QB Desperation

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I know he can possibly throw 30 something touchdowns……but I also know that he can’t win in the playoffs.

If you think we can win with him that’s your opinion. You certainly don’t have any proof or facts that prove that we can because we haven’t lol.

It’s been eight years….

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Do you really have a "Top 5 Quarterback" when every playoff you feel another player has surpassed him? He certainly wasn't top 5 in the playoffs...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know he can possibly throw 30 something touchdowns……but I also know that he can’t win in the playoffs.

If you think we can win with him that’s your opinion. You certainly don’t have any proof or facts that prove that we can because we haven’t lol.

It’s been eight years….
We have no proof he can’t either though…there was no proof that Stafford could win a ring…until he did.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
We have no proof he can’t either though…there was no proof that Stafford could win a ring…until he did.
Of course we do. We have eight years worth of proof. It's not like he's just now finishing his second year. We know what he is.

He hasn't even come close. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. Continuning to roll with a player that has proven he can't get it done when it matters the most and expecting him to do it all of the sudden is a major reason why it's been 28 years since we have won anything.

Matthew Stafford is an example of an exception, not the rule.

His teams in Detroit were not good, by and large. You put him in a situation where he has talent and he is capable of winning one. That's not the situation with Dak. He has had the talent around him most of his years to win and again, he hasn't come remotely close.

conner01

Reaction score
its possible to win with Trent Dilfer...for some FO's..it may not be possible to win with Mahomes with this FO...
I don’t think the game is the same today as when you could win without an elite QB. I think in todays game you have to have an elite QB and a complete team

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course we do. We have eight years worth of proof. It's not like he's just now finishing his second year. We know what he is.

He hasn't even come close. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. Continuning to roll with a player that has proven he can't get it done when it matters the most and expecting him to do it all of the sudden is a major reason why it's been 28 years since we have won anything.

Matthew Stafford is an example of an exception, not the rule.

His teams in Detroit were not good, by and large. You put him in a situation where he has talent and he is capable of winning one. That's not the situation with Dak. He has had the talent around him most of his years to win and again, he hasn't come remotely close.
Stafford one year had the best receiver of our time and the top defense in the league…..and still no playoff wins…

To win a ring it’s not about my talent beating your talent. The most talented team doesn’t always win a ring. It’s about your stars playing like stars and peaking at the right time for 3 straight games. Can Dak do that? Not sure honestly….

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Stafford one year had the best receiver of our time and the top defense in the league…..and still no playoff wins…

To win a ring it’s not about my talent beating your talent. The most talented team doesn’t always win a ring. It’s about your stars playing like stars and peaking at the right time for 3 straight games. Can Dak do that? Not sure honestly….
It definitely takes a team with talent and that talent has to live up to their potential and put it all together. Detroit has been bad longer than we have and I’d argue that they have been a new level of bad over that time.

With that said, I don’t fault people for having faith in Dak. It’s all a matter of opinion. I do not in the playoffs.

We will see what happens.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Im the biggest Dak homer here, and I have major doubts about him now.

But. this front office has not done him any favors for the coming year.... shocking how little we have done despite solid draft picks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It definitely takes a team with talent and that talent has to live up to their potential and put it all together. Detroit has been bad longer than we have and I’d argue that they have been a new level of bad over that time.

With that said, I don’t fault people for having faith in Dak. It’s all a matter of opinion. I do not in the playoffs.

We will see what happens.
I have no faith. I just can’t rule it out lol.

And you’re right about Detroit but they drafted Stafford 1st overall because they didn’t think he’d need stack teams.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
It really does seem this would be common sense to folks.
It sucks to pay insane cap price for a franchise QB but it sucks to pay the price of almost anything.

This board will find a QB to champion and then watch as that QB becomes a complete bum: See Wentz.
We mega boosted Hurtz and saw him play very mid-level last year on a massive new deal that pays a lot more than Dak has been making.
But fans here would rather be the WFT and just YOLO it and win 6 games a year until you luck into a good QB cheap it seems.
I'm too old for that. I already served my Campo years' time.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I have no faith. I just can’t rule it out lol.

And you’re right about Detroit but they drafted Stafford 1st overall because they didn’t think he’d need stack teams.
Anything is possible. I'd like to move on from Dak but as long as he is here, I'll pull hard for him.

I never rule anything out. Learned that from my wife when she's pissed.

khiladi

Reaction score
No. Thats conjecture and complete hyperbole.

This is the problem with the staunch Dak supporters and haters. You get so emotional you cant even be rational.

It is another reason why I have been on this site for almost two decades and have so few posts.

I live in Wisconsin and have more substantive conversations about Dak and the Cowboys with Packers fans than most of you are capable of.
No, it’s a statement based on evidence. 5-1 with Cooper Rush, a 4th string practice QB with no training camp experience with the 1st team says otherwise..

khiladi

Reaction score
There are plenty of QBs that were good enough to lead a superbowl winning team and didn't. Unfortunately, it happens.

There are less deserving QBs who have won one superbowl and all their blemishes were forgotten.

Simply put, its shortsighted to cycle through QBs when you have a top 10 QB on the roster.

There are endless examples of teams mortgaging their future attempting to find a QB as good as Dak. Do we want to be Washington? The Raiders? The Bears?

Think about this...the Bears have arguably never had a QB as good as Dak in the history of their franchise.

Does this mean we dont draft viable QB prospects in later rounds? Ofcourse not. But this act that its fun to get on the QB carousel is a joke.

Dak has came up short in the playoffs, yes. Thats obvious. But the whole team has.
No, the team did not come up short against the 49ers in the play-offs Tad.. Dak did…

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Qb is the most important position on the field and hardest to hit on...makes perfect sense to see more teams spending high picks on QB's that in the past might have gone a bit lower.

You should always be drafting QB's and trying to develop, use or even flip for more picks....something we dont do unfortunatly
Sadly GM Jerry and Cap boy are locked on Dak

locked&loaded

Reaction score
No, it’s a statement based on evidence. 5-1 with Cooper Rush, a 4th string practice QB with no training camp experience with the 1st team says otherwise..
"There are PLENTY of top-tier QBs in the league right now that would have won with the Cowboys with its 3 all-pro linemen and number 1 ranked defense multiple years in a row"

yeah ..its a hyperbolic statement based on emotion with no actual substance. You dont know that. You cant know that.

most of you are exhausting.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Win what? 8 seasons in and he’s a stat machine against the weak teams, come win or go home time he’s a bottom 5 QB . How do you fix a problem you replace the faulty part and 8 seasons in that faulty part is Dak no ands ifs or maybes. Statistics say a QB going into his 9 season who has won nothing notable in that time is not winning a championship unless he has a generational defense and that’s not happening when you’re paying the offensive side of the ball more than twice what you pay the defensive side. Don’t take a chance stay with the defective player and hope luck comes your way.
33 and still clueless about football. Same sad argument that we could be terrible without Dak. That's the mentality that keeps poor people poor and losers stay losers.

In a league of ultra competitive, you have to be pushing the envelope. Dak is pushing mediocrity and we have the same fans year in and year out that refuse to remove the blinders.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I’m still holding out for Dak as a Post June 1 cut.

We need his $29 million to pay for our draft picks and Zeke.
They only have one left. If they’re going to do it don’t you think they would have by now? It looks as if he’s going to be on the team for the 2024 season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s basically two types of teams in the NFL. One with a Franchise QB ( which isn’t necessarily Elite) to build around and two , one’s looking for a Franchise QB.

It’s very difficult to have any success in NFL without a Franchise QB. It’s why teams will continue over reaching in draft and over paying once they find one.