomes. The Falcons have been roasted for taking Penix, but they were simply doing what the Packers have done. It’s why I have been fully inboard with giving a 4th for Lance.

I firmly believe Dak can lead a team to a SB, or at least a CG. I don’t have that same level of confidence it will be here. And certainly not taking up such high a portion of the salary cap. I’m truly not sure any QB can be here with this dysfunctional ownership group.

khiladi

Reaction score
"There are PLENTY of top-tier QBs in the league right now that would have won with the Cowboys with its 3 all-pro linemen and number 1 ranked defense multiple years in a row"

yeah ..its a hyperbolic statement based on emotion with no actual substance. You dont know that. You cant know that.

most of you are exhausting.

It's actually more objective than claiming that one needs Mahomes to win a Super Bowl or that we would be in "QB purgatory" without Dak, as if there aren't plenty better QBs than Dak in the league right now that have gotten WAY FARTHER than Dak with a weaker roster, with less baby-sitting than Dak. Like I said, there is way more actual evidence for the opposite, including 5-1 with a practice string QB by the name of Cooper Rush with the same conditions Dak had, Tad...

khiladi

Reaction score
dropped interception? Should be punt return went awry. Dak underachieved, but many shrunk when the moment was upon them.
Dak didn't underachieve, Dak was being Dak, which is sucking it up like usual. Nobody sucked against the 49ers other than Dak. More people sucked against GB, but Dak sucked the most, in line with his trend of sucking Tad.

khiladi

Reaction score
33 and still clueless about football. Same sad argument that we could be terrible without Dak. That's the mentality that keeps poor people poor and losers stay losers.

In a league of ultra competitive, you have to be pushing the envelope. Dak is pushing mediocrity and we have the same fans year in and year out that refuse to remove the blinders.
Dak was an EXPERIMENT with a TALENTED roster that Dallas though they could get by with, consideting Dak was on a rookie contract. They proved it was a failure. The most they could get was beating up on an NFC East that was in complete disarray. If anything, the Dallas FO was an example par excellence of stability as compared to what the Giants and Commanders were going through.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I bet you wish he does....Dak is much better than most think.
There's probably a reason I have this guy on ignore as well it's funny how that goes he thinks some guy who by the way I've never heard of it's gonna do more than Prescott in the next five years I mean that's a hell of a leap from a guy who might not see the field for two or three years I don't know anything about him but I can tell you this we already know Prescott had a rookie year better than most any of these guys will ever do in their entire careers he won 13 games he won eleven in a row as a rookie he got rookie of the year even played well in the playoffs and his defense failed him.. His defense also failed him in 2018 I mean do people realize that Prescott's never been part of a losing season when he's started and ended the season healthy?? Did they realize he's top ten all time and touchdown interception ratio then they realize he just finished second and MVP voting second team all pro and they're saying that some unknown prospect it's gonna be better than Prescott?? I mean is this place that big of a joke I mean they throw around words like casuals but that's gotta be casual because I've never even heard of that quarterback you know it's the same ones you thought Mike white was better they thought will grier or Cooper rush can win more games than Prescott and they're all delusional..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wrong. They have a QB in Danny Nickels that’s similar to Dak. There’s no motivation for them to swap like for like. Dak would get crucified in NY. But it would certainly be entertaining watching Tad.
You're nuts they're nowhere in the same zip code are you trying to tell me your hater opinion is that somehow Daniel Jones is similar to Prescott you are absolutely nuts they would love to have Prescott in New York because he be the only quarterback in that stadium that's actually any good.. Literally second in MVP voting second team all pro rookie of the year a guy who's never been part of a losing season been part of a bunch of #1 offenses his offense is is probably all been in the top five I would have to go look that's just off the top of my head I don't remember us finishing lower than top five when he's a starter.. Literally the man is top ten all time in the NFL right now and touchdown interception ratio for his career not for the Dallas Cowboys for his freaking career you all have the worst player evaluations when you have your hater goggles on we're not calling Prescott elite but he moved himself into the top five conversation last year but he for sure didn't move himself out of 6 his whole career he's been in the top 10 Daniel Jones maybe around 18 or 20 you would call him average because well average is below the line of 16 you're nuts you all who think some of these other quarterbacks are any good when we seen tyrod Taylor he's on the same level as Daniel Jones as a matter of fact they should be stupid in New York to realize all he is is a white version of tyrod Taylor... Guys like Taylor Jones brissett they're nowhere near Prescott's level there may not be a big drop off but there's a difference if you can't see the difference you should not be commenting on it it's not an opinion I stating facts those dudes have done none of that... You got a guy who struggles to have more touchdowns and interceptions he's he's very timid with the ball I mean Prescott had more interceptions in his allegedly down year but he also had like 25 total touchdowns that's more than Daniel Jones has ever had over a 17 game season...

Daniel Jones started out last year before he got hurt with two touchdowns and six interceptions this dude only has 62 total touchdowns for his career and 40 interceptions I'm pretty sure Prescott has had that many touchdowns in back-to-back years. Prescott career 202 touchdowns to 74ints..

Prescott has a 2.65 touchdown-to-interception ratio in his career, the sixth-highest in NFL history among quarterbacks who qualify (1,500 pass attempts)

It's a joke you all see Prescott like DJ ...

silvernblu

Reaction score

You can win with Dak.
Get Dak someone who can read defenses and call the right play. (What Romo did for him his rookie year) and Dak can do it.

Otherwise same thing will continue.

JustChip

Reaction score
You're nuts they're nowhere in the same zip code are you trying to tell me your hater opinion is that somehow Daniel Jones is similar to Prescott you are absolutely nuts they would love to have Prescott in New York because he be the only quarterback in that stadium that's actually any good.. Literally second in MVP voting second team all pro rookie of the year a guy who's never been part of a losing season been part of a bunch of #1 offenses his offense is is probably all been in the top five I would have to go look that's just off the top of my head I don't remember us finishing lower than top five when he's a starter.. Literally the man is top ten all time in the NFL right now and touchdown interception ratio for his career not for the Dallas Cowboys for his freaking career you all have the worst player evaluations when you have your hater goggles on we're not calling Prescott elite but he moved himself into the top five conversation last year but he for sure didn't move himself out of 6 his whole career he's been in the top 10 Daniel Jones maybe around 18 or 20 you would call him average because well average is below the line of 16 you're nuts you all who think some of these other quarterbacks are any good when we seen tyrod Taylor he's on the same level as Daniel Jones as a matter of fact they should be stupid in New York to realize all he is is a white version of tyrod Taylor... Guys like Taylor Jones brissett they're nowhere near Prescott's level there may not be a big drop off but there's a difference if you can't see the difference you should not be commenting on it it's not an opinion I stating facts those dudes have done none of that... You got a guy who struggles to have more touchdowns and interceptions he's he's very timid with the ball I mean Prescott had more interceptions in his allegedly down year but he also had like 25 total touchdowns that's more than Daniel Jones has ever had over a 17 game season...

Daniel Jones started out last year before he got hurt with two touchdowns and six interceptions this dude only has 62 total touchdowns for his career and 40 interceptions I'm pretty sure Prescott has had that many touchdowns in back-to-back years. Prescott career 202 touchdowns to 74ints..

Prescott has a 2.65 touchdown-to-interception ratio in his career, the sixth-highest in NFL history among quarterbacks who qualify (1,500 pass attempts)

It's a joke you all see Prescott like DJ ...
You are sooooo way off base on this.

First off, I’m no Dak “hater”, whatever that means. But I can objectively look at something for what it is. That’s strengths and weaknesses. Nor do I live and die by stats.

Secondly, situations matter. Put Dak on the Giants TODAY and he will not fare any better than Jones. And put Jones on the Cowboys TODAY and he likely fares better than Dak on the Giants. It’s like the Romo/Eli debate. Switch them out and Tony probably is a SB winner and Eli isn’t.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Win what? 8 seasons in and he’s a stat machine against the weak teams, come win or go home time he’s a bottom 5 QB . How do you fix a problem you replace the faulty part and 8 seasons in that faulty part is Dak no ands ifs or maybes. Statistics say a QB going into his 9 season who has won nothing notable in that time is not winning a championship unless he has a generational defense and that’s not happening when you’re paying the offensive side of the ball more than twice what you pay the defensive side. Don’t take a chance stay with the defective player and hope luck comes your way.
Exactly like our defense.

Interesting, how come our run game is not a stat machine against weaker teams?

Maybe, just maybe, if we could run the ball he would not have to throw 45 times a game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are sooooo way off base on this.

First off, I’m no Dak “hater”, whatever that means. But I can objectively look at something for what it is. That’s strengths and weaknesses. Nor do I live and die by stats.

Secondly, situations matter. Put Dak on the Giants TODAY and he will not fare any better than Jones. And put Jones on the Cowboys TODAY and he likely fares better than Dak on the Giants. It’s like the Romo/Eli debate. Switch them out and Tony probably is a SB winner and Eli isn’t.
I say he will so there you go difference of opinion I'm telling you you're way off,,, so you're the one who's off base I read what you said and I guarantee Prescott on that team even as it was last year would have been better ohh look at how a couple of those dudes they brought off the bench look better that Italian sensation that was only was for three games tyrod Taylor they all look better than Jones so you keep trying to tell me what I think I'm off base on I'm telling you I'm on base Prescott's an instant improvement in New York.. He would have even on The Jets he would have been better than Zach Wilson get over yourself...