QB Patrick Mahomes says he's not worried about getting passed over by other QBs in contract numbers

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until Mahomes wants a new contract and see how and what he does.

This thread was started for one reason, and it was not well disguised.

I care less what Mahomes said and does. It has no effect on Dallas. And is NFL news related.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mahomes got paid top dollar. It’s easy to say AFTER you sign a huge deal I don’t care about the money.
In 2020, Mahomes became the player with the highest annual contract value when he signed a 10-year, $450 million deal with the Chiefs
Mahomes did get paid top dollar at the time and it ultimately cost the team Tyreek Hill.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and he has this attitude. Dak probably isn't top 10 and has the opposite approach.

Why? He knows he was tops. He knows next contract coming. He knows he will be tops again. Perhaps he will e lips a $1B mark in career earnings

conner01

Reaction score
Mahomes did get paid top dollar at the time and it ultimately cost the team Tyreek Hill.
And I don’t blame him for wanting to get paid. Obviously they overcame the Hill loss but once a QB is in a second deal the decisions do get tough

Havic

Reaction score
Why cant Dak say stuff like this?

"It's not about being the highest-paid guy; it's not about making a ton of money. I've made enough money where I'll be set for the rest of my life. But at the same time, you got to find that line where you're making a good amount of money but you're still keeping a lot of great players around you so you can win these Super Bowls and you're able to compete in these games."

Mahomes said it was a difficult balance between the two.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And I don’t blame him for wanting to get paid. Obviously they overcame the Hill loss but once a QB is in a second deal the decisions do get tough
The decisions are going to get even tougher with the QB salaries continuing to skyrocket. The bottom line is though if you have a good QB you have to pay them or you won’t be able to compete for a championship.

Proof

Reaction score

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and he has this attitude. Dak probably isn't top 10 and has the opposite approach.

Dak does not have the opposite approach, and id imagine it’s fairly easy to feel the way Mahomes does when he got a 500 million dollar contract and has one of the best front offices in the league

Proof

Reaction score
Why cant Dak say stuff like this?

"It's not about being the highest-paid guy; it's not about making a ton of money. I've made enough money where I'll be set for the rest of my life. But at the same time, you got to find that line where you're making a good amount of money but you're still keeping a lot of great players around you so you can win these Super Bowls and you're able to compete in these games."

Mahomes said it was a difficult balance between the two.
i’d imagine because when he was playing on the cheapest starter contract in the league for 4 years the Jones weren’t using those savings to maximize the team.

Havic

Reaction score
i’d imagine because when he was playing on the cheapest starter contract in the league for 4 years the Jones weren’t using those savings to maximize the team.
And 30 mil a year wouldn't suffice to build a team around you since he clearly needs high caliber WR's to mask his issues?

Proof

Reaction score
And 30 mil a year wouldn't suffice to build a team around you since he clearly needs high caliber WR's to mask his issues?
they’ve shown they won’t use the savings. that was the point. with a more responsible, aggressive group it’s likely a different convo. IMO

Havic

Reaction score
they’ve shown they won’t use the savings. that was the point. with a more responsible, aggressive group it’s likely a different convo. IMO
Idk, I think if Dak was at 30 mil a year now we could have been even more aggressive in FA.